So did anyone see the new south park episode?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 2:04 am

Not sure how old it is exactly, but I just saw it on Hulu and well it was good...the last season kind of sucked, like I am not sure where they were going with it and it never had a real conclusion. So yeah I was not impressed with the last season. But I liked that newest episode, lol they addressed school shootings and how people are desensitized to them and it was great. I mean sure hit a little close to home since I...experienced one of those type of situations when I was in school...but it was a great episode. I mean I was still laughing but at the same time, sitting there like "OMG this is so true". And that is what I like southpark for, but not sure what the nonsense was last season...probably their worst season.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 11:08 pm

I didn't get the joke but then I realized school shootings is something we hear often now, it's become normal. It's like how car accidents happen all the time and we don't get distressed over it and upset. We just go "oh, another car accident" and move on. I remember whenever a school shooting would happen, my school would make a big deal about it. I bet they don't anymore.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 3:35 pm

I saw it too.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 6:08 pm

I actually did, because I was rained-in inside a motel room most of Wednesday, so I saw it live on satellite TV. It was an alright episode. I really liked the one before it, though, where Randy was writing his own musical.

Hadn't watched South Park in a while...or even Comedy Central, for that matter. Really weird how it's all marathon shows now. Wake up to a marathon of Futurama (yay), and after that they were showing That 70s Show (the shark-jump seasons).

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 9:17 pm

I mainly watch it and the Simpsons because religious right-wingers hate those shows.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Oct 2018, 4:36 am

I liked the ep & the 1st one of this season but there were things about about the next couple eps I didn't like. They made Mr. Hanky be a racist SOB & it looks like the show may of gotten rid of him for good. Now Randy is living & working on a farm & I don't know where that is going. I remember when SP mostly did stand alone eps & they didn't change things up much. Now they're getting rid of characters & changing others up.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 7:16 pm

nick007 wrote:
I liked the ep & the 1st one of this season but there were things about about the next couple eps I didn't like. They made Mr. Hanky be a racist SOB & it looks like the show may of gotten rid of him for good. Now Randy is living & working on a farm & I don't know where that is going. I remember when SP mostly did stand alone eps & they didn't change things up much. Now they're getting rid of characters & changing others up.

With SP possibly getting rid of Mr. Hankey, and the Simpsons possibly getting rid of Apu, I wonder what the fate of those shows will be?