Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

SunshineEmma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2018, 5:09 am

So I'm in a bit of a worry and I need your advice on what you would do in my situation and what you think I should do.

My family and I are going out for lunch this afternoon and I've decided to wear one of my favourite dresses, it's white and really soft, but not too soft that it makes my hands feel weird when I touch the texture. It's also good at hiding my breasts which are D cup which is good as I don't like getting too many stares when I'm out.

But I'm worried about my legs. They aren't really hairy but there's enough there that I'm worried it will show and I don't want to look silly or get any stares. I try my best to shave my legs when I can but usually avoid it as I don't like the feel of the razor on them. I really want to wear this dress but if I do it will showw my legs which means I either have to shave or wear a pair of my black tights. But they make my hands and legs feel sensitive because of the material and that's my problem.

I'm not sure what to do. I love my dress but I'm not sure which would suit me better, the tights or shaving?

Any advice on this would be really appreciated. :heart:

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 10:14 pm

I only just saw this.

I would have worn tights but then I would have wondered if they would show up underneath the white dress.

What did you do? I'm curious.

SunshineEmma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2018, 8:12 am

It was a tough decision as I really dislike the feel of tights, but in the end I decided they were better than shaving my legs as I always miss bits and cut myself to ribbons. So I wore the tights and actually it wasn't too bad, I found the material a little irritating on my skin but coped well. Luckily my white dress is quite thick but very soft at the same time so it didn't show through the tights at all which I am happy about :)

So for future meals and events I will definitely choose tights. Shaving is just really hard for me.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 8:28 am

Shaving cream is useful for making sure you don't miss spots. But, it is good to hear that tights work for you.

SunshineEmma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2018, 6:08 am

BTDT wrote:
Shaving cream is useful for making sure you don't miss spots. But, it is good to hear that tights work for you.

I'm quite happy about it :) I will have to shave my legs soon though :(

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 7:00 am

I find it easier to shave my knees if I bend them.

SunshineEmma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2018, 7:24 am

BTDT wrote:
I find it easier to shave my knees if I bend them.

That sounds like a good idea, I might try that as well :) It might help me.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 11:19 am

both.

feels amazing.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 3:08 pm

I always found shaving my legs a hassle, I'd miss bits, I'd cut myself, I'd get cold standing in the shower all wet, I

could never get the hang of it. About a year ago I read a comment by a woman who said she used a men's electric

shaver and that it was so much better than ladyshavers and I decided to try it and it is really good and so much

easier and better made and no cuts. I just do it dry whenever I feel like it, no hassle :D

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 3:34 pm

Have you tried alternative methods of hair removal like epilation cream? Veet is the only brand I can think of.

I use an electric epilator, which hurts like mad the first time, but it's ok if you do it once a week and it's cheaper than waxing.

I hate thin tights, but love thick black tights.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 9:00 pm

Which ever you are more comfortable with, neither being an option as well.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 2:00 am

I shave my legs, not all the time. When I do shave, I shave to my knees too, I don’t like shaving too much, but I hate my hairy legs, I have thick hair. I have an electric shaver.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2018, 3:25 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
both.

feels amazing.

^^^^

that wonderful feel of pulling tights/leggings (or skinny jeans!) over freshly-shaved legs..... mmmm :heart: