GOP Senator Jeff Flake: ‘We Can’t Have That on the Court’

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 3:12 pm

It's unclear from this whether Flake will actually vote against Kavanaugh, but it's a promising development.

Jeff Flake: ‘We Can’t Have That on the Court’ - The Arizona senator called Brett Kavanaugh’s interactions with lawmakers at a hearing last week “sharp and partisan.”

Quote:
As the Senate awaits the results of the FBI investigation into the Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Jeff Flake, one of the lawmakers who spurred the inquiry, criticized the judge Tuesday for his recent appearance in the upper chamber.

Speaking with Jeffrey Rosen, the president of the National Constitution Center, and Democratic Senator Chris Coons at The Atlantic Festival on Tuesday morning, Flake called the judge’s interactions with lawmakers “sharp and partisan.”

“We can’t have that on the Court,” said the Arizona senator, who didn’t elaborate on which interactions he was referring to...

I caught up with Flake briefly as he left the event, and asked if this meant he would not vote to confirm Kavanaugh, even if the FBI cleared him by week’s end. He appeared rattled, and his handlers rushed him into the stairwell. “I didn’t say that …” he stammered. “I wasn’t referring to him.”

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 4:16 pm

Looks like the article misquoted him ...

“I didn’t say that …” he stammered. “I wasn’t referring to him.”

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 4:30 pm

"Doctor Freud, your slip is showing!"

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 1:21 am

I looked him up to see if he was another one that's been a senator since the nixon administration.