Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 7:05 am

Enroll him in a very practical martial arts course. It'll increase his confidence, and once he becomes a bit proficient the bullies will give up and look for easier targets. It worked for my skinny, nerdy, unsocial son.

And as Kraftiekortie said, keep encouraging his intellectual pursuits.

Last edited by Benjamin the Donkey on 03 Oct 2018, 7:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 7:07 am

I enjoy Egyptian history....the Pharaohs and all that.

Always tell him he’s a good person. Not being good at football doesn’t make him a bad person. Some people are good at some things. Others are good at other things. All deserve respect.

Shymaa mmm
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Oct 2018, 9:39 am

Yes he is studying Quran,
I do encourage him ,
There's no such clubs in his school,
I hope I can make him know the difference between jokes and other subjects because he can't know he always feel like others want abuse him, I hope he be strong and confidence.
If only I could know what kind of hobbies or sports games he can join??
I tried to bush him to do krata but he couldn't complete the class , I tried to make him swim also but he didn't obey his trainers
He also sometimes disobey his teachers

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 10:06 am

He seems like he's an independently-minded little boy. Kids can be like that sometimes.

As long as he doesn't hit or abuse other people, then I think he's okay. It's part of growing up to be disobedient sometimes. You have to strongly encourage him to respect other people, though. And to respect you, since you are his mother.

Does he not like swimming? Maybe you could get him into something he likes, so he'll want to obey the teacher.

eikonabridge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 11:24 am

Shymaa mmm wrote:
I am afraid that homeschooling would make him away from life experiences ??

Not really. Many of the most successful autistic children are homeschooled.

Jacob Barnett: https://www.pearsonhomeschool.com/index.cfm?locator=PS1r8e&elementType=news&elementId=255061

Jori Fleming: https://www.postandcourier.com/health/usc-student-diagnosed-with-autism-wins-coveted-rhodes-scholarship/article_59633126-b01c-11e6-adcd-7fbb0f9061bd.html

eikonabridge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 11:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish Face of Boo was here right now. He knows Arabic.

What surprises me is the absence of Japanese natives on WrongPlanet.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 11:37 am

نحن نحاول إيجاد طرق لمساعدتك. لا تقلق. لدينا العديد من الأشخاص الذين يريدون التحدث معك. إنهم يفهمون أن اللغة الإنجليزية ليست لغتك المفضلة. أتمنى أن تكون الكتابة باللغة العربية أسهل بالنسبة لك. ولكننا سنشارك المعلومات التي يمكننا مساعدتها.

أخبر ابنك أن العديد من الناس في أمريكا والدول الأخرى يشعرون بالقلق تجاهه ويريدون مساعدته. إذا كان لديه أسئلة ، فقد نتمكن من ترجمة رسائلك لنا وله أيضًا.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 11:44 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
Enroll him in a very practical martial arts course. It'll increase his confidence, and once he becomes a bit proficient the bullies will give up and look for easier targets. It worked for my skinny, nerdy, unsocial son.

And as Kraftiekortie said, keep encouraging his intellectual pursuits.

أنا أيضا ، تدرس فنون الدفاع عن النفس (التايكواندو) عندما كنت ابن ابنك. لقد ساعدني على التحدث بشكل أفضل والتحدث مع الآخرين. قبل ذلك ، كنت أبكم. معرفة شيء خاص قد يساعد ابنك على المزيد من الثقة. ليس للقتال ، ولكن لمجرد معرفة المواهب.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Shymaa mmm
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Oct 2018, 12:05 pm

Hmmm!
Guys i don't know how can I mentione who replied me but I read all of the replies
For Arabic language it would be more comfortable so if i can't reply in English I would ask for some arbice help.
My son like to swim but he dislike to practice I would think seriously about home schooling

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 2:47 pm

Shymaa mmm wrote:
Please don't be sorry!
I talked to his teachers again and again but useless ,
Yes homeschooling is certified in my country,
Thanks for the links u sent ,
I am afraid that homeschooling would make him away from life experiences ??

I have a child who's 6 years old now, and if she would attempt suicide I'd be extremely worried, so I can empathise.

