5 Noise Cancelling Headphones for Autism

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 5:54 am

Quote:
Bose QuietComfort 20i noise-cancelling headphones; $250.00

Don't be taken back by the price ...they're worth every single penny.

Be that as it may, some of us aren't blessed with that many pennies. I'm on Social Security, a large portion of which is devoured by Medicare co-pays and Rx drugs. $250+ headphones are simply not on the menu.

Sprite
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Oct 2018, 5:16 am

I purchased a pair of the Sony #1, and they auto shut down after 5 minutes if not connected to Bluetooth or playing music thru a cable connection, so pointless for someone like me who only wants noise cancelling and no music. :-(

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 9:49 am

Sprite wrote:
I purchased a pair of the Sony #1, and they auto shut down after 5 minutes if not connected to Bluetooth or playing music thru a cable connection, so pointless for someone like me who only wants noise cancelling and no music. :-(

I have Sony MDR-1000X noise cancelling headphones. I wear them quite a lot at my desk at work, just have noise cancelling on and enjoy the silence. They are blue tooth connected to my phone but my phone is not playing anything so they are silent.

They are £275 but i bought them with vouchers I had last Christmas in the sale. One of the best purchases i have ever made.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 7:00 am

Headphones cost $$. They feel uncomfortable, wearing. (Weight/touch)

:mrgreen:

It seems unfair that I should have to wear headphones , just because sometimes , someone talks too much and too loudly , they give me headaches.

Some precious lil "people" at the bookstore were sitting around talking about sports, slavery, random subjects.

Absolutely not

And I couldn't read

They were too distracting

Maybe they should not have been talking

:mrgreen:

But, "life" is not fair :lol:

:roll: At least they didn't kill me, so I should be grateful :roll:

:idea: nobody on Wrong Planet :mrgreen: invented the headphones 8O

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 8:09 am

It's neither realistic or practical to expect the rest of the world to adapt to my needs.
It's up to me to adapt to the rest of the world.
Sometimes adaptation requires ear plugs.

KatosJabay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Oct 2018, 2:02 am

Thanks for the info Alex!

Magna, I also wear the earmuffs around the house but am too self conscious to wear them in public. Lol! They work pretty well, but Alex is right that they can start to hurt your head after awhile.

CloudArgonaut
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Oct 2018, 8:00 am

Can anyone recommend some good wired headphones that block the sound effectively? I have a pair of Sony bluetooth headphones with noise cancellation, they're great but the battery thing annoys me and it has too many buttons to play with. So, I'm looking for an old school plug and play solution that will give me great sound and great noise isolation and that I can wear for long. One of my main problems is I wear glasses, so they should be comfortable. I was looking into the Audio Technica M50x, but I read in a few places they don't go well with glasses..

Dances with dogs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2019, 10:06 am

I've found noise-cancelling headphones to add a further noise similar to placing an ear to a conch shell. Actual dB reducing hearing protection with Bluetooth has worked best for me, although they are a bit warm and make me sweat.
I use 3M WorkTunes Connect Hearing Protector with Bluetooth Technology. They are usually less than $50, and the battery lasts very long.

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Feb 2019, 8:01 am

You can get "Active Noise Cancelling Headphones, TaoTronics ANC Wired Noise Cancelling Earphones" or similar. As long as it says "Active noise cancelling" then it should do the job, but some art better than others. You can use them without music playing.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:23 am

I have a pair of custom molded earplugs that reduce ambient/background noise by ~30 decibels. I love them :-)

foxant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2019, 4:48 am

And about phones who use wires on pc for gamers? :D I use a turtle beach p11 one, and its pretty good at isolating sounds, but terrible for sounds like birds sings, or loud bass sound coming from cars that are just passing on the road, or dogs barking. Come on! Do a part 2 with wired headphones!

maryhelenn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2019, 11:26 pm

I read your post. It is very informative and helpful to me. I admire the message valuable information you provided in your article. Thank you for posting, again!

ed
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2019, 8:00 pm

Alex, when you find noise-cancelling headphones that will cancel my tinnitus, let me know :)

There’s been a swarm of crickets inside my head as long as I can remember.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 6:58 am

As a long time user of the Bose QC 35 I'm curious about what I'm missing out on by not having other brands.

My girlfriend has a pair of Sony noise cancelling earbuds but the noise cancellation seems to be almost non-existant on those.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 4:23 pm

adrianmoore wrote:
If I need to totally block out the "world" I use in-ear solutions like the Shure's ( they are expensive but work )

which ones?

Swiftbonds
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jan 2020, 2:04 am

I have mine and its a Sony

Last edited by B19 on 14 Jan 2020, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.: Please read the rules - spam is not acceptable here