Page 2 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 5:40 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
^Do people buy you spoons every birthday? I bet they do, I bet you have thousands.

^ I dunno what's the meaning of this question. Not relating, a Brit humor which I don't understand and find it totally lame?

I mean a princess behavior may been developed from uprising by parents, it's not necessarily that her exes or guys who made her so.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 6:20 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yeah, blame it on the guys. Always.

Yes, how dare I suggest that a man accept responsibility for himself. :lol:

If a person displays selfish, self-centered behavior and their partner just ignores it - who's fault should that be then?

The blame is on both the woman for behaving poorly and the guy for ignoring it and hoping it will go away. The answer would be the same for a woman who stays in a relationship with a guy who is abusive.

Naturally as the topic is about poorly behaving brides, it should logically follow that the man SHOULD notice this behavior BEFORE he gets married to her and does something about it or calls the wedding off. You know - pay attention and have some respect for himself. :D

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 6:30 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
^Do people buy you spoons every birthday? I bet they do, I bet you have thousands.

^ I dunno what's the meaning of this question. Not relating, a Brit humor which I don't understand and find it totally lame?

I mean a princess behavior may been developed from uprising by parents, it's not necessarily that her exes or guys who made her so.

I agree that it's never the fault of the person being abused and I hate programs like Bridzilla that use it as

entertainment. But nobody said the boyfriends caused the behavour. I agree with Sly's point in that people can

hide their real personality well when they want to.

My spoon joke was in reference to you stirring the pot, as in building an argument where there isn't one. Sorry I

thought you would get this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 6:32 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Naturally as the topic is about poorly behaving brides, it should logically follow that the man SHOULD notice this behavior BEFORE he gets married to her and does something about it or calls the wedding off. You know - pay attention and have some respect for himself. :D

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 6:44 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

If that's important and what a partner values, then yeah, not arguing. Obesity leads to poor health outcomes in the future and decreases a persons overall attractiveness. If that what you value, hook up with someone who also values that. If those values change somewhere along the way - hey - that's not what you signed up for.

Not arguing. :lol:

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 8:27 am

I was once a hero to the park service by dutifully getting a permit, which they used to plausibly justify "my kind of people" sharing the park with not one, but two bridezillas!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 8:57 am

Here's another Bridezilla issuing her demands (complete with original errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling)...

Quote:
To m lovely Bridesmaid: [Names removed to protect the brideslaves]

As you all know I picked 10 wonderful ladies to stand by my side, share and make happen my special day to Jake. Each of you individually have a reason and a special place in my heart of why I picked you to be a bridesmaid. We have set our date for Saturday, August 31, 2013 in Vail, Colorado. That seems far away but it really isn't, the earlier the planning the better. You may have already knew that my wonderful sister L— will be the Maid of Honor, she's in charge under me. Also my lovely mom will be a big help as well. L— has a big role in throwing me a bridal shower and bachelorette party, of course all of you guys do but at the end of the day shes the go to person and makes it happen.

You all have a big roll in this wedding, so before we continue I'm going to be setting some ground rules and its very important you read and think about everything through before you accept this honor to be a bridesmaid. If you guys email anything I would also like you to put L— in the CC. Not all the bridesmaid need to be CC'd unless its coming from me or L—, if it something everyone needs to see then well do it. We set the date to August 31, 2013 if that's a problem we need to know NOW. Also by the end of the week we will be setting dates for the engagement party, bridal show and bachelorette party.

Our wedding party is really the most important people at the wedding besides my self and Jake so we want every single one of our bridesmaid and grooms at our parties, I have 10 not 8 where two couldn't make it so if you already know you cant make one of the parties then we have to find someone else, not to be harsh in the slightest it would sadden me and of course you'll still be invited to our wedding, engagement ect. But it's different if your not in the wedding party and couldn't make it. We'll give everyone well advance dates for the parties and it will always fall on a weekend. The wedding as I stated will be in Vail the engagement party will either be in NY or CT and the bachelorette party will be in Vegas, cliche yeaa but I've never been.

A few girls live out of town so if there is going to be a problem with coming to either one then I need to know now because after this week I don't want to be surprised. I would like everyone to send me any dates they are going away or planning to go away after February so if your going away in January I don't care. I want any dates from February to the day of our wedding in August, that way we know not to plan something when your away. But after this week the dates are set in stone. Also if money is tight and you cant afford to contribute to say the bachelorette party or wont be able to afford a dress etc then L— and Myself don't have time to deal with that, I'm sorry. This includes flights as well, everyone knows the states where the parties are going to be held so if you wont be able to afford a flight then that means you cant make a party which ultimately means I cant have you as a bridesmaid. Obviously we'll get the best deals and were not gonna books flights for $1000 and s**t that's why were doing this in advance, that goes for bridesmaids dresses as well everything will be affordable but if you think by affordable its going to be a $25 forever 21 dress then your going to the wrong wedding.

