Bether3
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Oct 2018, 5:33 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Bether3 wrote:
I rest my case.

Good luck, Fnord will not be swayed =)

"The truth is like a lion. You don’t have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.”

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 7:09 pm

Bether3 wrote:
Trying to put mysticism into words, explain it in linear terms is like trying to convert matter in a gaseous state into a solid state.

The second is nearly always possible as long as it's cold enough. May be you have to put mysticism in really cool words only. :sunny:

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 12:07 pm

Bether3 wrote:
"The truth is like a lion. You don’t have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.”

Truth is like a stone and may hurt if it hits you. :wink:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:14 pm

I really think most people are alive for the purpose of messing with each other and truth is only a secondary or tertiary concern (it's not just evident on this topic, it's evident on almost anything that matters). It's part of why I'm coming more to the opinion that this is one of those topics that I'd circumscribe for a relatively small group of people.

It does remind me of the NPC meme's a little, some are seeking, some are 'social metaphysicians' in the Randian/Objectivist sense.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:37 pm

Speaking of that last bit:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 2:10 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I really think most people are alive for the purpose of messing with each other and truth is only a secondary or tertiary concern (it's not just evident on this topic, it's evident on almost anything that matters). It's part of why I'm coming more to the opinion that this is one of those topics that I'd circumscribe for a relatively small group of people.

It does remind me of the NPC meme's a little, some are seeking, some are 'social metaphysicians' in the Randian/Objectivist sense.

Not in the Land of Love; In the Land of Love, Folks Lift each other Up.
It's Like the SJW Meme; all that is designed to do is to Prove Love Weak.

"most people are alive for the purpose of messing with each
other and truth is only a secondary or tertiary concern"

That is False.

Emotions Move all Reasons in Life. Love is Truth.

Fear and Hate is Weak as it Naturally Exhausts itself for a Shorter Life.

Hope and Love is Strong as it Naturally Lifts us up Inherently without
all the Stress Hormones that take all of Bodily Systems down as weak.

And on Top of that; Grace is True Strength for Grace is Balance in Alignment
Out of Fear that is Weakness at Core. There is no Need for School to Learn
this Lesson; only the Innate, Instinctual Intuition we are born as any
Bonobo
Ape
already
does in Small
enough Homogenous
Loving Groups of Living in Peace and Harmony and 'Copious' Amounts of Pleasure too.

All the Book Learning in the World will not take anyone to the Kingdom of Love for Love
is Gardened and Nourished as Innate or Love is Neglected and Starved as Love if Innate.

Life is not Fair.
The Fact that so many
People are either born without
that Propensity to Love or Neglected
And Starved from Love is the Proof Required for that.

Never the Less, and More, Love is Real and Heaven For Some;
it's rather Insane not to Live in Heaven if Can and Will Proves True.

It's Obvious where Love Exists or Does Not And is Neglected in Starvation;

For Those with 'Eyes' Who Are and Do Love; That Philosophy Is Easy to Feel and Sense When Real.

And Again, for all Practical Intents and Purposes; Both Mystical and Supernatural For Those who do not exist as

Incarnate
Love
Now.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 3:11 pm

I can't relate. That doesn't match what I see anywhere.

NDE'ers perhaps touch a different environment as well as some mystics. I heard recently from a lady who was in Philosophers of Nature with Fr. Albertus et. al that some of the people who followed Jean Dubuis's system ended up deeply depressed or suicidal because of the contact they made with that plane (happens to NDE'ers too I suppose). What we have here for the most part is a lot of apes bum-raping each other and trying to kill each other to take each other's stuff. The rule here is if you see weakness slit their throat and drink their blood immediately! It's a Hobbesian nightmare.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 5:39 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I can't relate. That doesn't match what I see anywhere.

NDE'ers perhaps touch a different environment as well as some mystics. I heard recently from a lady who was in Philosophers of Nature with Fr. Albertus et. al that some of the people who followed Jean Dubuis's system ended up deeply depressed or suicidal because of the contact they made with that plane (happens to NDE'ers too I suppose). What we have here for the most part is a lot of apes bum-raping each other and trying to kill each other to take each other's stuff. The rule here is if you see weakness slit their throat and drink their blood immediately! It's a Hobbesian nightmare.

