Are there really more "mass shootings" in the U.S.?

Page 8 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 9:33 pm

You are basically saying that it is ok for YOU to have your own opinion but ME trying to express my own opinion is bad.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 9:39 pm

And you know something else? I will NEVER leave this country! People like me have just as much right to live here as people like you and I hope it annoys you every day knowing that you won't be able to get rid of us and have this country all to yourself!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 11:57 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
You are basically saying that it is ok for YOU to have your own opinion but ME trying to express my own opinion is bad.

I haven’t said any such thing.
You expressed your and I expressed mine. It’s really that simple.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 11:58 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
And you know something else? I will NEVER leave this country! People like me have just as much right to live here as people like you and I hope it annoys you every day knowing that you won't be able to get rid of us and have this country all to yourself!

I don’t want to get rid of anyone I just want my rights and me left alone.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 12:07 am

sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

No I think what you really want is for everybody to agree with you and see things your way. If they don't then they all need to move to Japan right? :roll:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 12:58 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

No I think what you really want is for everybody to agree with you and see things your way. If they don't then they all need to move to Japan right? :roll:

I want me and my rights left alone
No gun control zero . We have too many as is. I’m tired of constantly being under attack day after day living in fear that tomorrow will be the day the antis get what they want and I either end up dead or in prison for doing nothing more then using my god given rights protected under the constitution.

I’m done talking with you

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 7:23 am

sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I want me and my rights left alone
No gun control zero . We have too many as is. I’m tired of constantly being under attack day after day living in fear that tomorrow will be the day the antis get what they want and I either end up dead or in prison for doing nothing more then using my god given rights protected under the constitution.

I’m done talking with you

Good because I'm done talking to you too!

And you know something else? I already started to agree that maybe gun rights aren't so bad so I guess that means the joke is really on you.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 9:42 am

sly279 wrote:
:wink:
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
sly279 wrote:
No thanks to all the above

Many would say aspire can’t own guns or anyone with any conditions, drink lots of coffee well your addicted so no guns for you. Hell your side says just wanting to own guns is a mental illness and so anyone who wants a gun wouldn’t be allowed to have one.

Why don’t you move to japan then. Oh wait they don’t like non Japanese there and you’d have to death with the organized crime problem and super high suicide rate.

Yeah you are so right. If I'm wanting things to change in my own country for what I think is best then I'm some kind of evil traitor who doesn't even love my own country and I should just abandon it and move somewhere else.
That was sarcasm btw.

You want to ruin the nation and force hundreds of millions of people to live how you want using force.

How’d you like it if I wanted to make it so everyone had to own a gun or go to prison bet you’d be against that

I don't hear those claims coming from TW1ZTY. He flagged his comments with a "sarcasm" note.

TW1ZTY wrote:
Doing thorough background checks on the people who buy guns, making sure people cannot purchase or own a gun without a permit, not allowing people with a severe mental illness like Bipolar Disorder or Schizophrenia or people with a criminal history to own firearms, increasing more security in our schools to protect our children, and I think that's pretty much it.

Hell to be frank I wouldn't mind if guns were made completely illegal like over in Japan. They don't have problems like kids bringing guns to school to shoot up other kids because they're not as easy to obtain over there as they are here. Besides why do we even need the right for civilians to own firearms anymore? We made that law when we were fighting the British for control of our country because we did not have an actual military at the time and we were relying on a militia of farmers and hunters. Now we have one of the greatest militaries in the world and our government is so powerful that we don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of overthrowing them even if we really wanted to or had a good reason to.

I think it's just an obsolete amendment. That's my honest opinion.

He also mentioned wanting psychological evaluations to buy a gun. To which surely we’d be disqualified since we have autism and other disorders.

It was this I responded to saying if he likes japan so much he should move there instead of trying to make USA into japan.

Also the bill of rights was pass after we defeated the British and was intended to be used against future tranical us government.

Unless I am mistaken, I believe he was accepting my description that the only way a disabled individual can be prohibited in possessing a firearm is through a state or federal judicial court determination (which doesn't just rubber stamp the determination; it involves adversarial lawyers and invites guardians ad litem to make their opinions made). That is the current, rigorous legal status, and it has worked for decades. It doesn't appear it will be changed in the foreseeable future. Now, if others have differences of opinion, they will need to take it up with the Congress successfully. Until that happens, relax. Americans have free speech rights to say such things.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 12:56 pm

Quote:
Americans have free speech rights to say such things.

Exactly! That is supposed to be the great thing about our country. :heart:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 1:35 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Unless I am mistaken, I believe he was accepting my description that the only way a disabled individual can be prohibited in possessing a firearm is through a state or federal judicial court determination (which doesn't just rubber stamp the determination; it involves adversarial lawyers and invites guardians ad litem to make their opinions made). That is the current, rigorous legal status, and it has worked for decades. It doesn't appear it will be changed in the foreseeable future. Now, if others have differences of opinion, they will need to take it up with the Congress successfully. Until that happens, relax. Americans have free speech rights to say such things.

