Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 8:08 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Also I don't know about you guys but I also have a huge permanent callous on my finger from biting myself whenever I get too anxious or stressed out. I knew another boy with autism who had the same things on his hands. Do any of you guys have that too?

I hope not. It's the behaviours of a toddler who doesn't even dares to whine because someone would hurt him even more again then. It looks strange if an adult shows such behaviour. It makes people stare on you and not accept you as being normal even if you are otherwise. You are an adult now and have to be strong. You have to be it in a way that nobody ever dares to hurt you. Stop this behaviour and get over your fears and become a man. :mrgreen:.

Nobody gets over all their fears (it wouldn't be healthy for them if they did). Most of them learn to hide them

better than we do with proper grown up manly behavours like alcoholism, drug addiction, bullying, self-abuse,

and violence ect.

Sorry about your callouses TW1ZTY, but I think you should look on them as war wounds in your fight against

anxiety. That's how I'm trying to see my OCD now that I know it's my way of coping with stress and anxiety

rather than a mental illness.

Haha yeah, it does feel like the typical way of "coping" with problems among adults is alchoholism, drugs, and taking your anger and frustration out on anybody weaker than you.

I thought biting myself was autism related but maybe it's my defense for dealing with stress? I have the kind of Mom who always shuts me down emotionally whenever I'm upset instead of trying to comfort me and make me feel better.

And she always demands to know "what's wrong with me" when I'm upset but she never actually makes me feel better. :roll:

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 9:03 am

Me Here wrote:
Isn't the Dominant Eye thing relevant? (ie we all have a dominant and other eye due to triangulation and how they "work"; look at the Dom Eye to be friendly and the other to not be.)

I just checked myself for this. On distances of few meters I spot the point between the eyes first. (upper end of the nose) This way I'm able to read the expression of both eyes at once and doing so I recognise the mood of the people and especially how they are towards me.
The opposite does the same and I know that he tries ti read my mind towards him to. It's the fastest way to recognise agression and aversion towards yourself because you recognise them within parts of seconds. For this try to do it in a good mood, be open and try to like him because he reads you and the way that you are towards him causes him to feel positive or negatve towards you.
Later once I talk to somebody I spot mostly the left eye (his right eye) but every 1-2 seconds I shortly check his other eye for a half of a second. That causes me not to stare in to one eye over a long time and looking more attentive because I check the other eye too. If I wan't to check his feelings about something that I have just said I shortly spot the point between the eyes again well knowing that he or she knows that I do check his or her feelings. I think this is what NT people normal do and also expect.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 9:31 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
I thought biting myself was autism related but maybe it's my defense for dealing with stress? I have the kind of Mom who always shuts me down emotionally whenever I'm upset instead of trying to comfort me and make me feel better.

I think she did also once you were small child if she wanted you to be quite. It was against your nature to be quite and you started to byte your fingers to do so and you got used to do so until today once you are unsure or anxiously. But it's a strange thing if an adult shows the behaviour of an anxious toddler among other adults. It drows attention to do so and this makes you feel even more uncomfortable because all people always stare on to you in such a strange way once to are near to them. Stop that!! ! Once you got over your childish behaviour all others will just accept you as normal guy among them.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 9:47 am

quite an extreme wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I think she did also once you were small child if she wanted you to be quite. It was against your nature to be quite and you started to byte your fingers to do so and you got used to do so until today once you are unsure or anxiously. But it's a strange thing if an adult shows the behaviour of an anxious toddler among other adults. It drows attention to do so and this makes you feel even more uncomfortable because all people always stare on to you in such a strange way once to are near to them. Stop that!! ! Once you got over your childish behaviour all others will just accept you as normal guy among them.

It's not like I do it in public I tend to do it in secret when nobody is watching.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 12:38 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
It's not like I do it in public I tend to do it in secret when nobody is watching.

Then I got it wrong. Sorry! :lol: There are guys who show such kind of behaviour near to other people.

Omokage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Oct 2018, 1:10 pm

My face is a very childish, very round face. I have a somewhat distinct face, that I can say.

I seem to have a blend of feminine and masculine face, but it's mostly feminine.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 11:36 pm

I've found that if you want to know which is your dominant eye, think about looking into a microscope or telescope. The eye you automatically go to use is your dominant eye.

I have red hair, freckles and glasses. These were not acceptable attributes when I was at school. I have never been called pretty or good-looking by anybody, even my family. I've only just started to like the colour of my hair.

I'm not sure about having the autism look about me but I do look younger than my age.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 12:36 am

I don't know.
I think I'm fairly attractive, but sometimes people have trouble telling whether I'm a grown woman or a handsome boy.

Once there were these teenage girls I didn't know who kept coming up to me to chat at this place where I played music. My friend had to explain to me that they thought I was a dude and were flirting with me. :lol: Poor things, they had the situation all misjudged.

Me Here
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2018, 3:25 pm

renaeden wrote:
I've found that if you want to know which is your dominant eye, think about looking into a microscope or telescope. The eye you automatically go to use is your dominant eye.

I have red hair, freckles and glasses. These were not acceptable attributes when I was at school. I have never been called pretty or good-looking by anybody, even my family. I've only just started to like the colour of my hair.

I'm not sure about having the autism look about me but I do look younger than my age.

Yes that is a simple way to find your one, better than pointing at something and closing each eye in turn to see when it moves, which is the non-Dom eye - but the trick is to find it in the person(s) we are talking to?

I used to have a shop selling jewelery and (mainly female) clothes, footwear and it is far from rocket science re what suits etc. Unfortunately women's mags and fashion are from a different universe thing. It is about colours, cuts and what you feel comfortable after having looked in the mirror.....

Even your phrase red hair is not a definite as there are aheds and various opinions.... WA is a fair way from Manchester in the (d)UK.

Me Here
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2018, 3:27 pm

Fern wrote:
I don't know.
I think I'm fairly attractive, but sometimes people have trouble telling whether I'm a grown woman or a handsome boy.

Once there were these teenage girls I didn't know who kept coming up to me to chat at this place where I played music. My friend had to explain to me that they thought I was a dude and were flirting with me. :lol: Poor things, they had the situation all misjudged.

Sounds good, but maybe you should have known\been told a bit earlier? :lol:

Me Here
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2018, 3:30 pm

I keep it very simple ie Black roll necks in winter with black trousers, and white linen shirts or bottle\navy burgundy tops with navy linen in summer, but then I am "into " boots Jo Ghost and usually leather jackets from Bolangero Trevor (sp?) who I get the coloured tops from.

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2018, 7:59 am

I THINK I'm moderatly attractive? I don't really know. Like without more feedback, I'm working off of guesses.