Blasey Ford, Yes or No; Kavanaugh, Yes or No?

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 9:02 pm

I must've missed it, because I don't see, anywhere on this site, where people are asking:

Who do you think is lying?
Might they both be lying?
Might neither be lying?

Whaddya think?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 9:59 pm

I can't. We have had one thread on it and I've mentioned - as far as I can tell it's a black box. Can't guess, don't feel comfortable trying to fudge the middle of the two claims, etc.. If the FBI report is relatively conclusive one way or the other I'll go with that.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 10:24 pm

They are both bending the truth imo but still think he was a very naughty boy

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 11:05 pm

Typical frat boy stuff......

traven
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 1:25 am

sick...
political abuse of Delusions and the Madness of the Masses <<from there i know therapists can also make their patients believe things happened, retro-actively,
on another occasion dr ford explains how it was 'forgotten', it's in her job to refer to these prefabricated word-messages, not impressed at all
also it's the replay of what happened to clarence thomas

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 8:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Then frats need to go.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 9:27 am

AspE wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Then frats need to go.

I watched some extended news item on Tim Piazza who died as a result of hazing , Frats seem terrible

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 9:32 am

I can't believe Ford, because her memory is so poor.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 9:43 am

Kavanaugh's personal temperament alone is enough to disqualify him from the federal Supreme Court as an associate justice. His enjoyment of blending blatant partisanship with his government careers is constitutionally shocking and offensive.

It is, therefore, easier to accept the claims of several individuals in his past who he knew intimately and treated criminally.

The only good news about his probable confirmation is that his name will have a asterisk next to it not only for his lifetime, but for generations to come.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 9:53 am

She very well may be telling the truth. He very well may be lying.

I've read that some women who are sexually abused in childhood retain a childlike little girl voice into adulthood. I also think women can have a little girl voice even if they haven't been abused, but I'm certainly no expert on that.

I have to say that I was curious enough after watching her testimony and knowing that apparently she's been a professional individual including a university professor for many years, that I wanted to see ANY video of her talking in any capacity prior to this hearing. I wanted to see if she's always talked like that. I google and Youtube searched for about fifteen minutes. Nothing. I assumed there would be something out there. A recorded lecture or something. There's nothing.

As an aside, I know some women talk like that as their normal voice and with upward word endings. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 11:18 am

Lock Kavanaugh up and throw away the key!! LOCK HIM UP!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 12:02 pm

The question I assume is did he sexually assault her not if he was what what womens libbers used call a male chavanist pig which he surly was.

Back to the assault question I Don’t know. Too long ago, Probably too much alcohol by at least Kavanagh.

If bieng a male chavinist pig on some level back in the day is disqualifying, most middle aged men especially powerful ones should resign or be fired which is probably the goal.

You are the judge if that is a good thing. As for me #believewomen is an overcorrection to men being believed over women in most places in most times since probably there have been men and women. Those who say most teen boys and young men did not objectify women, say offensive s**t about them etc in the 70s and 80s or it was only the frat boys and athletes and that Trump’s remarks in the Hollywood Access tape was an anomoly was either was not there, are lying, or have erased their memories.

That all said two wrongs do not make a right.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 4:59 pm

I'm thinking they're both lying, to a certain extent. I think the incident she described actually happened to her, but I don't think he did it. I think he lied to the committee when he said there was never an occasion when he hadn't remembered what he did when he was drinking, because, then, later, in his testimony, he said he had to consult with someone the next day, about what had happened the night before----and, amazingly, that slipped right past the entire committee.

I agree with those who said her memory was too poor----there were just too many holes in her story, IMO. Yeah, I know different people remember different things, in regard to a traumatic event; but, c'mon, she didn't remember how she got there, or how she got home? Also, not only did the people she said were there, not corroborate her story, they said they weren't there, AT ALL----and, her close, life-long friend said she had never even met Brett Kavanaugh. Now, had it been a party with, like, 50 people, I'm thinking it could've been possible not to have met an attendee; but, not a party with 5 or 6 (or whatever it was).

Bottom line, for ME: In NO WAY was her accusation, PROVEN----not even close----so, I don't think one can keep a candidate from a job, based on what was presented. That being said, I wish he wouldn't get appointed, because I don't like the kind of person he seems to be. Yeah, anyone, probably, would be angry about being publicly accused of something (especially, if they didn't do it)----and yeah, maybe most would not be able to not lash-out----but I think he went too far with his BLATANT disrespect of the Dems on the committee. To ME, he came-across as a BRAT, who felt he was ENTITLED to the appointment.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 5:21 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
...think he was a very naughty boy

LOL I agree!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 5:24 pm

traven wrote:
...not impressed at all...

No, I wasn't, either.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 5:27 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Kavanaugh's personal temperament alone is enough to disqualify him from the federal Supreme Court as an associate justice. His enjoyment of blending blatant partisanship with his government careers is constitutionally shocking and offensive.

It is, therefore, easier to accept the claims of several individuals in his past who he knew intimately and treated criminally.

The only good news about his probable confirmation is that his name will have a asterisk next to it not only for his lifetime, but for generations to come.

Yeah, I, pretty much, agree with all of this.