Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 2:28 pm

I'm feeling better mentally than I did, though I'm by no means Mr Happy.

I kept a food diary and noted my reaction physically and mentally to everything I ate and eventually I realised there's virtually nothing I can eat without a negative bodily reaction.

So I researched and decided to follow the GAPS diet. I'm on Stage 1 where you eat nothing but chicken, chicken bone broth, vegetables and cooking oils.

I've been following it strictly for 6 days now and my mental health is the best it has been in a long time. On the other hand I feel physically held back. I used to walk 5-8 miles a day and now I sometimes don't go for a walk at all.

My guitar practice is not getting very far either, my muscles feel achy all the time. But before I went on this GAPS diet I tried eating an ordinary diet most people have, and felt even worse. Then I tried eating just rice and quinoa as well as what I'm having now (the most tolerable carbs for people with stomach issues) and I was feeling sleepy and unmotivated all the time.

I hope I get more physical strength soon. Does anyone have any suggestions for anything I can do?