Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2018, 7:52 pm

Yeah body language has always been hard for me. Also had a lot of sensory overloads and full blown meltdowns at school till I learned to control them at about 14 or so. Even now, people are so freaking hard to read.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 9:25 am

I hate when I misread people. Especially when someone has to explain to me what someone means in front of a whole group like I'm a child. :oops:

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

16 Oct 2018, 8:58 pm

Dude it's awful. As much as I like being sarcastic sometimes, man can it be hard to understand some of the time. And I find that I'm pretty bad with vague instructions. Like I need things spelled out.

CalicoMischief
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Oct 2018, 9:24 am

Gazelle wrote:
Just their ability to easily socialize and be popular and read body language easily and not be socially awkward.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I tried reading books, and audio books even, on socializing to no avail in the past. I cannot imitate it at all. It is impossible. That's why I don't have any friends. :)

NT behavior that baffles me besides socializing? Their being sociopaths. Sociopaths baffle me. They never cease to surprise me but they definitely baffle me. I would consider a large majority of NT to be sociopaths.

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2018, 5:20 pm

Yeah the only reason I can make a half-decent imitation of an NT's social skills is years of masking my ASD. It's kinda convincing, but it's still a crappy imitation. Personally I can't understand why people are just mean to each other for no reason.