Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 2:14 am

Excellent episode tonight and may be one of the show’s best.

Anyone else watch it?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 5:30 am

I thought this was going to be about the movie :oops:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 7:50 am

Nah I hate that show lol

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 12:47 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I thought this was going to be about the movie :oops:

You're not the only one who thought that.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 9:42 am

I haven't seen the original, but Christopher Walken brandishing a Tommy gun is always a win in my book.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 10:34 pm

Don't see how the show is back. Ratings are ratings whether you agree with the politics or not.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 10:50 pm

thewrll wrote:
Don't see how the show is back. Ratings are ratings whether you agree with the politics or not.

Probably just trying to tap into the Trump fan club.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 12:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
thewrll wrote:

Probably just trying to tap into the Trump fan club.

The irony there is it’s a mostly liberal writing and creative staff. I relate alot with Ryan and think they delivered some really great points with his storyline in the episode -

(1) It’s not cool fleeing to Canada since it can also tear a family apart due to needing to leave them behind. That never registered.

(2) Since the news can be an everyday nightmare, for your own sanity - take a break from it. For Ryan it was the news, for me twitter (psychological health noticeably improved the second I quit that similar addiction months ago).

Ratings-wise it did very well:

“Last Man Standing” averaged a 1.8 rating in adults 18-49 and 8 million viewers, airing at 8 p.m. By comparison, the Season 6 premiere on ABC drew a 1.1 rating and 6 million viewers, while that season as a whole averaged a 1.2 rating and 6.4 million viewers. In fact, the last time the series drew over 8 million viewers was back in its fourth season, and the last time it drew a 1.8 rating or better was in Season 2. It was also Fox’s most watched comedy on any night in nearly seven years, excluding NFL nights, and was by far the top-rated show of Friday night.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/last-m ... 202962065/

Reason for cancellation:

"A large part of these jobs are managing failure, and we have made the tough calls and canceled shows that we would otherwise love to stay on the air. That’s the job. I canceled Last Man Standing for the same business and scheduling reasons that I canceled Dr. Ken, The Real O'Neals, The Catch and American Crime," ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey told reporters Tuesday ahead of her upfront presentation to advertisers. "Last Man Standing was a challenging one for me because it was a steady performer in the ratings, but once we made the decision not to continue with comedies on Fridays, that was where we landed."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ds-1004414

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 12:15 am

It had low ratings. There are so many shows I would much rather have return than anything Tim Allen is involved in. The Librarians should have been brought back and not this show.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 12:25 am

thewrll wrote:
It had low ratings. There are so many shows I would much rather have return than anything Tim Allen is involved in. The Librarians should have been brought back and not this show.

It was the second highest rated comedy on ABC.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/5/12/1 ... -tim-allen

The return episode was the highest rated comedy on Fox in 7 years.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/last-m ... 202962065/

That isn’t how the definition of “low” works.