Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Wtxger
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2018, 2:43 pm

I am on my 2nd marriage. It seems like a rollercoaster over the last several years. My wife tells me I am not pulling my part in the relationship. I have suspected for several years I may be on the Asperger’s spectrum. She tells me it is an excuse and it is just life, everybody has something to deal with.
She says I am not doing my part, she handles our finances, taxes, etc... and resents it and is angry. I understand, but I don’t know what to do. Two days ago I texted her I was looking for a counselor to help me (us). she said she was proud of me and happy about that, then yesterday morning she exploded at me (I think it is stress over finances and tax returns), but she wouldn’t say. I say “Is there something I can help with or do?” She just barks back ‘you should know, it is the same thing, you are not being a husband, you promised to be here when you married me, do your part, there is plenty to do’ the. She stormed out the door and left this morning, she does not answer my phone calls or texts. I am going crazy! My mind spirals, I think what if she leaves me, what do I do, anxiety 100%, I try to get my mind busy, play online video games (she hates that and I feel guilty about doing it, but it calms me down), supposedly Aspies are fine alone???? I can be at times, but I fear losing my wife. she is the only person I have. I literally have 0 personal friends and am alienated from my brother.
This is not even a question or a topic. I just think maybe it helps to write down my feelings. I am at times so scared about the future.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 3:00 pm

Do you work, do you have a job? How much you make?

Wtxger
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2018, 3:11 pm

Oh yes, I work, I go to work every week Mon-Thu, my income is 6 figures annually, that’s not the problem...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Sep 2018, 8:46 pm

Does your wife work :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 8:56 pm

Wtxger wrote:
I am on my 2nd marriage. It seems like a rollercoaster over the last several years. My wife tells me I am not pulling my part in the relationship. I have suspected for several years I may be on the Asperger’s spectrum. She tells me it is an excuse and it is just life, everybody has something to deal with.
She says I am not doing my part, she handles our finances, taxes, etc... and resents it and is angry. I understand, but I don’t know what to do. Two days ago I texted her I was looking for a counselor to help me (us). she said she was proud of me and happy about that, then yesterday morning she exploded at me (I think it is stress over finances and tax returns), but she wouldn’t say. I say “Is there something I can help with or do?” She just barks back ‘you should know, it is the same thing, you are not being a husband, you promised to be here when you married me, do your part, there is plenty to do’ the. She stormed out the door and left this morning, she does not answer my phone calls or texts. I am going crazy! My mind spirals, I think what if she leaves me, what do I do, anxiety 100%, I try to get my mind busy, play online video games (she hates that and I feel guilty about doing it, but it calms me down), supposedly Aspies are fine alone???? I can be at times, but I fear losing my wife. she is the only person I have. I literally have 0 personal friends and am alienated from my brother.
This is not even a question or a topic. I just think maybe it helps to write down my feelings. I am at times so scared about the future.

Why don't you pay an accountant to do the taxes?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 1:30 am

She's treating you with utter contempt. You really need to leave her.

Ohnos
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2018, 7:38 am

That sounds terrifying, are you OK?

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 10:25 am

Is it possible for her to draw up a schedule of daily tasks for each day of the week that need to be done, would you be able to remember to check that list on a daily basis and then complete each task?