Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 9:27 pm

Everyone tells me MST3K is a hilarious show, and since I like the Nostalgia Critic and Cinemasins (who also make fun of movies) I thought I'd love it. They have it on Hulu, and I watched the first two episodes (Reptillicus and Robot Holocaust) and was disappointed. Their riffs were just weak. Does it get better later on? Where do you suggest I start watching?

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 4:29 am

I think the show is amazing, but some episodes are definitely better than others. I remember liking Reptilicus. The only thing I don't care for are the skits, but I love when they're making fun of the films. It also looks like you're watching the new series, which I like from what I saw, but you may want to try some of the original episodes.

My favorite episodes are:

Mitchell
Hamlet
The Girl in the Gold Boots
Eegah!
Moon Zero Two
I Accuse My Parents
The Brain that Wouldn't Die
The Leech Woman
Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 5:21 am

You're watching the new season, it is disappointing.

Manos: The Hands of Fate is a great one. I really like Puma Man. Night of the Living Dead is a classic.

Last time I checked, they had a bunch of episodes on their official YouTube channel (for free): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... aJ46GEDpBI
I haven't seen any of these yet.

There's also a Pluto TV channel (and one for Rifftrax, too!).

la_fenkis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 5:09 pm

'Space Mutiny' and 'Alien From L.A.' stand out in my memory as being raucously funny episodes.

The new stuff feels too self-acknowledging and a bit forced, it's like a nostalgia machine.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 5:15 pm

It's one of my favorite shows but some episodes are funnier than others.

I think it really depends on the movie being played. Some of the movies are so dull and boring that even making fun of them is unbearable to watch.