Elon Musk has autism and is changing the world!

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Mattiesse
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2018, 9:09 am

Elon’s thoughts are so fast in his head he can hardly talk to match them! He has invented the electric car with Nikola Tesla’s invention of electrical current coming round instead of straight ahead. Now he is sending a spaceship to do a trip around the moon and back! GO ELON MUSK!! ! Next his biggest project yet! 2022 we are going to MARS!! !

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 10:08 am

Mattiesse wrote:
Elon’s thoughts are so fast in his head he can hardly talk to match them! He has invented the electric car with Nikola Tesla’s invention of electrical current coming round instead of straight ahead. Now he is sending a spaceship to do a trip around the moon and back! GO ELON MUSK!! ! Next his biggest project yet! 2022 we are going to MARS!! !

He didn't invent the electric car, or even the lithium battery. Frankly, he looks like he's burning out, he should take a long vacation.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 10:42 am

Where is it written that Elon Musk was diagnosed with having autism?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 10:49 am

I have exactly zero respect for billionaires who tease with an "autistic" bent. They obviously have the money to get a diagnosis and pronto, but they always seem to just toy with the notion. Why?

Ooooh, probably because they tried and failed in a legitimate clinic or three. They aren't, in fact, autistic.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 10:51 am

From what I have seen it is all speculation, it is nothing he has confirmed.

NOT EVERY SUCCESSFUL QUIRKY SOCIALLY ACKWARD PERSON IS AUTISTIC.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 10:51 am

Mattiesse wrote:
He has invented the electric car

wrong
while not responsible for the creation of the electric car in general (electric vehicles go back much longer than most think), his teslas did make the EV viable as a daily commuter type of car...most EVs before his were too small and gimmicky or had poor range. credit where credit is due, always.

that said, he's not the same man we saw last year - his enterprises are struggling, and he's showing cracks from that stress.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 12:21 am

Mattiesse wrote:
Now he is sending a spaceship to do a trip around the moon and back!
What sort of spaceship?
Has he already done it!
Is it manned?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 12:43 am

I the electric car was invented in the 1920s.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 1:38 am

Musk doesn't seem autistic.
The way he courts the media doesn't tally with an autistic mindset, I think. And he doesn't have the right kind of look in his eyes.
I could be wrong, though, he might just have a really, really good mask.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 4:20 am

MrsPeel wrote:
The way he courts the media doesn't tally with an autistic mindset, I think. And he doesn't have the right kind of look in his eyes.

True. He's too much of a salesman to be autistic.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 9:22 am

MrsPeel wrote:

I am told that I mask so well that people doubt that I am autistic. For me, it is all memory-based knowledge, not personality. Besides, I have papers proving my autism. :wink:

I just don't trust celebrities and billionaires hinting that they are autistic (or having their entourages do it for them) when they could be assessed and diagnosed TODAY if they chose to do so. That they don't offer their diagnoses in more valid ways than whisper campaigns (even a public statement from their agencies would suffice), I suspect that they "mask" being autistic in the same ways that we mask being NT. Bottom line, with apologies to Gertrude Stein, "[t]here is no there there[,]" except for the social cache it gives them.

I used to defend such people because I suspected that they were merely clumsy in their discussions of the matter, but now I realize that they mask as autistic for the ongoing notoriety that "is he, or isn't he?" brings them.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 9:32 am

Mattiesse wrote:
Elon Musk has autism ...
Evidence, please?
Mattiesse wrote:
Elon’s thoughts are so fast in his head he can hardly talk to match them!
Caffeine.
Mattiesse wrote:
He has invented the electric car...
WRONG. The first electric car was invented in 1884 by a man named Thomas Parker.
Mattiesse wrote:
... with Nikola Tesla’s invention of electrical current...
WRONG. Direct electric current was discovered in 1831 by Michael Faraday. Nikolai Tesla was born in 1856.
Mattiesse wrote:
... coming round instead of straight ahead...
Alternating Current was first produced in 1831 from an alternator invented by Hypolyte Pixii.
Mattiesse wrote:
Now he is sending a spaceship to do a trip around the moon and back! GO ELON MUSK!! Next his biggest project yet! 2022 we are going to MARS!!
I'll believe that when I see it happen.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 11:05 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I the electric car was invented in the 1920s.

More like the 1850s. But Elon deserves some credit for the Tesla. Sometimes implementing an idea is more important than having the idea.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 11:29 am

Mattiesse wrote:

As others pointed out, he did not invent the things you credit to him. I also do not believe he is on the spectrum. He does, however, have children on the spectrum.

Most of the things Musk and his companies produce or attemp to produce are not new concepts. The theory and base technology existed for NASA to design and build a rocket capable of landing on a barge in the ocean in the 60s. It just wasn't necessary or beneficial. There was a revival of the electric car idea in the 90s. There were a few models and my state installed charging stations at various locations for them. They did not catch on for the same reasons Tesla is encountering. A lot of people don't have a way to charge them at home and they take hours to charge, compared to a few minutes to fill up a tank.

Musk tries to bring mainstream technology and ideas that have been tossed aside due to circumstances of economics. What is special about him is that he has managed to raise enough funding for these projects, but while he certainly works hard, the foundation of his success at raising funding has been the luck of an environment and circumstances that have tilted the odds in his favor.

In effect, he has said he will bake and distribute grape pies world wide. He managed to get the funding to do this, but now he is finding that there is not enough demand for grape pies. The factory was not designed in accordance with a time tested model and is having issues that effect projected output. There are problems getting these pies fresh to remote locations.

He currently wants to tunnel under Los Angeles. This is not impossible. It's just dangerous and expensive. Tunneling under Los Angeles to build subway lines was halted by voters in the 90s because Los Angeles contains many fault lines which require extensive surveying and it also contains methane pockets which were resulting in explosions and above ground road closures which were exacerbating traffic issues. As with most projects, it was over budget and behind on schedule.

It would not be an amazing thing to tunnel under Los Angeles, just an expensive thing.

It's not an amazing thing to build and cell electric cars. Just an economically limited thing.

It's not an amazing thing to build a rocket that can land on a barge. Just something that wasn't previously necessary.

It's not an amazing thing to go to Mars. We have sent things to Mars before. We can send people. It just takes money.