Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Sep 2018, 10:23 am

Oh, and of course I love carving Jack O Lanterns. That pic that Ford posted, I'm going to try to replicate all that this year.

RESleight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2018, 12:18 pm

Autumn is an awesome time of year.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Sep 2018, 12:20 pm

^ Agreed. In the part of the world where I live, its the only time of year when we have what I consider nice weather. Cool, crisp, no humidity. Trees are beautiful.

Winter here is brutal, Summer too hot and humid, and Spring to wet, muddy, and unpredictable.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 12:33 am

I used to love Halloween as a kid, my family had a Halloween party at my childhood house, back then there were alot of kids. There this one house in the neighborhood, it was very big, I thought it was haunted. I dressed up in elementary school, one year I was a clown, there was a costume contest, I won. I dressed up in high school too, there were a parade, my class went around an elementary school. My mom owed a preschool, I helped the teachers, I dressed up too in my 20s, the teachers threw a Halloween party for the children, I stopped dressing up in 1995, I was 25, I was a good witch.

Fuzzyair
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2018, 2:38 am

I've always liked the spookiness of Halloween but my family has never celebrated it. We live up a long driveway on an old farm so we have no neighbours which means we never get trick or treaters either. I do enjoy the scary costumes though :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Sep 2018, 7:04 am

I never really went trick-or-treating. My parents live on a major highway on a road that has no side-walks & steep ditches. My mom would turn the front porch light on thou but everyone else around would have their light turned off even if they normally kept it on at night. A couple neighbor kids might show up but that's it & some years noone would. My mom doesn't even turn the light on nowadays. My parents & grandma used to give me candy thou. My mom sends me a check since I moved out. It's not a lot of money but it's something & can go towards after Halloween candy sales if we catch a good one & buy a lot. My mom used to do a lot of decorating but she does alot less over the years. She's getting older. I never really been into Halloween except for eating the candy I would get(I appreciate the check mom sends me nowadays & I do buy some candy before Halloween, not just after) & I liked watching a few of the classic horror movies but I never been much into the horror genre. I also really liked when my skewls would celebrate Halloween cuz we got to miss class & would get some treats & might have games.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RESleight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2018, 9:05 am

nick007 wrote:
I also really liked when my skewls would celebrate Halloween cuz we got to miss class & would get some treats & might have games.

I remember this, too. The classroom atmosphere was very different and so much fun during holiday times.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Sep 2018, 7:40 pm

I also really like the band, Helloween :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RESleight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm

Growing up in the 80s-90s was fun

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 4:46 pm

I started putting up my home-made decorations this weekend. I had a little trouble deciding which windows to display them in, though.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 10:32 pm

Halloween is ok but Christmas is way better.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre