Anyone here who will be nice to me?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 1:54 am

i dont live where u guys do. i dont have any clue on those political parties. as a total alien outsider, i only see, that somewhatsort of a fight was started in a place of peace and consolation. shall we not please? no sort of extremism is any good. nowhere, never. having different views should exercise debate, not fight. and i have fought enough in my life to know when it makes sense. i am not for, i am not against. i believe, that diversity is the air of society. while xenophobia and extremism are toxins in that air. this is a minority forum, no? why even start political fights? people up top follow an agenda. all of them. and that agenda is, making money. what they paint on their flags and banners, matters not. my country had went through 2 revolutions over 70 years, only to end up yet again in a tieblock. whoever carries the banner, does not do it for the ideas they proclaim. and even if they do, they overdo it so horribly it doesnt even start to cover the cost. and then next generation, yelling the same hymn, have money in mind. untill something changes very globally, in the very way of majority thinking, the scheme will repeat. and fighting for a banner only gets u killed. or traumatized. (i am not talking about defensive war here, only about political fights). i understand that i am new here. that my word might not mean much, or anything at all. that somebody got traumatized allready. but picking it up never helps, only leading to more trauma. please consider this. and hugs.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 4:12 am

Try not to let them get you down. Hugz from the cosmic cat.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 7:05 am

Now it becomes clear what someone else's post was all about :roll:

as for your question Sly -

If you don't mind a lot of sarcasm , lots of stupid memes , hardly any politics then come and join the 'crazy' mob in AA , there are some serious conversations but I usually ruin that , I can guarantee no one current will give you s**t in that thread. They are a good bunch in that thread except me , so if you can handle my humour you will be fine.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 4:17 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Now it becomes clear what someone else's post was all about :roll:

as for your question Sly -

If you don't mind a lot of sarcasm , lots of stupid memes , hardly any politics then come and join the 'crazy' mob in AA , there are some serious conversations but I usually ruin that , I can guarantee no one current will give you s**t in that thread. They are a good bunch in that thread except me , so if you can handle my humour you will be fine.

What post?

What’s AA?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 4:27 pm

It's probably just a coincidence , don't let my paranoia consume you as well , it was someone's thread asking to 'Define Nice' shortly after you started this thread

And AA is WP Addicts Anonymous viewtopic.php?f=24&t=294259&start=49710

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 6:06 pm

I've never not been nice to you.

I ignore most of the political threads. Even when they are well-meant, someone is bound to start a fight.

Sometimes I post in them, but I stop checking after a while =)

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 7:56 pm

sly279 wrote:
Or are all the non left extremists gone :(
I really need hug :(

It's really bothering me too. The extreme left has become nastier and more violent than the right. I heard rumors that there is another big storm coming too. :(

I wish I just grew up in the simpler times, if the worst sh*t hits the fan and I even face the end of civilization, it's just God's cruel joke again.

Everyone and my own parents tell me that everything is going to be fine.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 12:28 am

there will allways be extremism, sadly. but please just stop chewing on it. it will only bring more pain. IT FEELS like a matter that really needs everything thrown at it, but actually its just another dupe. some part of society will do that all the time, under different flags every time. kids strapping up on the way to the classroom, getting weapons with the greatest of ease. but this wave, same as every other before it, will run out and bring the next. it had been happening in ancient Rome, it had been happening before ancient Rome, it had been happening throughout the history and civilization still stands. even if ancient Roman empire does not))) humanity preserveres, and will keep doing so. forget the "left". "right" and whatever else there is. take the center. hold this squall with indifference. it will end.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 12:51 am

sly279 wrote:

Kitty hugs for you sly279 I'm feeling down at the moment,

As I'm from Australia I don't know much about American politics, we have our own problems over here.
too many lefty idiots who hate our flag, our Anthem and wanting to get rid of Australia Day.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 1:01 am

Aprilviolets wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Kitty hugs for you sly279 I'm feeling down at the moment,

As I'm from Australia I don't know much about American politics, we have our own problems over here.
too many lefty idiots who hate our flag, our Anthem and wanting to get rid of Australia Day.

Hugs

We have those too. The flag repersents oppression they say.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 1:14 am

well russia had changed flag. did it get better? sure dont. just forget that mess. they will grow up, or die fighting. dont fight them)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 8:52 am

Sorry that you are feeling put upon.You are a good person with a good heart.
Sometimes folks have strong feelings about their political beliefs,so they can get outspoken.I think it’s just people venting their frustration and not anything personal towards you.
Hope you feel better about it.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 1:25 pm

Post removed by author

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 11 Oct 2018, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 3:43 pm

All the politics related inflammatory posts have been removed.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 10:22 am

Booyakasha or any other mod - if this comes across as inflammatory, holler and I'll yank it, or if I'm offline, feel free to remove it. I know you don't need permission, but I think sometimes it helps.

Sly - I'm about the right age to be your granny or great aunt, and as I said before I'm of the liberal persuasion. I would not hurt you for anyone, anything, any amount of money. I like you, and I respect you, and if I knew you I might actually ask you to teach me how to target shoot. Seriously.

What worries me so much, these days, is that I see people everywhere being "ginned up" against other people everywhere. And it really does happen everywhere - all political persuasions. Right-side folks are told that left-side folks hate them and want to hurt them. Left-side folks are told the same about right-side folks. And some of these people believe what they're told, so they express anger and fear at the other side, and when that happens people point at it and say there, I told you so.

The thing is, this looks like "divide and conquer" to me. I saw that used at work, a lot, a lot. The managers would use small rewards to make the lower level staff compete against each other. Never mind that the competitiveness actually hurt the organization overall - keeping the peasants at each other's throats meant that the upper level management could do all kinds of nasty stuff *to* the peasants, like making them "clopen", or setting up their work schedules on such short notice that they can't hold a second job to get some debts paid. The peasants didn't see or understand this because they were fully occupied with fighting over who got the employee of the week parking spot. Even worse, if any one peasant *did* see it, the others would normally *defend the managers* - like, they own the place, they can make the rules. (Only within limits! And not when those rules actually *hurt* people on purpose!)

Now I don't have a good solution to this. The only thing I can say is what I do - which is to try to be there, to help people, and hope that they'll see that I'm doing this and that I don't ask them what they believe before I do. That only goes so far, but it lets me sleep and look in the mirror, which is something anyway.

PS about politics: I'm voting for an R for governor, and a D as my Congressman. Because I know their records and respect them both. *And* I know their opponents' records. Can't help it, that is how I was raised...

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran