Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

hulkie21
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Sep 2018, 1:00 pm

Some Forex or maybe binary. Share your success stories here, guys :)

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2018, 1:15 pm

Maybe you could explain a bit? I don't understand a word of that but maybe somebody else will, if you go on a bit. Good luck.

hulkie21
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2018, 10:01 am

What exactly don't you understand? I am talking about Forex trading and Binary options trading. Have you tried it?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 11:34 am

hulkie21 wrote:
What exactly don't you understand? I am talking about Forex trading and Binary options trading. Have you tried it?

I am sorry.

None of us here on planet earth have psychic powers. We cant look into your skull and read your mind well enough to know what "Forex trading" and "binary options" are.

My guess is that you're talking about something like commodities trading, but doing it online.

Sounds like a good way, to...either...loose a lot of money fast, or take a make a lot of money fast. Either way it would be exciting I would imagine.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 2:18 pm

Forex is a brand of beer here.
I wouldn't mind if someone traded me a beer for my glass of water.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 5:49 pm

I think Forex and Binary are brands of trading cards. Correct me if I'm wrong.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 8:36 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Forex is a brand of beer here.
I wouldn't mind if someone traded me a beer for my glass of water.

I could have sworn that "Forex" was a brand of top of the line condoms. But I cant find mention of that online! Lol!

=============

Just now learned that the Forex he is talking about means "foreign exchange". Basically currency speculation.

X number of German Marks equals Y number of British Schillings which equals z number of Yen, and dollars etc.

But as the dozens of national currencies fluctuate in value they get out of sync in value with the dozens of other currencies. And speculators can pounce on that momentary descrepancy to make money by trading currencies.

Actually it could be a good thing for certain kinds of aspies to play around with.

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2018, 9:09 pm

In case anyone is curious, options are contracts that lock in the price of a stock. Just like stocks can shift their value options can shift their's, so it is possible to make a profit by buying a contract and selling it at a higher price.

I didn't learn my first word until I was three, didn't know how to tie my shoe until I was thirteen, and failed to get my driver's licence until I was 25, but day trading I picked up at the snap of the fingers.

80% of day traders loose money during their first year, but I've made 17 grand day trading stocks and options, and my first year hasn't ended yet. It seems I was born to do this and not much else. My wife who has aspergers is also a skilled trader. Since we autistic people seem so well designed for managing finances I was heartbroken to learn that few people on this forum engage in day trading. So much so I tried to convince a member on this board to be my apprentice trader. She declined.

I suppose it can't be helped. It takes a lot of starting capital to day trade, and I am unusually fortunate to have that capital on hand. So it goes.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 9:39 pm

For me, it is really about net return versus the time spent, since I already have a full time day job that pays more than enough to meet my needs. Taking long term capital gains makes a lot of sense as is advantageous to legally avoid taxes. Thank you President Bush :D

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 1:04 am

I know an Aspie who trades in Xbox live codes.
He does quite well with it, as a side interest (he also has a full time job).

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2018, 6:45 am

Raleigh wrote:
I know an Aspie who trades in Xbox live codes.
He does quite well with it, as a side interest (he also has a full time job).

Cool