Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 1:50 pm

Please tell me you are still young at 30 and over

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2018, 2:20 pm

Get exercise, eat right.
Treat your spine well, be careful of your ergonomics.
Bad carpal has shut down my gaming.

The difficult reality is that entropy is inescapable, the body wears down, starts to ache.
We call that feeling "old". So, take heath advice seriously, i didn't, and now I'm paying for it.

But that really doesn't hit til the 40's.

30's.... dang, that's still young. I WISH I was in my 30's again.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 2:29 pm

I see middle age as 45, old at 90.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Sep 2018, 2:40 pm

Arganger wrote:
Middle age is late 40's, early 50's in my opinion. 90 is very old, I would consider moderately old to be late 50's or just over the peak of 60.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 4:06 pm

In my opinion:-

Birth to 3 years is baby
4 years to 17 years is child
18 years to 39 years is young
40 years to 69 years is middle-aged
70 years + is elderly

Note:-
From when baby walks independantly to 3 years is toddler
13 years to 19 years is teenager
18 years to 24 years is 'youngster'
Elderly doesn't necessarily mean frail and slow. Some 70-year-olds may not seem like 'elders' if they are still working, are physically active and look younger, so maybe the age a person becomes an elder depends on the person. But usually the category begins at around 70.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 4:22 pm

Mythos wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Middle age is late 40's, early 50's in my opinion. 90 is very old, I would consider moderately old to be late 50's or just over the peak of 60.

Most women in my family live into their hundreds and are rather healthy up till death. Age only really seems to start causing any issues at all at 90.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2018, 1:03 pm

I'll agree with Joe90 when it comes to age. You're not middle-aged until you're at least 40, old around 60 or so.

I have no idea why some people think they're getting old when they hit 30, given that the average lifespan in Canada is 80 or so, and half of 80 is... well, 40. If it's not, then I can't do math.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 1:09 pm

chris1989 wrote:

The average lifespan in the developed world is around 80 years. Of one's legal adult life, why should only one decade of it be considered young and the other 6 be considered old?

Do people in their 30s have the same energy they did in their early 20s? No but they are still usually in their physical prime. When people don't take care of themselves or have low vitality it usually begins to manifest as health issues in their 50s or 60s. The more vitality one has the further that gets pushed back.

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2018, 1:28 pm

Chronos wrote:
chris1989 wrote:

The average lifespan in the developed world is around 80 years. Of one's legal adult life, why should only one decade of it be considered young and the other 6 be considered old?

Do people in their 30s have the same energy they did in their early 20s? No but they are still usually in their physical prime. When people don't take care of themselves or have low vitality it usually begins to manifest as health issues in their 50s or 60s. The more vitality one has the further that gets pushed back.

yes. very true.

But how does one get that vitality back? "getting healthy" it a lot more difficult than "staying healthy".
And by 50, good or bad habits are well established. How does an old dog learn new tricks?

Or is this my punishment for living an unhealthy life? decades of miser and poor health, not even the energy to establish new habits, as if that's possible at this point.

People always harping on me about what I "should" be doing.

But I find it impossible to follow what others say. The more someone pressures me to do something, the more I resist, to my own detriment. I guess I don't care anymore. I don't want to be "old". I hope I am dead by 60.

Guess this is my plan, neglect myself into an early grave. It's too difficult to "get healthy", and "happy" is just an illusion.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 2:20 pm

An 18 year old asked after like 5 messages if she had to call me Mr. or Sir. . Made me feel damn old. It sucked.

People often tell me 30 is the new 20, but the people that tell me are all in their early 20s :roll:

Lost the last 10 years to my trauma, just recently starting to live normally again. I missed a whole decennium :(

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 2:42 pm

Once you are past 12 years of age then you have automatically become an old geezer. YOU are OLD.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 2:44 pm

You are still young at 30 and over.
You're not middle age or old at 30 or early 30s.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 3:05 pm

I'm 62 and call anyone under 45 young.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 3:20 pm

I'm 20 pounds heavier than I was in high school. Almost at a normal weight now. :D

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 3:26 pm

you're not old. age is to some extent a mental/ social construct - biology kicks in at some point but 30s are the peak before entering middle age (40s)
also mental attitude does a lot...
I'm 26 and feel / look 21.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 3:40 pm

Middle is 40-60.