They already did it under Obama and it was only stopped cause trump. States are trying to do it and do worse things.
Wanting ones rights to be determined by a psychologist is horrible. MOst of them are anti gun and lots don’t think aspire should own guns.
They aren’t just saying it though they pushing legislation to enact such policies. In my state all it takes is an ex or someone saying you had sex with them that your dangerous and they take your guns for a year or more, now they expanding it to allow include coworkers. So some coworker is like man sly si so why he must be future mass shooter and tells police so then come and take my guns. Now it’s up to me to prove I’m innocent which cost lots of money I don’t have and they know that. So I’m branded dangerous and have no rights and there’s nothing that can doo all off the word of someone I work with.
Then there’s the simi auto ban they almost go through and are already pushing it for our state congress and if not for 2020. A bill that even the liberal court who always sides anti gun said it was illegally worded and confusing. Mean when their own biases court says it’s bad that should tell you something.
Then there’s California god help any gun owner living there. Meanwhile the atf made bumpstocks illegal and any other rate of fire increasing device.
Some racist can have their opinion but I’m sure we’d all freak out when they start to push legislation and it gains traction.
I live in a liberal state unlike you(for now) so it’s very likely a simi auto ban will be passed this coming year, they control our state congress and the dem governor demands it, it per usually I’ll be passed under a clause of emergency which disallows the people from voting to remove it. Year again what’s the state emergency? It was suppose to be used in events of war or natature disasters but they use it to get whatever horrible law they want through.

So I won’t calm down or relax they are winning here and once they get control of federal congress and the White House they be winning federally which will effect you too

Also since your siding with him
Are you then saying I don’t have free speech to say what I said? Cause that’s how it seems to sound from two of you.
Nothing I said violates his free speech.
Free speech works both ways.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 1:45 pm

sly279 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

They already did it under Obama and it was only stopped cause trump. States are trying to do it and do worse things.
Wanting ones rights to be determined by a psychologist is horrible. MOst of them are anti gun and lots don’t think aspire should own guns.
They aren’t just saying it though they pushing legislation to enact such policies. In my state all it takes is an ex or someone saying you had sex with them that your dangerous and they take your guns for a year or more, now they expanding it to allow include coworkers. So some coworker is like man sly si so why he must be future mass shooter and tells police so then come and take my guns. Now it’s up to me to prove I’m innocent which cost lots of money I don’t have and they know that. So I’m branded dangerous and have no rights and there’s nothing that can doo all off the word of someone I work with.
Then there’s the simi auto ban they almost go through and are already pushing it for our state congress and if not for 2020. A bill that even the liberal court who always sides anti gun said it was illegally worded and confusing. Mean when their own biases court says it’s bad that should tell you something.
Then there’s California god help any gun owner living there. Meanwhile the atf made bumpstocks illegal and any other rate of fire increasing device.
Some racist can have their opinion but I’m sure we’d all freak out when they start to push legislation and it gains traction.
I live in a liberal state unlike you(for now) so it’s very likely a simi auto ban will be passed this coming year, they control our state congress and the dem governor demands it, it per usually I’ll be passed under a clause of emergency which disallows the people from voting to remove it. Year again what’s the state emergency? It was suppose to be used in events of war or natature disasters but they use it to get whatever horrible law they want through.

So I won’t calm down or relax they are winning here and once they get control of federal congress and the White House they be winning federally which will effect you too

Also since your siding with him
Are you then saying I don’t have free speech to say what I said? Cause that’s how it seems to sound from two of you.
Nothing I said violates his free speech.
Free speech works both ways.

Yup

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 1:47 pm

It’s ironic that you both shouting free speech while simultaneously telling me j can’t say something. Seems to imply you don’t think I have free speech and that that rights selective.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 1:52 pm

sly279 wrote:
It’s ironic that you both shouting free speech while simultaneously telling me j can’t say something. Seems to imply you don’t think I have free speech and that that rights selective.

I wrote: "Americans have free speech rights to say such things." I specifically didn't focus on anyone.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 1:55 pm

sly279 wrote:

Oh I think you have the right to your opinion and to free speech. I just don't like you. :wink:

Now I'm expressing my free speech to say that I'm ending this arguement before it turns into an elementary school level of childish name calling. :mrgreen:

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 3:19 pm

I just have to say it : The «best» thing about this «country» right now is the fact that it has the highest concentration of «conspiracy theorists» amongst its population in the entire world who expose government-corruption.

AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I wrote: "Americans have free speech rights to say such things." I specifically didn't focus on anyone.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 3:26 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
I just have to say it : The «best» thing about this «country» right now is the fact that it has the highest concentration of «conspiracy theorists» amongst its population in the entire world who expose government-corruption.
AspieUtah wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I disagree I think the best thing about our country is the chocolate chip cookie. Definitely the chocolate chip cookie! Without us it would have never been invented. :thumright: