Hi, I'm new to the forums and I'm not sure if I'm an aspie.

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

NoonesMyName
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Sep 2018, 12:42 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
NoonesMyName wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet!

What a fascinating description of yourself.

Have you been screened with autism using one or more of the screening tests like Wired magazine's "Take the Autism Test"?

It could shed more light on your autism-related behaviors, characteristics and comorbids.

Thanks for the input and the welcome,I really appreciate it. I described myself as best I can but there's other things that I forgot to put in thinking about it now.

It's a shame that it's hard to find help and an accurate diagnosis as an adult but I'm 38 now and I've made it this far without knowing I was on the spectrum.

I took the wired test you linked but the results aren't available at the moment and I didn't have the time to manually calculate it,I will defo have another look at the weekend. I've never been too good with figures to be honest and I always assumed Aspies have a higher than average IQ. Or is that another one of societies misconceptions?

Are there any other tests I could take?

Yes, sorry for the delay. Check out <https://www.aspietests.org/>

Not a problem,I'm just glad you sent me the link.

I've taken the The Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) test and "scored" 39. It seems that anything higher than 32 is suspected autism. I know it's not a reliable diagnosis but it's more evidence as I can't find any professionals willing to diagnose me.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 12:58 pm

NoonesMyName wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
NoonesMyName wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet!

What a fascinating description of yourself.

Have you been screened with autism using one or more of the screening tests like Wired magazine's "Take the Autism Test"?

It could shed more light on your autism-related behaviors, characteristics and comorbids.

Thanks for the input and the welcome,I really appreciate it. I described myself as best I can but there's other things that I forgot to put in thinking about it now.

It's a shame that it's hard to find help and an accurate diagnosis as an adult but I'm 38 now and I've made it this far without knowing I was on the spectrum.

I took the wired test you linked but the results aren't available at the moment and I didn't have the time to manually calculate it,I will defo have another look at the weekend. I've never been too good with figures to be honest and I always assumed Aspies have a higher than average IQ. Or is that another one of societies misconceptions?

Are there any other tests I could take?

Yes, sorry for the delay. Check out <https://www.aspietests.org/>

Not a problem,I'm just glad you sent me the link.

I've taken the The Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) test and "scored" 39. It seems that anything higher than 32 is suspected autism. I know it's not a reliable diagnosis but it's more evidence as I can't find any professionals willing to diagnose me.

It is "somewhat" reliable. In fact, I chuckled when I saw the ADOS-2 companion self-report screening tool, SRS-2, include some of the same questions as the AQ screening tool used.

I am glad you enjoyed the tests. At the very least, you can now say that you have been "screened" as having autism.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)