OMG complete brake failure!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 4:35 pm

So I was driving down a 25mph road when my brakes completely failed!! ! I had to drive onto sidewalk to avoid hitting another car at red light then I turned into a parking lot where I turned into a parking space and my car hit the edge of a building which stopped it. Cop gave me citation for brake issue. I have a valid driver's license and current registration/insurance thankfully!

OMG imagine if I was on the freeway when this happened or I got in an accident or hit another car! I'm junking this old car once my uncle mails my title to the rehab hospital, I'll just get a much safer car later!

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 4:47 pm

Sorry about what happened.

Something tells me your uncle got you this car.

I had good-meaning friends give me crappy cars.

Buy a car at a police auction.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 8:11 pm

Yes my uncle got me this car and worked on the brakes several times. I'm going to use money from junking it to help fund apartment move. Where we are moving to has cheap public transportation and we can easily live there without a car for awhile.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

BAP_Buddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2018, 4:27 pm

Not glad it happened, but glad you were in a slower situation when it did!

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 7:59 pm

Car got junked today only got 150 for it and since my uncle drove all the way and helped me out I gave him part the money, only fair.

My husband's getting is money December or before. Huge backpay, my husband said "Merry Christmas for me!"

Apartment stuff is going okay just finalizing paperwork mainly.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:10 am

Angnix wrote:
Car got junked today only got 150 for it and since my uncle drove all the way and helped me out I gave him part the money, only fair.

My husband's getting is money December or before. Huge backpay, my husband said "Merry Christmas for me!"

Apartment stuff is going okay just finalizing paperwork mainly.

I wouldn't have given your uncle the money. He is the one who worked on the brakes and apparently he does shoddy brake work that could have killed you.