It's true; it's Naturally easier for the Fearless who live in Abundance to Love. Fear in Scarcity Kills Love; there is no doubt
about that. But it's also True; it's Not Just Human Nature for Humans to Naturally Devolve into a Hobbesian Nightmare
as that Does just about Describe the Current Politics at least of the United States; and Certainly the Online Environment
as whole; particularly Now, when Naturally Weak men in Flesh and Blood Life can and will Hide Behind a Faceless
Avatar and Pretend to be Strong; as that is surely a Common Internet Meme for Weak Men these days who
are Full of Fear in Scarcity in their Flesh and Blood Environment.

I understand the Difference; for I lived in both Fearful and Fearless Shoes; Weak and Strong Shoes; and Loving
And Numb Feelings as well to both Receive and Give. The Culture we are raised in, 'These Days' in Most Large
Societies is far far away for the way Humans are Naturally Evolved to Live Working Together, Hand in Hand
Foraging For Subsistence, where they really need each other for Survival; and By God of Nature the Children
are the Prize of the Village; for they are the Literal Future of Everyone's Survival in the Village then/now.

Not so much anymore; this is True as Technology has Replaced the Greater Place of Human Love in
Empathy, Sympathy, and Compassion as well as Cognitive Empathy as folks continue to Grow Farther
Away from Each other; and Love is becoming more of a Mystical and Supernatural Practice than an every
Now Given of Life. I've Literally Seen the Change as both a Participant Anthropology Observer in Formal Degreed
way; and also as a Shoe Server thru Manager of a Bowling Center for the Military for Close to two Decades too; watching
How Social Groups of Close to 100 Folks Get along in Organized Efforts Working together for a '10-Pin God' where really
the Only Enemy is the Pins and Not the Human Beings; of course that's Recreation; as Humans Must Do Re-creation lest
they Disintegrate into Yes, a Hobbesian Nightmare that is as Real as the Smell of 'Trump's Breath', in all the ways that
continues to Further Filter through our Culture from Top to Bottom now; Enabling more the Force of Fear and Hate
on all Sides Life Considered Real. By the way, I never Learned to Bowl or Play Team Sports; but that didn't stop me
from Being a Community Activities Director who never really was involved then in Leisure Activities; or an Athletic
Director of a Military Installation too; oh, the Force of Fluid Intelligence as some folks will make WHATEVER work..;)

Anyway, Bowling Alone is the Game now for Metaphor; as what it means to really be Human; where Getting along now
Means Survival is becoming more of a Mystic and Super-Natural Past as 'Machine Minds' Rule now as Parts of Human
Beings Rather Than Whole Human Beings Self-Actualized Together Now as Love. I saw that Love Up Close and Personal
when I was Very Young; and I saw what it means when everyone else was getting along well, unless they were more like
me and didn't fit into any Paradigm of Social Group and Act Think; But Still, Most Folks did thrive with A Full Force of
Love then.

And some still do; and Best in Relatively Small Villages, per example of a Small First Southern Baptist Extended Family
of a Pastor on a Farm where all together, there are around 100 Folks who Do regularly Interact in Peace where the Feeling
of Warm and Fuzzy is palpable for those who are regularly Nourished with Mirror Neurons and the ability to
Feel the Warm and Fuzzy of Love and Generate the Neurohormone Oxytocin that is verily Super-Natural
For Folks who are raised By Refrigerator Humans who are More Machine than Flesh and Blood Love; as
that part of Human Potential is erased and withered away from us in use it or lose it as that relates
to a Life Spent Mostly in Mechanical Cognition in all the Ways Mechanical Cognition Systemizing
Science Think comes.

Anyway; there are still Peaceful Small Societies in the World; particularly, the Great Ape Species,
the Bonobo that have been studied to Diffuse Aggression that might otherwise Lead to
Violence with the Force of Love in all the ways that comes from Head to Toe to
Empathy, Sympathy, and Compassion too. And, Yes, there are Small Societies
who get along Peacefully and Well; and in Micro-Societies like the First Baptist Pastor's Farm
I've been Visiting for the Last 5 years; and while I have documented that in Photos; That is Anecdotal
Evidence in Case Study Evidence just from me; However, the University of Alabama's Anthropology Department
has Been Studying Peaceful Human Societies for Decades in Regard to Small Societies still that are Mostly Egalitarian in
Nature; where Taking more than Giving is not the Selfish Norm; and Hoarding Material Possessions is not a Religion
of Life as of course that's what most folks really Worship in the United States, spoon-Fed from Birth through both
The World of Capitalism and all the Commercialization that is literally impossible to Escape all together, unless
one Rid themselves of Several of their Senses.

