Today is my birthday, I hate birthdays

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

armandreyes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Sep 2018, 2:59 pm

Nothing to celebrate, instead another entire year of bad things

And Christmas is coming, but at least a lot of people who are not aspergers hate that too

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 3:54 pm

armandreyes wrote:

Screw it! And congratulations!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 3:58 pm

It's my birthday too, which has just begun with a wonderful cat cuddle from a wonderful cat. And after several sunless days the sun has come out. It is a perfect day to go and watch the birds nesting on the cliffs and feeding their young in the nests in the trees by the estuary, then feed a number of different wading birds with their favourite green peas. For lunch some GF cake and wonderful coffee at my favourite cafe nearby. Almost ready to have my favourite breakfast and then my more distant family members are going to telephone. I'm determined to enjoy this birthday this year, doing favourite things and talking with favourite people. In a couple of days the family are taking me out for a shared lunch with a wonderful grand-daughter who also shares her birthday with me this week.

It's tough on single people without families who are young and alone. I am old, and though I live alone I also live in a world of creatures that delight me year round.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 4:42 pm

I won't wish you a happy Birthday then.

"Just another day, hey." That's what my father-in-law always said on his birthdays. He lived into his nineties.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 5:50 pm

armandreyes wrote:

And Christmas is coming, but at least a lot of people who are not aspergers hate that too

Happy Birthday! :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 10:46 pm

Crappy Birthday...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 1:06 am

B19 wrote:
It's my birthday too, which has just begun with a wonderful cat cuddle from a wonderful cat. And after several sunless days the sun has come out. It is a perfect day to go and watch the birds nesting on the cliffs and feeding their young in the nests in the trees by the estuary, then feed a number of different wading birds with their favourite green peas. For lunch some GF cake and wonderful coffee at my favourite cafe nearby. Almost ready to have my favourite breakfast and then my more distant family members are going to telephone. I'm determined to enjoy this birthday this year, doing favourite things and talking with favourite people. In a couple of days the family are taking me out for a shared lunch with a wonderful grand-daughter who also shares her birthday with me this week.

It's tough on single people without families who are young and alone. I am old, and though I live alone I also live in a world of creatures that delight me year round.

You posted this at 4:58PM so that means it was 1:58AM September 20 New Zealand time which means we share a birthday so happy birthday. It means we survived another year. That is the most important thing, everything flows from that.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 2:32 am

Fancy that, my old WP friend! We joined here the same year too, as I recall. In fact we shared quite a few other experiences, one way and another. You worked out the dates perfectly and your wishes are fully reciprocated for your birthday tomorrow, when its the 20th in the USA. Hope you have exactly the kind of day you wish for :)

Harry Potter fans will know that the 19th is Hermione's birthday, hope someone is holding a party for her up in the top end of the planet today!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 6:55 am

B19,

That's the PURR-fect way to celebrate-with kitty cuddles from a favorite cat!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 7:17 am

Apparently the word has got finally around.. have received gifts including a coaster saying "sometimes only a cat snuggle will do", a mug enscribed with "cat lady for life" and beautiful card with a really wonderful drawing of a cat, and a carving of a cat in the gold and black style of Ancient Egypt... and a lovely Abysinnian cat who is a friend of my cat came for a visit!

OP, I hope that something pleasant, however small, has happened for you on your birthday, and I hope that the year ahead will be a much happier one for you. My life has become happier as I become older, so my birthday wish for you is that you will find the same trend now starting in your life. May you have many happier returns..

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 7:55 am

B19 wrote:
Fancy that, my old WP friend! We joined here the same year too, as I recall. In fact we shared quite a few other experiences, one way and another. You worked out the dates perfectly and your wishes are fully reciprocated for your birthday tomorrow, when its the 20th in the USA. Hope you have exactly the kind of day you wish for :)

Harry Potter fans will know that the 19th is Hermione's birthday, hope someone is holding a party for her up in the top end of the planet today!

Fans of 80’s synthpop will remember the group Thompson Twins. Lead singer and New Zealand native Alannah Currie not only shares our birthday but she was born the exact same day as me. I had a crush on her back in the day. She has gone on to have an interesting career as an activist and artist under the pseudonym Miss Pokeno.

I also hope that the OP has a better year. I have a feeling he deserves it.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 20 Sep 2018, 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 8:44 am

I like my birthday celebrations, but something bad always happens the month before, making it hard to enjoy it.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 4:37 pm

B19,

Sounds like you had a very nice day! I get a lot of cat-related presents, too. How nice that your kitty and that Abyssinian are friends! That must have been cute to see!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 11:59 pm

I hate birthdays as well! The only good thing about birthdays is that I get cake!

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 8:07 am

My birthday got sucky after coming to GA honestly. Then again its not everyday that you have a boyfriend that lives very far from you and have had to spent 2 whole birthdays alone as a result. I live with family and all so it wasn't "spending the actual day alone" but just not really spending it the way I wanted to is probably more like it.

Last year my birthday sucked because we first moved down here and went house hunting on my birthday and when I got my food I had fight with the people just to give me tofu. Then this year my birthday wasn't so great either because I spent half the day in the doctors office with my mom and while I got some good indian food after being dragged back out again, my finger got all smashed up and still has a brush after all this time. Atleast I can type normally now though ...

I kinda stopped caring about my birthday after I turned 18 pretty much though.

Otherwise happy belated birthday :D your birthday is the same day as my mom's birthday xD

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 11:05 pm

I can't wait until Christmas. It's one of my favourite times of the year.