Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

blockmaster1
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2018, 9:08 pm

Hey guys. So I have mild aspergers and and don't have the best social skills, and like this girl at my residence. She seems to be outgoing and very athletic, and I approached her once about a month ago and we had a brief convo, which went okay, I was the one leading it. I've been to shy to talk to her since, and have this feeling that maybe she wont' react well to me(pretty sure she knows I like her). However I want to talk to her again, but casually, and then I can truly find out if she doesn't feel comfortable with me or not based on how she acts. What should I talk to her about? Her sports? I was around her quite a bit this week, but just froze up and said nothing to her due to nervousness lol

Last edited by blockmaster1 on 06 Oct 2018, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2018, 9:13 pm

Ask her for advice on running shoes.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Citymale
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2018, 12:07 am

blockmaster1 wrote:
Hey guys. So I have mild aspergers and and don't have the best social skills, and like this girl at my residence. She seems to be outgoing and very athletic, and I approached her once about a month ago and we had a brief convo, which went okay, I was the one leading it. I've been to shy to talk to her since, and have this feeling that maybe she wont' react well to me(pretty sure she knows I like her). However I want to talk to her again, but casually, and then I can truly find out if she doesn't feel comfortable with me or not based on how she acts. What should I talk to her about? Her sports? I was around her quite a bit this week, but just froze up and said nothing to her due to nervousness lol

Don’t try to to flirt.

Go for a jog around your house (not her route, choose your own route, it will look like you stall her otherwise which is very bad).

Say hi next time you see her and don’t plan or prepare something to talk about in advance. If a topic comes up naturally or does not - the fact that it comes up naturally (or does not) will set her at ease. The point is for it to be natural and in the moment.

No prepare topic will be better than th mere fact of a natural unexpected in the moment interaction.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 6:57 pm

Don't worry about asking her out yet. Just try to befriend her for now.

Even if things never progress beyond friendship you'll gain experience talking to girls so the next girl won't make you feel as nervous.

Also she may introduce you to her friends who may introduce you to their friends, etc.