Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 3:06 pm

Starts at :34........

Some tweets I've seen:

It's less windy 25 feet behind him.

It's windy somewhere. Not here, but it's windy somewhere.....

Others appear to be calling it fake news.

You decide.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 6:51 pm

Weather Channel Reporter Roasted for Struggling During Hurricane While 2 People Easily Walk By

Quote:
he Weather Channel went on to defend their reporter in a statement to PEOPLE.

“It’s important to note that the two individuals in the background are walking on concrete, and Mike Seidel is trying to maintain his footing on wet grass, after reporting on-air until 1:00 a.m. ET this morning and is undoubtedly exhausted,” a spokesperson wrote.

However, David Shuster, who was previously a news anchor for MSNBC, went on to share that he wasn’t buying the explanation.

“I’ve stood on wet grass and concrete while reporting from hurricanes. The Weather Channel defense of their reporter is utter bull—-,” he wrote on Twitter.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 7:09 pm

It's easy enough in any built-up area to find spots where the wind is funnelled by buildings etc. if you wanted to make your footage look that extra bit dramatic. The main University building in the nearby town is famous for it; it's a terrible design that funnels the wind right across its main entrance; even when the wind is not too severe, you have to watch you don't get knocked sideways as you come out of the doors.

At the same time, something instinctive that I can't put my finger on finds the way that he moves not entirely convincing.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

16 Sep 2018, 7:45 pm

A weatherman struggling to hold himself on the ground makes for more engrossing television. Case closed.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 9:21 pm

Look at the sign that the reporter is next to. Watch the grass move. There is some wind but in my mind not extreme wind.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 11:14 am

Right on the screen it says sustained wind 29MPH guests to 48 below tropical storm force. It looked higher tropical storm force but not hurricane force.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 12:55 pm

Nekomonster wrote:
A weatherman struggling to hold himself on the ground makes for more engrossing television. Case closed.
Gimme some good, old-fashioned reporting, instead of this weatherman's hack journalism.

I've seen street mimes do a better "Man In A Windstorm" routine on a clear, sunny day!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 3:44 pm

I love the way the cameraman goes in for the wide shot, totally blowing him out. He easily could have cut in close and no one would have seen the walking people.

RESleight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2018, 12:45 pm

I wonder if he was reprimanded by his superiors for that.