Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 3:24 pm

Kind of reminds me of the Simpsons episode Homer's Enemy.

In all honesty, I've asked myself the same question about various acquaintances hundred nay thousands of times and am yet to come up with any rational answer. I suppose he has money, or flash clothes, or a fast car, or is related to the boss... Something like that

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 4:52 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:

In all honesty, I've asked myself the same question about various acquaintances hundred nay thousands of times and am yet to come up with any rational answer. I suppose he has money, or flash clothes, or a fast car, or is related to the boss... Something like that

That was such a funny episode and it was awful how the guy died in the end and Homer even stole the spotlight from his own funeral. :lol:

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 5:28 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

That was such a funny episode and it was awful how the guy died in the end and Homer even stole the spotlight from his own funeral. :lol:

Yes, it's one of my favourites, too. Grimey is my favourite one-time character; I see so much of myself in him.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 5:43 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

Yes, it's one of my favourites, too. Grimey is my favourite one-time character; I see so much of myself in him.

And he made a very good point too. How the heck can Homer and his family afford to live in a big suburban house when they are so poor? They should be living in a trailer park or a smaller house like everyone in my family does. :lol:

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 7:05 pm

Just had a lovely conversation with him.

Me: "Please chew with your mouth closed."
Him: "I'm not chewing anything."
Me: "Yes you are. You sit right next to me, I can hear it!"
Him: "I have a piece of chocolate sitting on my tongue. I'm smacking my lips, but not chewing anything, ergo you can't hear me chewing."
Me: "Whatever it is, please stop."
Him: "I suggest putting on some headphones."
Me: "Could you please for once in your life be considerate to the people who are forced to be around you for eight hours a day?"
Him: "Sir, that is rude. If you say one more word, I'm going to report you."

UUUGGGHHHH

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 7:31 pm

^^^could be that this is the reason everyone is nice with him. It is well possible that they pretend to be his best friend so that he does not poison their work-life. I have seen that and NT can pretend particularly well. Personally, with someone like this, I would also put on my headphones, shed up and pretend i'm his friend.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2018, 10:12 pm

"And when it comes to eating smelly things (or stuff he considers smelly)? The response would be: Take a bite. Get up, VERY SLOWLY, get real close.... and chew slowly. Breathe at him alot. And then sit down and go back to eating."

Three people might smell the same thing.

One could say it is fragrant

One does not smell anything

One says it is "smelly".

:lol:

Some precious lil "person" on the bus was so arrogant as to tell me "that s**t stank".

(Daikon radish)

I didn't smell it and that ass hole claimed it "stank"? Possible? Yes. Happening? Usually not

He had such a big ego that he truly believed that he had a moral right never to have to deal with anything he didn't :evil: like :roll:

Entitled

It would have only taken one minute, but he had to flap his trap.

Chinese daikon

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 6:57 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

And he made a very good point too. How the heck can Homer and his family afford to live in a big suburban house when they are so poor? They should be living in a trailer park or a smaller house like everyone in my family does. :lol:

"Don't ask ME how the economy works."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 3:20 pm

I remember there was somebody like that at my old job too. She had a sloppy sort of way about her posture, and wasn't even that attractive either. She never spoke to some people but always spoke to others. I was one of those she didn't speak to, of course. :roll: I didn't like her rudeness. I'd hold open a door for her and she'd never say thank you. I'd say hello or good morning and she'd never reply. But she'd speak nicely to others, and everybody she spoke to liked her, while everybody who she didn't speak to didn't like her. But everybody who she did speak to always sided with her if I said how rude she can be, they just things like "oh that's just her way" or "maybe she's having a bad day". No, that was not it at all, but the people she spoke to couldn't see the rude side of her.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 7:00 pm

You have some nasty people....and some nice people. Most people are probably in the "somewhat nice" category.

I like people because they can be interesting.