Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2018, 7:10 pm

It just occurred to me--the frog gets killed if it jumps in the water. Its a FROG FSS. It should be just fine in the water!

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 8:11 pm

:lmao:
Frogger was one of the first computer games I played, and programmed a version of; and I never spotted that!

Maybe a frog's breathing works differently when it grows to the size of a car?...

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 10:43 pm

Well, think about it: It would make even less sense to have the frog jumping on logs and such that are simply floating above an endless abyss or the Grand Canyon or something.

I guess they could have used a river of acid or something... but then how are those other animals in there?

It's funny though, how videogame characters in general just sort of have this total inability to swim. Like, they can handle falls from incredible heights and fireballs to the face, but if they so much as put a toe in the water they just get sucked in by a mysterious force and drown.

Except Mario. He always just said "screw the rules", could breathe underwater and even throw fireballs at fish. Just because he bloody well felt like it.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2018, 9:25 am

LOL frogs do most of their respiration through the skin and it has to be wet to work their lungs are small and primitave.

RESleight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2018, 9:35 am

It's possible that upon jumping into the water, Frogger was nailed by a predatory fish.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2018, 10:03 am

don't try to make logical sense of video games

you'll enjoy them much more that way

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 10:30 am

Actually it could make sense.

First of all, frogs do need water, but they also need to get out of water, or they can actually drown.

Second, the water could be poisoned/polluted. Frogs and other amphibians are very sensitive to pollutants (like acid rain), and would be the first to suffer the consequences.

Although he seems to drown/ get poisoned very quickly, maybe time moves differently in Froggerland?

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2018, 11:47 am

Skilpadde wrote:
Actually it could make sense.

First of all, frogs do need water, but they also need to get out of water, or they can actually drown.

Second, the water could be poisoned/polluted. Frogs and other amphibians are very sensitive to pollutants (like acid rain), and would be the first to suffer the consequences.

Although he seems to drown/ get poisoned very quickly, maybe time moves differently in Froggerland?

The only explanation that does make sense is the water being full of snakes or parrianas or something like that.

Yes, they have lungs. But they do do most of their respiration through the dermis, and they are like reptiles in having a cold blooded body. They can survive for a long time without breathing. Well, a long time by bird/mammal standards.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 8:58 am

That's what I always assumed, that Frogger just gets eaten if he falls in.

In Frogger II: Threedeep, there's an underwater portion.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 11:32 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
That's what I always assumed, that Frogger just gets eaten if he falls in.

In Frogger II: Threedeep, there's an underwater portion.

And then the bit where you have to go into the freaking sky and touch a cloud by jumping onto lots of birds and blimps.

I'd say the first game makes sense indeed, compared to that.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2018, 11:54 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
don't try to make logical sense of video games

you'll enjoy them much more that way

In Burger Time, you play a chef making gigantic burgers who is being chased down by psycho killer sausages, fried eggs, and hamburger cut sour pickles, also giant sized (as big as him). And he can stun them by shaking pepper on them. So yeah, I hear you.