And homeschooling wouldn't necessarily take away life experiences from him, especially if you'd enrol him to some safer places, like a religious group twice per week? Or some sports group? Depending on what interests him. In the US and many other countries many children are being homeschooled precisely because of such problems. If done properly he can excel and be even better than he was in the regular school, since he'll be in a safer environment. Stressed children can't study properly, if he manages to have good grades despite the bullying means he's obviously intelligent and interested in learning. There are many home-schooling curricula to be bought, or you could create your own, depending on what interests him the most.

I mean, if he tried suicide, it's potentially dangerous for his wellbeing to stay there, since it might happen again.

Regarding social skills, he needs someone to guide him through the social protocol, to show him how to talk to the others, how to join the group, how to wait his turn when speaking, how to manage stress, his emotions etc.

Here is "Launch Egypt" - homeschooling project for Egypt, who also have services for children with Apergers:

http://www.launchegypt.org/about/
http://www.launchegypt.org/home-schooling-programme/

And stories from those who already tried it:
https://edgeryders.eu/t/a-homeschooling ... egypt/6657
https://www.facebook.com/HomeSchoolingInEgypt/

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 3:09 pm

I think any activity in which he's good (or might get better at) will make him feel better of himself, physical activity especially, but it could be anything. You could just follow his interests and see what he likes the most. There are many books to be bought on any subject, and he can make lots of things at home. I'm contemplating buying a planetarium kit (for making the model of the solar system) for my daughter for example, since she likes to work with her hands.

I'm not quite sure what a 10 year boy would like though - science? computers?

Also, they say that reading good literature helps with developing the theory of mind, that is to be able to understand others. Also, watching movies and explaining what's happening. Or role playing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 7:44 pm

Yep....that's another question:

What DOES he like?

Shymaa mmm
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Oct 2018, 1:33 am

Wow! Thank you booyakasha for answering in details may God bless you and your family
Will I can't know what exactly he likes to do
He interstated in science, space and solar system ,Art work, hand crafts, music, football, kick boxing.... So many things but he is this kind of boring kids( he hate long term work ) plus he didn't usually respond, trainers have to call his name again and again ,its not easy to direct him so they always complain about his disobey,
When I ask him ; why u don't listen to ur teacher? he said " I will do next time "
So I should find a professional therapist to direct me.

Last night I was thinking about taking him out of that school.

eikonabridge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 4:09 am

Booyakasha wrote:
I'm not quite sure what a 10 year boy would like though - science? computers?

A few things that my children do:

- LEGO (including Mindstorms robotics, and stop-motion video making). My kids have taken plenty of LEGO classes. (There are also LEGO clubs out there in major cities.)
- Science after-school classes
- Snap circuits
- Arts/Crafts/Musical Instruments: after-school programs, public library events
- Computer programming: Python, HTML web design, etc.
- Chess
- Swimming, kickscooters, badminton
- Reading books that they like
- Drawing

If parents have multi-media editing skills, that really helps a lot. For instance, I share my son's inventions with his school teachers, and the teachers can ask him to write essays about his inventions. It's always rewarding for children to see their creations made into more formalized video clips.

Shymaa mmm
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Oct 2018, 11:25 am

Yes that's wright ekonabridge we already have some Lego boxes but robotics course is Expensive
There is no after school classes in my country :D
Now my big problem is how he feels he is very depressed and looks so sad I am afraid he thinks to hurt himself again :(
I should found a professional therapist as soon as possible
I wish I could see him play and joy with his friends
I can't wait to the day when he comes and say "mum I want to surprise my close friend "

My son problem started when he was 4 years when i noticed that he couldnt play with other kids and even the other kids refuse to play with him even kids from another nationalties
And there's also school problems which started when he was 4
The teacher wear very aggressive with him even foreigners teachers

(we spent 2 years in India and 2 years in Uganda)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 12:01 pm

You must have had an interesting life!

The thing that's most important, to me, is that he knows that you love him, and respect him.

Don't get mad at him because he wants to be alone with his books, rather than out playing.

From what you said, he likes sports. He can, easily, make friends by discussing something like English Premiership Football with somebody. The English Premiership is popular throughout the world.