Blasey Ford, Yes or No; Kavanaugh, Yes or No?

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 12:01 pm

Another note on the sociology - this is also a bit of a watershed for sensible people of any political persuasion looking around and saying 'Wow, my side is awful'.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 12:21 pm

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-dc-circuit/1348102.html
^either way this should be more than enough reason to not allow kavanaugh.
He doesn't think that intellectually disabled people have the right to even be consulted before a medical decision.
He doesn't think that intellectually disabled people are protected by the constitution.

Isn't that more than enough?

When it comes to this accusation, I have doubts about it's validity because of the timing, I'm not entirely dismissing it, but accusing someone of sexual assault/harassment has become a political move. It really shouldn't ever be used as a political move, because that makes people take it less seriously when it happens.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 2:44 pm

Arganger wrote:
He doesn't think that intellectually disabled people have the right to even be consulted before a medical decision.
He doesn't think that intellectually disabled people are protected by the constitution.

When it comes to this accusation, I have doubts about it's validity because of the timing, I'm not entirely dismissing it, but accusing someone of sexual assault/harassment has become a political move. It really shouldn't ever be used as a political move, because that makes people take it less seriously when it happens.

Democrats don’t think we have human rights either, thst they know better what’s best for us then us.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 2:50 pm

sly279 wrote:
Arganger wrote:

Democrats don’t think we have human rights either, thst they know better what’s best for us then us.

That is true and I won't deny it.
But this man still should not be on the court because of this.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 3:21 pm

sly279 wrote:
Arganger wrote:

Too late either way now, he was confirmed. 50/48

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 3:32 pm

Time for Kavanaugh to celebrate.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 3:54 pm

Arganger wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Arganger wrote:

Too late either way now, he was confirmed. 50/48

No we need to push gun control cases and get infringements on our rights rolled back.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 7:35 pm

EzraS wrote:
You'll probably find the analysis from this body language expert interesting:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/5uv6SHt1Z5Gm/

Oh, bummer----my speakers crapped-out a few months, ago.....

Could you please give us a brief synopsis?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 8:26 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
EzraS wrote:
You'll probably find the analysis from this body language expert interesting:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/5uv6SHt1Z5Gm/

Oh, bummer----my speakers crapped-out a few months, ago.....

Could you please give us a brief synopsis?

This video has a CC button just for you Cat

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 10:00 pm

One thing that confused me about Ford's testimony: why did she need caffeine? She kind of made a cutesy joke about it, but I found myself spending far too much time trying to figure out why she said she needed it. Was she tired? Why would she have been tired? So tired that she needed caffeine to function? She was assumed to be under duress. If I was under such duress but I wasn't tired, I'd just want to get through it, I wouldn't be like: "Hey, can I get a double cappuccino?"

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 10:10 pm

f!"£$! would I ever need a double cappucino were I a federal witness.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 1:20 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
This video has a CC button just for you Cat

Ooo, thankyou, very, very much!!

It was very difficult for me to call any of her poses, "pretty". LOL

I was glad to hear I was thinking along the right lines when I saw her do that head thing, and thought that she was feeling more confident.

Yesterday I read that she teaches this stuff to a class of CIA interns (or, something like that), and then, after watching this, and learning that she was PURPOSELY doing all this stuff..... I wonder if any of the "me too"ers would want to know this----probably not.

Also, in my reading yesterday, I found-out that she LIED to the committee when she said she had never coached anybody on how to pass a lie-detector test----she coached her retired FBI friend (the one she was staying with, in Delaware). It's absolutely amazing the amount of lying and manipulating this woman has done!!

Well, she got her 15 minutes..... She'll probably write a book, make a few mil----after the almost-mil she got off of GoFundMe (and since her lawyers and security, etc. were free, she didn't really incur that much expenses; so, she can put all of it in her pocket)..... She'll probably even be lucky enough to get a movie deal.....

