What do you think about Life is Strange 2

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 3:47 pm

What do you think about Life is Strange 2?

Just finished 1st Episode I found that Life is Strange 2 is strangely like Stranger Things if you knew what I mean xD

I think that game is awesome even though the beginning was a bit boring, I think that game could be even better than the first one

The first episode is longer than 1st Episode of original Life is Strange and the Arcadia Bay reference is also cool

I'll wait for the 2nd episode I buy it for sure :D

MarryKate
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Nov 2018, 9:04 am

I’m a bit late but whatever

I never liked the first game I thought it was a bit “cringey” and poorly written.

This game is eh, I think it’s pretty funny I had a good laugh at the dialogue.

You can tell they have the same writers since all the characters sound alike. The way (I don’t even remember the main characters name) talks reminds me of Warren a bit I don’t know how to describe it exactly it’s kind of like these characters have no personality? Like their dialogue just blends together

On a positive note the animations (motion capture) has improved the characters look a lot more expressive now. I like the game environment design the scene where they’re in the hotel and the bathroom had little stains on it was a great attention to detail.

One thing the life is strange series is great at is background design in my opinion anyway.

Even in the main characters house they had some paint chipped off the wall the the celling had some brown spots it just adds to the gameplay

Uiteindelijk
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Nov 2018, 8:43 am

I don't play these games, but I watch my girlfriend play them. I thought the first one wasn't very good. While the specifics of the story may be more appealing to some, it seemed like the Telltale games. In both cases, I feel the games do a poor job of honoring the player's choices, compared to games like Heavy Rain, Detroit, or even Mass Effect. In Life is Strange Season 1, the high-drama, but extremely low impact, choice at the end of Episode 2 did it in for me, though the ending strongly reinforced that impression.

However, they can still be fun if the story is interesting; after all, TV shows aren't interactive, but can still be fun. In that way, I think this season is off to a stronger start. The opening of the season was much more dramatic, and drew me in much more than the previous season.

RogerGol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Nov 2018, 11:14 am

I liked both games but I don't generally prefer those type of games. They can get a bit intense, so to speak. In moderation though, for sure.

uniqueUsername
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2018, 2:11 pm

I like part 1 a lot. Played trough it twice. Only bought it when it was fully released. I also disliked the cringy dialogue, but the general theme appeals to me the most. Time travel, actions and consequences.

Have the 2nd one also, but i dislike the episodic release. So far the 2nd does not really interest me all that much. Not yet anyway, it might come.

sleepyestes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2018, 9:23 pm

This is going to be a useless opinion. I've been pretty much done with these kinds of interactive story games since The Walking Dead sequels. I did watch a couple LPs of the first Life is Strange and it seemed like a middle-aged person pretending to be a teenager, it was embarrassing and besides that it seemed very clumsily written. I watched one scene from the sequel series and it was laughable. The one with the trigger-happy cop. Couldn't stop laughing.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2018, 1:48 pm

sleepyestes wrote:
it was laughable. The one with the trigger-happy cop. Couldn't stop laughing.

But these are usually cops, maybe not your British ones, because yours do not even carry weapons :mrgreen:
But such cops in Poland, Russia or the United States, usually are, or Impetuous morons, with a firearm, that thing that they are somehow watered down version of Nazi ubermenschen :mrgreen: