Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 10:12 am

auntblabby wrote:

There was a ted talk that I listened to called "8 signs of a toxic friendship" which is about a speaker who talks about her experiences of having a toxic friend. She said that after the friendship ended, she did the mirror friend thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-94Ql0UphdA

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2018, 3:39 pm

No. I never look twice at anyone sitting by themself in a restaurant but personally I could never do it I wouldn't do anything that risks people paying attention to me too much therefore I only go to restaurants or coffee shops with someone else, I feel like I blend in better then.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 8:47 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

There was a ted talk that I listened to called "8 signs of a toxic friendship" which is about a speaker who talks about her experiences of having a toxic friend. She said that after the friendship ended, she did the mirror friend thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-94Ql0UphdA

I've done the mirror thing since this cartoon was published in the 80s.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Oct 2018, 11:22 am

I've done it before & it didn't really bother me. I'm too much in my own world to care. I was focused on other things like the food & the experience of eating out instead of at home, it was a nice change.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 10:53 pm

wish I could eat out more in fancy food places. I watch "evening magazine" and it shows all these fancy [expen$ive] foodie places in north king county, nothing ever down south where the 99% live.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 6:16 am

I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant by myself because I always seem to tag along with my family

I did however once try going to an amusement park by myself and I was feeling very self-conscious because I realized that I was the only one getting on rides without any friends or relatives with me. It's funny how you never notice the way people tend to do things socially until you try doing it by yourself.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 7:48 pm

ThisAdamGuy wrote:
Is it weird to go to a sit down restaurant by yourself?
Not if it's a fast food joint.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 7:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
wish I could eat out more in fancy food places. I watch "evening magazine" and it shows all these fancy [expen$ive] foodie places in north king county, nothing ever down south where the 99% live.

I thought the South US was meant to be were all the nice food is :o

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 12:18 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I thought the South US was meant to be were all the nice food is :o

sorry I was not more specific- north of me is richville, IOW seattle and north king county where most of the 1%er money live$. south of seattle is where the 99% lives.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 12:41 am

In the past was brave enough to go on vacation alone for 4 days. Felt comfortable eating breakfast and lunch alone. Dinner was another story and ordered a nice meal from room service and watched a movie on TV. The vacation included going on a few tours where other people went and then did walk around by myself some when took a train to a tourist-yplace.