Pathetic!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 1:29 pm

Magna wrote:
One thing that confused me about Ford's testimony: why did she need caffeine? She kind of made a cutesy joke about it, but I found myself spending far too much time trying to figure out why she said she needed it. Was she tired? Why would she have been tired? So tired that she needed caffeine to function? She was assumed to be under duress. If I was under such duress but I wasn't tired, I'd just want to get through it, I wouldn't be like: "Hey, can I get a double cappuccino?"

She probably didn't sleep much the night before, worrying / being anxious, etc.----I can understand that.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 11:31 am

'Nothing to Gain,' Kavanaugh Accuser Raises Nearly $1 Million

During the crucible of Brett Kavanaugh’s Senate confirmation hearings, Democrats repeatedly asserted that Christine Blasey Ford had “nothing to gain” by coming forward with her explosive accusation of attempted rape against the Supreme Court nominee.

"You had absolutely nothing to gain by bringing these facts to the Senate Judiciary Committee,” Sen. Dick Durbin said during her testimony last month. This sentiment was echoed by other Democrats, who presented it as evidence that Ford was telling the truth. "I want to thank you,” added California Sen. Kamala Harris, “because you clearly have nothing to gain for what you have done."

In fact, Ford stands to gain some $1 million and counting from national crowdfunding campaigns launched by friends and other supporters, while she is said to be fielding book offers.

The potential seven-figure windfall, which she says she intends to cash in on – while still asking donors for more money – has some questioning her motivation for accusing the conservative judge after 35 years of silence, and whether it goes beyond personal or even political justice. Others worry the largesse sets a dangerous precedent: Crowdfunding, which unlike political donations is unregulated, could be routinely used in the future as a bounty for providing political dirt on opponents.

Two GoFundMe accounts have raised more than $842,000 for Ford, and the money is still coming in weeks after she testified and left the spotlight. The total does not include a third account collecting $120,000 for an academic endowment in her name.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com ... owing.html

There Are Four Lights!

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 11:42 am

I still want to hear audio of her voice in any context prior to the hearings.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 6:53 pm

#BelieveAllWomen?

Hoo boy. The Senate has referred another of Kavanaugh's "accusers" for possible criminal prosecution after she admitted her story was completely made up — a "ploy" to derail the nomination.

On September 25, 2018, staffers for Senator Harris, a Committee member, referred an undated handwritten letter to Committee investigators that her California office had received signed under the alias “Jane Doe” from Oceanside, California. The letter contained highly graphic sexual-assault accusations against Judge Kavanaugh. The anonymous accuser alleged that Justice Kavanaugh and a friend had raped her “several times each” in the backseat of a car. In addition to being from an anonymous accuser, the letter listed no return address, failed to provide any timeframe, and failed to provide any location — beyond an automobile — in which these alleged incidents took place.

Committee investigators began investigating Ms. Munro-Leighton’s allegations. Given her relatively unique name, Committee investigators were able to use open-source research to locate Ms. Munro-Leighton and determine that she: (1) is a left-wing activist; (2) is decades older than Judge Kavanaugh; and (3) lives in neither the Washington DC area nor California, but in Kentucky. In order to investigate her sexual-assault claims, Committee investigators first attempted to reach her by phone on October 3, 2018, but were unsuccessful. On October 29, Committee investigators again attempted contact, leaving a voicemail. In response, Ms. Munro-Leighton left Committee investigators a voicemail on November 1, 2018.

But it was a leftist fraud from the beginning:

She further confessed to Committee investigators that (1) she “just wanted to get attention”; (2) “it was a tactic”; and (3) “that was just a ploy.” She told Committee investigators that she had called Congress multiple times during the Kavanaugh hearing process – including prior to the time Dr. Ford’s allegations surfaced – to oppose his nomination. Regarding the false sexual-assault allegation she made via her email to the Committee, she said: “I was angry, and I sent it out.” When asked by Committee investigators whether she had ever met Judge Kavanaugh, she said: “Oh Lord, no.”

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/me ... 20Referral)%20with%20redacted%20enclosures.pdf

Lock her up.

There Are Four Lights!