Page 1 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 6:38 pm

Senate probing new allegation of misconduct against Kavanaugh - Supreme Court Nominee has been asked privately about an accusation of physical assault, sources tell NBC News.

Quote:
The Senate Judiciary Committee is inquiring about at least one additional allegation of misconduct against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, according to a letter obtained by NBC News and multiple people familiar with the process.

Republican Senate investigators asked Kavanaugh about the new complaint, NBC News has learned, during a phone call on Tuesday between Kavanaugh and committee staff. Sources told NBC News that Kavanaugh denied the allegation in the letter during the call and a spokesman for the committee declined to comment.

A Republican aide on the committee saAccording to an anonymous complaint sent to Republican Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado, Kavanaugh physically assaulted a woman he socialized with in the Washington, D.C., area in 1998 while he was inebriated.

The sender of the complaint described an evening involving her own daughter, Kavanaugh and several friends in 1998.

“When they left the bar (under the influence of alcohol) they were all shocked when Brett Kavanaugh, shoved her friend up against the wall very aggressively and sexually.”

“There were at least four witnesses including my daughter.”

The writer of the letter provided no names but said the alleged victim was still traumatized and had decided to remain anonymous herself.

Judge Brett Kavanaugh speaks during his US Senate Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing to be an Associate Justice on the US Supreme Court, on Capitol Hill in Washington Sept. 4, 2018. Saul Loeb / AFP - Getty Images file

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 6:43 pm

LOCK HIM UP!! !

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 6:48 pm

To be fair, should be "alleged victim". However:

may ultimately become

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 7:02 pm

We are not "ruining his life" by telling him he can't do this free of consequences. He already ruined plenty of lives including his own. He asked for a public office ergo he asked for EXACTLY THIS.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 7:12 pm

cberg wrote:
We are not "ruining his life" by telling him he can't do this free of consequences. He already ruined plenty of lives including his own. He asked for a public office ergo he asked for EXACTLY THIS.

He has got to be reconsidering that corner office at Pepperdine or Stanford right about now.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 7:16 pm

This. I'm letting the URL show because the article's title is important. Edit in: well, crapola, the full URL shows in draft but not in display. OK, the title is: The Men Who Hurt Their Careers By Hurting Women... Aren't The Victims.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-men-w ... he-victims

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 9:10 pm

I am steeling myself against the barrage of victim blaming which has already started.

No-one can possibly know the utter horror of gang-rape unless they have been through it, (I have) and the lifetime of trying to get well and recover from the depths of despair. There is almost no chance of reporting it at the time - (of course there may be people who have been able to, I haven't heard of any) - but I think I was almost in my fifties before I even began to be able to recover. I in no way led a 'normal' life after that event, and spent a great deal of time deep in alcoholism and drug addiction. (I stopped drinking and drugging 29 years ago).

I think the woman who has put herself forward is incredibly brave - and my concern is that she will be torn to pieces by the people with the republican agenda. I hope with all my heart that she has guardian angels (people or spiritual) that will be with her and support her.

I don't usually speak up about such matters but my time on WP although short has been a time of finding refuge and finding my Aspie self.

AQ 40
ASD-1

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 9:32 pm

Oh dear God, I'm so sorry. But glad that you found a way through and found your way here.

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 10:01 pm

Thank you Esmerelda. I have a butterfly tattoo as a celebration of my survival.

AQ 40
ASD-1

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 10:29 pm

feeli0 wrote:
I am steeling myself against the barrage of victim blaming which has already started.

No-one can possibly know the utter horror of gang-rape unless they have been through it, (I have) and the lifetime of trying to get well and recover from the depths of despair. There is almost no chance of reporting it at the time - (of course there may be people who have been able to, I haven't heard of any) - but I think I was almost in my fifties before I even began to be able to recover. I in no way led a 'normal' life after that event, and spent a great deal of time deep in alcoholism and drug addiction. (I stopped drinking and drugging 29 years ago).

I think the woman who has put herself forward is incredibly brave - and my concern is that she will be torn to pieces by the people with the republican agenda. I hope with all my heart that she has guardian angels (people or spiritual) that will be with her and support her.

I don't usually speak up about such matters but my time on WP although short has been a time of finding refuge and finding my Aspie self.

Solidarity and tears for you my sweet friend. You know I faced similar and it is a long journey but we can walk it together.
Bless you and everyone affected in this tragedy.

Isabella XO

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 10:45 pm

@feeli0:

Wishing you a warm hug, or a warm blanket (weighted or not as you like), a cozy chair, a mug of coffee, tea, or cocoa.

And all the butterflies imaginable.

Butterfly lantana

@isabella: oh dear. I'm so sorry, again. :cry:

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2018, 8:35 pm

He raped me in a past life. Should I come forward? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I hope you #metoo feminazis are happy. All this false accusing is gonna backfire on you. Your movement is beginning to lose credibility. If you think guilty until proven innocent makes sense then move to China or Iran.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 8:52 pm

Heat844 wrote:

I hope you #metoo feminazis are happy. All this false accusing is gonna backfire on you. Your movement is beginning to lose credibility. If you think guilty until proven innocent makes sense then move to China or Iran.

That sure explains why women are picking up steam and kicking men’s asses at the polls. The men during the age of the Suffrage movement viewed those women in a vilifying light as well, those women were ripped on and spit out at the time before they won what they were after and history tells a very different story about them now. It’s history - it’s change - it’s progress, I get it - some are unnerved by it, always are - but history keeps going forward no matter who is in the white house (even if in some cases, like today it’s in spite of them).

Personally, I’m confident enough that strong women don’t intimidate me - if anything it makes me like them more.

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2018, 9:00 pm

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Heat844 wrote:

That sure explains why women are picking up steam and kicking men’s asses at the polls. The men during the age of the Suffrage movement viewed those women in a vilifying light as well, those women were ripped on and spit out at the time before they won what they were after and history tells a very different story about them now.

Personally, I’m confident enough that strong women don’t intimidate me - if anything it makes me like them more.
So if your not part of the #metoo movement you're not a strong woman? :?

I prefer strong woman. I hate damsels and other subjugative woman. I'm half Italian and my grandmother and great-aunts were in charge of their households back in the day.

Last edited by Heat844 on 30 Sep 2018, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 9:01 pm

Heat844 wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Heat844 wrote:

That sure explains why women are picking up steam and kicking men’s asses at the polls. The men during the age of the Suffrage movement viewed those women in a vilifying light as well, those women were ripped on and spit out at the time before they won what they were after and history tells a very different story about them now.

So if your not part of the #metoo movement you're not a strong woman? :?

I prefer strong woman. I hate damsels. I'm half Italian and my grandmother and great-aunts were in charge of their households back in the day.

Never stated the first. But the term “feminazi” says all that it needs to say. That term is thrown around at women fighting for anything and I’ve often found similarities among men who connect the two.

Last edited by Spooky_Mulder on 30 Sep 2018, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 9:04 pm

“In charge of their households.”

So, what’s your view on working women and women who are fighting for equal pay?

And

What’s your view on other women fighting to stop sexual harassment?

Is a woman’s place in a workplace fighting to become a CEO or is at home raising the kids or can it be both?