How would you react if suddenly you were the only living per

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 9:03 pm

It all depends why people have died.
Like, if there's some kind of contaminant in the environment, it would make sense to use bottled water/canned food, at least until you can set up working filtration etc.

In different situations you would do different things.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 9:03 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I think the problem with looting supplies like food and medicine in an apocalypse is that they all have an expiration date.

You may be able to fill your house up with a lifetime supply but what would you do when it all eventually goes bad? :P

I think it's best to learn to hunt and grow your own food. If you actually can't live without certain medications then I guess you're screwed. :skull:

It would certainly buy you time, in order to teach yourself life essential skills required to survive, assuming one doesn't already have these skills. In that situation, one would need to take great care in practicing safety first because a simple scrape is life threatening.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 9:12 pm

Here's some ways of surviving apocalyptic situations I thought about.

Everybody dies or mysteriously vanishes except you: Roam the world looting supplies and having fun until you can figure out how to hunt animals and grow your own food or use herbal medicine like people did in ancient times.

Nuclear War: You'd be pretty screwed because nobody could ever possibly survive that like they show on TV. But your best bet is to live the rest of your life in a good bomb shelter and stock it up with enough non-perishable foods to last you a lifetime.

Zombies taking over the world: First of all DON'T rely on guns like in the movies. That would be unrealistic in real life because bullets run out and it is actually hard to shoot somebody in the head from a distance. Your best defence is a long melee weapon like a baseball bat or crowbar to beat them off of you if they grab you. Also you need to find a good barricaded shelter to hide out in with plenty of food and supplies and a way of escaping should the zombies break in. Also remember that if you ever get bit you are as good as dead.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 10:37 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Here's some ways of surviving apocalyptic situations I thought about.

Nuclear War: You'd be pretty screwed because nobody could ever possibly survive that like they show on TV. But your best bet is to live the rest of your life in a good bomb shelter and stock it up with enough non-perishable foods to last you a lifetime.

There is a very good book that describes how to survive a nuclear war. It is called Nuclear War Survival Skills by Cresson Kearny. Here is a link Nuclear War Survival Skills