Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 10:05 am

hello. i am new on this forum, and in autistic community.
i am 30 years old, and have lived in a strictly NT community, so i have some sort of compensatory mechanism developed, but also it had sort of malfunctioned. i am aspergerian, i have several other issues picked up along the way. maybe i am not aware of some. i am trying to figure out how to function socially after a freshly occured trauma, that damaged my NT mimicking, leading me to think, that, maybe, i really should not do that in the first place. it feels self destructive in the retrospective, but it is all i know. i am looking for a way to identify myself.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 10:21 am

Greetings serpentari, you need not feel bad for whatever measures you have to take to so-called fit into the world so to speak. I hope during your tenure here, that not only do you find information & advice helpful to you pertaining to a whole host of scenarios and social environments but, make friends in the course of that too.

Once again, welcome aboard.
kazanscube

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 3:17 pm

thank you. reading other asperger people talking is... like reading in my mothertongue i never knew, after a lifelong of reading in a learned-by-trial language, that was not mine.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 4:04 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 3:11 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 3:11 pm

Welcome serpentari!

I'm your friendly neighborhood (tad bit silly) guardian gatekeeper :D

The best thing is to find people who accept you for who you really are. Who you can be your true self with. Wearing a mask has a negative effect on you in the end. It isn't healthy. Good luck!

Enjoy the forum!

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 4:43 pm

thank you. i have found such people, they are NT and doing everything they can to make me feel better. but well, acceptance and understanding are different things. i perfectly had learned the hard way, how unhealthy a mask is. and reducing my contacts to several people, who can handle me unfiltered, would be a sub-optimal solution, too.