Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SunshineEmma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2018, 2:40 am

y-pod wrote:
Any of you gals underweight or exercise a lot? Generally speaking girls need to have normal range BMI to maintain regular ovulation / periods. You might think it doesn't matter if you don't want children, But the years not ovulating can add up. Progesterone protect us from bone loss, mood disorder and some other things. It would be best to have your hormones checked.

I had mine checked not so long ago, everything was fine and they're still so random :( It really affects my mood sometimes as well :cry:

Astridlora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2018, 4:16 pm

So are mine SunshineEmma, you don't need to worry. I think it's just one of those things. I try to keep track of mine with apps and a diary but usually they just come and go whenever, probably because of the Aspergers Syndrome. Periods are very inconvenient and can be painful for me sometimes.

I hope you don't get too upset about it SunshineEmma. It's a bit rubbish but at least you know we all go through the same thing. You are not alone :) .

questor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 2:21 am

For most of my adult life my periods were very infrequent. Then, about 15 years ago they started to come more frequently, and with increased blood, but it still was withing normal range for a while. However, the frequency and flow kept gradually increasing, untill I needed to wear incontinence pads, and then incontinence underwear. I finallly got mediclal coverage, and had an ultrasound. A D&C was recommended, but I was moving out of state just a few days later, so I had to put it off. Once in my new home, it took 45 days to qualify for temporary Medicaid, and then I had the D&C on Halloween. A week later I was heading out to vote when the doc called. They had done a biopsy on the stuff they took out during the DNC and found cancer. Had everything out about a month later. Been cancer free for over 13 years now, and don't miss the equipment. Never wanted kids or a husband/boyfriend, so never had any. I also hated having periods, so now I don't have to deal with all of that. Would have gone thru menopause by now anyway.

If you are concerned about the non typical timing of your periods have it checked out by a doc. There may be nothing wrong, or it could be something easy to fix. Sometimes too much dieting, or too much exercise can throw off the time intervals of periods. So can stress, so have it checked out.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2018, 7:58 pm

Yes, mine are irregular as well. I can go anywhere from 3 weeks to 4 months or more between periods. I've mentioned it to my doctor, and she and I both agree that since everything except for the timing seems completely normal about my periods (no excessive pain or very heavy bleeding or anything like that), and because they never have been regular, that testing isn't necessary, it's probably just the way my body is.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"