If your out of state though don't think you have to fly in for all fittings, that we will work with you, find stores in your town, get measurements..you don't have to worry about that. Also if you accept this honor another thing is that you need to be available, I'm not going to harass you with wedding stuff every hour of everyday but if its something important and it takes you a week even 2-3 days to get back to me seeeee ya! I don't have time to wait around for responses, everyone has their phone on them, it shouldn't take you more than a day to get back to me, even if your out of the country, check your email!

Furthermore, Ever since I could remember I have dreamed about this day all my life. I want to share it with the people that are most important to me. You only get one time to plan your dream wedding and I couldn't pick a more amazing group of girls to make that dream come true! So please, what's stated above think about it all and by Wednesday I need to know if everyone is 100% in, and what I have asked about sending me dates if your gonna be away between Feb-Aug ill need that on Wednesday. If you don't think you'll be able to attend one party but can make the rest of them I'm sorry but I'll have to take you out as a bridesmaid and put you as a guest. If you want to get back to me before Wednesday, that's fine. Really think about everything I've said. This is really going to be the most epic wedding ever so I hope you girls can share this special day with us!

Love,

[Name withheld]

Source: Reasons Why You Cannot Be A Bridesmaid

:lol:

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 9:23 am

Fnord wrote:
Here's another Bridezilla issuing her demands (complete with original errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling)...

Quote:
To m lovely Bridesmaid: [Names removed to protect the brideslaves]

As you all know I picked 10 wonderful ladies to stand by my side, share and make happen my special day to Jake. Each of you individually have a reason and a special place in my heart of why I picked you to be a bridesmaid. We have set our date for Saturday, August 31, 2013 in Vail, Colorado. That seems far away but it really isn't, the earlier the planning the better. You may have already knew that my wonderful sister L— will be the Maid of Honor, she's in charge under me. Also my lovely mom will be a big help as well. L— has a big role in throwing me a bridal shower and bachelorette party, of course all of you guys do but at the end of the day shes the go to person and makes it happen.

You all have a big roll in this wedding, so before we continue I'm going to be setting some ground rules and its very important you read and think about everything through before you accept this honor to be a bridesmaid. If you guys email anything I would also like you to put L— in the CC. Not all the bridesmaid need to be CC'd unless its coming from me or L—, if it something everyone needs to see then well do it. We set the date to August 31, 2013 if that's a problem we need to know NOW. Also by the end of the week we will be setting dates for the engagement party, bridal show and bachelorette party.

Our wedding party is really the most important people at the wedding besides my self and Jake so we want every single one of our bridesmaid and grooms at our parties, I have 10 not 8 where two couldn't make it so if you already know you cant make one of the parties then we have to find someone else, not to be harsh in the slightest it would sadden me and of course you'll still be invited to our wedding, engagement ect. But it's different if your not in the wedding party and couldn't make it. We'll give everyone well advance dates for the parties and it will always fall on a weekend. The wedding as I stated will be in Vail the engagement party will either be in NY or CT and the bachelorette party will be in Vegas, cliche yeaa but I've never been.

A few girls live out of town so if there is going to be a problem with coming to either one then I need to know now because after this week I don't want to be surprised. I would like everyone to send me any dates they are going away or planning to go away after February so if your going away in January I don't care. I want any dates from February to the day of our wedding in August, that way we know not to plan something when your away. But after this week the dates are set in stone. Also if money is tight and you cant afford to contribute to say the bachelorette party or wont be able to afford a dress etc then L— and Myself don't have time to deal with that, I'm sorry. This includes flights as well, everyone knows the states where the parties are going to be held so if you wont be able to afford a flight then that means you cant make a party which ultimately means I cant have you as a bridesmaid. Obviously we'll get the best deals and were not gonna books flights for $1000 and s**t that's why were doing this in advance, that goes for bridesmaids dresses as well everything will be affordable but if you think by affordable its going to be a $25 forever 21 dress then your going to the wrong wedding.

If your out of state though don't think you have to fly in for all fittings, that we will work with you, find stores in your town, get measurements..you don't have to worry about that. Also if you accept this honor another thing is that you need to be available, I'm not going to harass you with wedding stuff every hour of everyday but if its something important and it takes you a week even 2-3 days to get back to me seeeee ya! I don't have time to wait around for responses, everyone has their phone on them, it shouldn't take you more than a day to get back to me, even if your out of the country, check your email!

