Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TheAvenger161173
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2018, 9:32 am

I’ve noticed with social media(Facebook) I get sensory over load. Within a few minutes of being on it I feel fatigued, anxious. It also happens when I’m not interacting with people much. Does anyone else feel like this? What is it about social media that does this?

KestrylR
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2018, 10:48 am

The flickering ads that are constantly reloading and/or changing plus the superfluous noise that gets added to almost everything. I can only stand it with everything muted.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
Very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 3:23 pm

I have an issue with social media that I don’t get everyone’s tone in what they are saying as it is all written in text form. There have been times when I have got anxious almost to meltdown mode because someone said something to me but I did not understand what they meant.

I also think people can be horrible on Facebook in general.

Babi dwr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Sep 2018, 5:55 pm

I find that theres just so much info to take in, people overshare and it makes me think about all sorts of stuff about their lives that I shouldnt give two hoots about. I often end up stopping and re-grouping and asking myself why the hell am I even reading this shite. Its really all pointless because I rarely ever respond so all that effort reading means absolutely nothing to anyone. If I do get wound up or offended or upset, again I just dont know why I put myself there when I just end up having to bottle it.

I have cut right down on using it now for the reasons above :)

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2018, 7:46 am

I tried Facebook for about 2 weeks several years ago. The whole concept seemed pointless to me. I wasn't interested in all the stuff other people were saying and I had nothing I wanted to say, literally nothing at all. So I binned it.

I still don't understand the attraction of it. I hear people at work talk about addiction to social media and I see some of my extended family engrossed in it even at meal times but to me it just feels like an extra workload for no benefit or enjoyment.

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)