09 Oct 2018, 12:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Is there such a thing as a Groomzilla?
Only if he doesn't mind sleeping on the floor during his wedding night...
Maybe their brides ask for a divorce within minutes after the I dos?
I attended a wedding where on the way back up the aisle, the new wife started telling the mew husband exactly what she thought of him, his best man, his ushers, his parents, his guests ... none of it was complimentary. Then, at the reception, you could still hear her going on (and on and on and...) about how things were going to change now that she was in charge. They spend one day on their honeymoon in Reno, Nevada. They came back on separate flights.
Well it's nice to know that he had enough backbone to not stay married and put up with an abusive psycho like that.
Actually, I think she filed the papers. Although I hear that he didn't hesitate to sign them...

;)

Well either way I'm happy for him. :wtg:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 1:46 pm

Luhluhluh wrote:
And somehow there are men who want to marry these women. :roll:

Guys if you willingly marry a woman like this, you are approving this sort of behavior. So don't be surprised when she turns it on you eventually. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Well you won’t know until you start planning the wedding.
They have whole shows about crazy brides

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 2:37 pm

sly279 wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:

Guys if you willingly marry a woman like this, you are approving this sort of behavior. So don't be surprised when she turns it on you eventually. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Selfishness, self-centeredness and spoiled princess behavior is very unlikely to just suddenly show up overnight. It's more likely that the guys just ignored it.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 3:07 pm

Luhluhluh wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:

Selfishness, self-centeredness and spoiled princess behavior is very unlikely to just suddenly show up overnight. It's more likely that the guys just ignored it.

Same with violent and controlling husbands. Most women don't see that side of a man until it's too late.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 3:11 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:

Same with violent and controlling husbands. Most women don't see that side of a man until it's too late.

Nah they see it, they just think they can change him, or he will never do it to them, or they just think that no one else will ever want them so they put up with it. I suspect it's the same for the guys who marry a Bridezilla.

Fools, all of them. A leopard can't change its spots. When someone shows you who they are, believe them. And have some respect for yourself.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 3:29 pm

Luhluhluh wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:

Nah they see it, they just think they can change him, or he will never do it to them.

Fools, all of them. A leopard can't change its spots. When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

Well I think it's the same for men who put up with abusive women (yes women CAN be abusive too).

They see the behavior but they ignore it because they think they can help her or that maybe she will change for the better someday. Also when you think you're in love with someone you'll put up with a lot of things they do because you just want to see the good inside of them.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 5:05 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:

Well I think it's the same for men who put up with abusive women (yes women CAN be abusive too).

They see the behavior but they ignore it because they think they can help her or that maybe she will change for the better someday. Also when you think you're in love with someone you'll put up with a lot of things they do because you just want to see the good inside of them.

Totally agree 100%. No one should put up with abusive behavior.

Pay attention to what your date/partner does. People generally do not change. If anything they get worse as they age.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 5:39 pm

Luhluhluh wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Totally agree 100%. No one should put up with abusive behavior.

Pay attention to what your date/partner does. People generally do not change. If anything they get worse as they age.

I dunno about getting worse always being the case. I think some people when they get elderly they start having a lot of regrets about life and sometimes they try to be nicer to people. Like my grandmother for example. She was a horrible mother to my Mom but now that she is 80 and having severe health problems she has been a lot nicer to my Mom than she used to be (and clingy too). I think my Mom still has a hard time forgiving her though.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 5:59 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Like my grandmother for example. She was a horrible mother to my Mom but now that she is 80 and having severe health problems she has been a lot nicer to my Mom than she used to be (and clingy too). I think my Mom still has a hard time forgiving her though.
It sounds like her niceness isn't genuine. How you take care of your kids may one day determine how they take care of you.

Fnord wrote:
I attended a wedding where on the way back up the aisle, the new wife started telling the mew husband exactly what she thought of him, his best man, his ushers, his parents, his guests ... none of it was complimentary.
Sounds like a traditional Chinese wedding, in which the bride must publicly roast the groom.

TW1ZTY wrote:
Is there such a thing as a Groomzilla? :?:
I imagine a groomzilla would be a guy who attempts to plan a comically cheap wedding.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 6:18 pm

Haha! And I bet he says things like "If you think I'm paying that much for a dress you're only going to wear ONCE then we might as well sign the divorce papers now!" :lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 11:58 pm

Luhluhluh wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:

Or that they hide it well like how above the lady hide how much she hated him and his family. Some people are very good at it hence con artists and being catfishes being things.
I can appear Normal I won’t be able to keep it up but others are able to keep it up for a long time. Like men with two families, or side lives, people who cheat.
I entirely believe a woman could hide her selfishness until the deal is sealed.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 1:23 am

Soon some members* here are gonna accuse you that you're posting these articles frequently to "make the women look bad", aka that you have a sexist agenda.

*actually, they are only 4 members who make 99% of gender-dramas here, they know themselves well.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 2:13 am

sly279 wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:

Or that they hide it well like how above the lady hide how much she hated him and his family. Some people are very good at it hence con artists and being catfishes being things.
I can appear Normal I won’t be able to keep it up but others are able to keep it up for a long time. Like men with two families, or side lives, people who cheat.
I entirely believe a woman could hide her selfishness until the deal is sealed.

Yes.

Also for some women weddings are like a drug. They start off not so bad and after a whole year of planning

around their perfect day they are completely deranged and have no sense of proportion.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 5:28 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:

Yeah, blame it on the guys. Always.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 5:37 am

^Do people buy you spoons every birthday? I bet they do, I bet you have thousands.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 5:40 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
^Do people buy you spoons every birthday? I bet they do, I bet you have thousands.

^ I dunno what's the meaning of this question. Not relating, a Brit humor which I don't understand and find it totally lame?

I mean a princess behavior may been developed from uprising by parents, it's not necessarily that her exes or guys who made her so.