Furthermore, Ever since I could remember I have dreamed about this day all my life. I want to share it with the people that are most important to me. You only get one time to plan your dream wedding and I couldn't pick a more amazing group of girls to make that dream come true! So please, what's stated above think about it all and by Wednesday I need to know if everyone is 100% in, and what I have asked about sending me dates if your gonna be away between Feb-Aug ill need that on Wednesday. If you don't think you'll be able to attend one party but can make the rest of them I'm sorry but I'll have to take you out as a bridesmaid and put you as a guest. If you want to get back to me before Wednesday, that's fine. Really think about everything I've said. This is really going to be the most epic wedding ever so I hope you girls can share this special day with us!

Love,

[Name withheld]

Source: Reasons Why You Cannot Be A Bridesmaid

:lol:

Dear Bridezilla: Sorry can't make it, I have to... (checks calendar) rearrange my sock drawer that day.

I can't imagine the life that Jake is in for. :lol:

Don't really get women's obsessions with weddings anyway. It's basically just a status symbol party. So much money wasted on something that could have been used for something like a down payment on a house or even a great honeymoon trip. You could have a wedding in a park and you'd still be just as married as the person who spent tons of money on a destination wedding in Vail, CO.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 10:02 am

Quote:
Don't really get women's obsessions with weddings anyway.

^ “SOME* women’s obsessions with weddings”, lulululh; failing to put the Some there makes your post sexist and violating WP terms. And maybe it would lead you to a life imprisonment.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 10:26 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

^ “SOME* women’s obsessions with weddings”, lulululh; failing to put the Some there makes your post sexist and violating WP terms. And maybe it would lead you to a life imprisonment.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 10:51 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

In all fairness, are there men obsessed with the fairy tale wedding? Are there Groomzillas out there? Seems like they would be more rare. Seems like it's only women who are sold the fairy tale wedding thing from the time they are little girls. The guys just kind of go along with whatever she wants and never really question it because they're so happy to be getting some.

And then when the marriage ends (as it does in about 50% of cases, and it's usually the woman who pursues the divorce) but suddenly she's the evil one and guys are all like scared to death to get married and MGTOW when they should have just paid some attention that she was a horrible narcissist the entire time but they just ignored it. :lol:

See, I'm an equal opportunity misanthropist. :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 11:00 am

I googled "groomzilla" and didn't see anything as over-the-top as the "bridezilla" examples.

Sure, grooms punching out guests, FOBs punching out grooms, that sorta thing. But nothing that shows the groom laying down a set of rules and demands in the same way as the brides do.

After all, it's not really "HIS" wedding, now is it? Ask most brides, and it seems that each will refer to it as "HER" wedding, and not "OUR" wedding. While this is not always the case, I wouldn't bet against it.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 11:27 am

Fnord wrote:
I googled "groomzilla" and didn't see anything as over-the-top as the "bridezilla" examples.

Sure, grooms punching out guests, FOBs punching out grooms, that sorta thing. But nothing that shows the groom laying down a set of rules and demands in the same way as the brides do.

After all, it's not really "HIS" wedding, now is it? Ask most brides, and it seems that each will refer to it as "HER" wedding, and not "OUR" wedding. While this is not always the case, I wouldn't bet against it.

It is, because that fantasy is sold to us from the time we are little girls that our wedding day is the pinnacle of our womanhood, second only maybe to childbirth. AND it's like assumed that we WILL participate in this.

Of course who or what is the one doing the selling but culture and society: the wedding industry makes literally billions of dollars off of selling this ridiculous idea to everyone. It's an economic giant. And the suckers buy it hook, line, and sinker.

Naturally if you're one of the ones who refuses to participate you are sort of given the social side eye. But cognitive dissonance is a drag and they're just jealous that they're out all that money once the honeymoon glow has worn off and real life has set in.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 11:36 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Luhluhluh wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

If that's important and what a partner values, then yeah, not arguing. Obesity leads to poor health outcomes in the future and decreases a persons overall attractiveness. If that what you value, hook up with someone who also values that. If those values change somewhere along the way - hey - that's not what you signed up for.

Not arguing. :lol:

Yeah not to mention lowering their self esteem. I should know because people will be mean to you for being fat just they were to me. :P

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 12:02 pm

I don't get the big deal with weddings. I mean whenever me and my boyfriend take that step, we just plan to go get the document or whatever and do something fun we both enjoy. That whole ceremony thing would be awkward and neither one of us would enjoy it so why even bother? And neither of us care enough to find an 'alternative' ceremony that is less churchy.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 12:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Can't tell if she is trying to move away from him, or if he's just kissing with such force she's had to put her head so far back it looks like its about to snap off. Either way looks like her heads about to pop off, making it a not very flattering picture.