Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 9:44 am

b9 wrote:
no need to be so dour.
it seems you are defensive to a degree that is inordinate.
i agree that despoiling a child is an unconscionable offense, but if you are not in the league of people that could be suspected, then why are you so defensive ?

do you have some sort of chip on your shoulder?

Maybe the fact that I was accused of being one when I clearly am not has made me very bitter?

You obviously don't understand what kind of damage that can do to a man's life just for being accused when there is no actual proof.

Like I said before it really is like a witchhunt in this country.

And I'm not defending pedophilia. In my opinion any man (or woman) who actually molests a child deserves to be locked away forever. But I also don't think it is fair to ruin a person's life just because of a false accusation.

I'm damn lucky that my life was not ruined by somebody accusing me just because I'm gay and I like to hide in my room all the time because of my Aspergers.

Seriously people suck.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 12:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
Okay, then ... pedophiles ... and people who act like pedophiles.

Better?

All kinds of people have been falsely accused of child molestation. Are you aware of the "Satanic Ritual Abuse" scare of the 1980's?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 12:31 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I was accused by a neighbor of ours whose daughter was a friend of my little sister (this was when I was about 15 and my sister was about 8 ) She told people around the neighborhood that she thought I was a pedophile simply because of the fact that whenever she and her daughter came over to our house I always stayed in my bedroom because I was antisocial (I have Aspergers so duhhhh). She thought that made me "weird" and that I was trying to hide something about myself.

So yeah apparently even ignoring children can get you labeled as a pedophile. Seriously I ****ing hate people like her. :roll:

Yikes!

Actual child sex abuse is a serious matter. Alas, periodically since the late 1970's, attempts to do something about child sex abuse have turned into out-of-control witchhunts -- and too many people refuse even to acknowledge the latter as a problem.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 6:14 pm

I like what Mona said.

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Nov 2018, 6:36 pm

I've been called a lot of things over the years, all out of the blue and with no truth behind it.
It usually happens when they'd rather just throw an insult my way instead of arguing against some point I had.
Misogynist, emo future school shooter, and yes, "you sound like a pedo" because I argued against witch hunts.
God, people are dumb. Or maybe I'm dumb for making the mistake of even bothering with what is basically an angry unthinking mob out for blood every time. I should really stop doing that. Minds are rarely changed anyway.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 4:47 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
b9 wrote:
you did not do yourself any service by saying what you did.
i now believe you may be guilty.
sorry about that. i do not think you you have ever touched a kid, but i believe that you may fantasize about it.
you are too touchy and that indicates secret guilt.

So, if you speak up against witchhunts, you must be a witch, or at least a wannabe witch? The attitude you've just now expressed is, itself, one of the mechanisms of out-of-control witchhunts. The reason they are out of control is because too many people are afraid to speak up lest they too be accused.

We need more people with the courage to speak out against witchhunts within their own communities.

Anyhow, could you please not speculate publicly about people's private sexual fantasies? What matters is what people DO, not what they fantasize. Lots of people fantasize about things they would never want to do (or have done to them) in real life. (For example, lots of people fantasize about being raped but would certainly not want to be raped in real life. Also, lots of men are attracted to teenage girls but manage to refrain from doing anything inappropriate.) Speculating about people's fantasies serves no purpose but to cause them needless embarrassment.

yes i will not do that again. i said i did not think he ever touched a child, but it seemed he was too touchy defending himself against allegations that i do not believe ever happened.

i really do not care.

dan_aspie
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2018, 2:39 am

Someone insinuated that I was on a pedo on Facebook a few years ago. So I struck back by making a comment about his not having both legs. He didn't take it well, but hey if you can't take it, don't dish it.

To be fair, my comment was justified. No one insinuates such filthy lies about me and gets away with it! Also his lack of two legs is his fault; you can't take epilepsy medication and alcohol and expect to survive stumbling about a train-yard at night!

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 12:35 pm

Actual paedos (no sympathy there) and guys who flirt with young girls/guys, homosexuals because homophobia, guys who are interested in childish things (so glad I'm female for this reason), guys who are lanky and have beards and glasses and don't wash their hair enough and wear macs, guys who don't have girlfriends, homosexuals, and depending on what part of UK you're from, Celtic fans...*
(Not sure if it happens for other teams eg Chelsea fans or Man City fans etc. I do know if you take too much of an interest in Ancient Greece people assume it's because of the pederasty element)
It's generally a slur against men but I suspect most paedos are male. If a woman is a cougar (or actually a paedo, again no sympathy for that) she might risk being called it too but being a bit childish isn't seen as creepy in women and obviously women don't generally have greasy beards.
*Someone mentioned priests higher up the thread so maybe add to that male Catholics in general.