Human Beings who live in Scarcity, now without a Real Flesh and Blood Village of Support; without Social Roles and
Statuses that Really Feel like Flesh and Blood, Holy and Sacred Meaning and Purpose in Life, just don't thrive as well
as Human Societies that offer these 'Normal' Human Amenities that come Innately, Instinctually, and Intuitively still
as Born on Date Alive. And true; what is missing most 'these days' is the Mystical of Life to Explore Deeper within
outside of Data Download School and Work Life now; as it's true, then Dance came First for Human Communication
for Ten's of Thousands of Years; then Oral Tradition where Short Term Working Memory and Long Term Memory
Were Exercised in a Natural Poetic Free Verse of Life where Emotions are both the Glue of Memory and the Glue
Expressed Together that Lifts Folks up as Dance and Song will do. That's a whole lot different than sharing
Links on Facebook 'these days'; that's a whole lot Different than mostly anything Folks do today; but
that way of Life of the Village is the Long Term Evolutionary Ancestry of Human Being Still.

Those folks who 'Dance and Sing' with others For Love Thrive;

Those who don't are much more likely to fall into a Hobbesian Nightmare that is real now;

And yes, Sadly, yes, Some folks, and yes Many Folks; and Potentially Most Folks already Have;

As much as i Hate to Say it; it's very Possible that i am the only Truly Happy Person Without Any Illusory Fears i know.

That's the goal of Life now that counts as far as i can and will see; and that is what the United States in Declaration of Independence was originally Founded to be as Goal for the Right to Life and Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
Now for the Land of the Brave and Free.

Perhaps, one has to Dance everywhere they go to achieve that; it's what many of our Ancestors Did.

I for one; Prove it works for Fearless Happy always now for me. I can't make anyone else do it, now.

And on top of that no one is Brave enough to do it, down here in Red State Trump Lands of Fear and Hate;

But never the Less, some 'Minions' Do Life Happy Together too; in giving and sharing ways that Work enough for Love.

It's true, too; while I may Disagree with Most of those Fundamentalist Deep Southern Baptist Folks when it comes to all
their Philosophies of Life; it doesn't matter really when they wake up to a State of Love and Go to Bed with a State of
Love too; no matter where they Live or what Religion, Politics, and Philosophy they do now; Bottom Line is they
Achieve
what the
Declaration of
Independence means
together as 'Hairless Apes' Living Stronger together in agreed ways of doing just that.

Relatively Speaking, no one messes with me; as really who the F would with a 240 LB Ballerina
Now Still Who Leg Presses Half a Car 52 times; Nobody down here, now; at least; not to my Face; At Least
for me that Sticks and Stones Parable is true; Words don't Hurt me for I Master my Limbic and Reptile Brain First.

https://cas.uab.edu/peacefulsocieties/societies/

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 7:55 pm

It's not even so much online, it's more like in at least half of the last three or four jobs I've had the environment demanded almost totalitarian levels of social conformity and anything short of that made someone free game to be lifted up by all fours and just about be pavement-bounced on the head on their ejection from the premise. It's like a lot of people are looking for whatever excuse to exercise sadism and domination that they can in, of all places, the place where people have no choice but to go in order to be able to finance their survival.

I see people on a regular basis who, by all intents and purposes, are sharks. I think about my spiritual development over the past three or four years and realize that it was a step outside the arms race, and that step outside the arms race might have been crucial for my surviving certain internal challenges but I did get behind on the dog eats dog game theory and had at least a few close shaves at my new job when, people seeing that they didn't know what I did and also saw that I was weird, started leveling up the background tension on me like they were ready push the social eject button. What that button really means is that if a person is different, in any way, they have no right to live. No right to be employed, no right to pay bills, whether they go sleep under the stars and eat out of garbage cans, whether they end it with a bullet or a noose, who knows who cares and if its the latter so much better for the gene pool and for whoever wanted to have their stuff!

I have no desire to give into it and be the kind of person who steps on heads and snaps necks to get the top, I'm willing to work 80 hrs a week if I have to so I can talent my way out of this backlog (had quite a few years where I got left out to pasture and it's frantic catch-up time since I finally have professional-grade work and learning to do). What I notice though is there's no allowance for whether you have the background or not either - if you don't immediately know everything you need to know when you walk in the door people agree that you're a screw-up, that you don't belong there, and there's no learning curve, it's either climbing a straight wall upward and almost immediate catch up on pretty much everything or getting your throat slit.

This is where it's really occurring to me that the veneer of people trying to help each other is pretty damn thin and the desire to crush anything resembling competition or even future competition is even stronger.

Not sure what to do about that, I know how to live away from it in my own private world of literature and philosophy but I realize I also really put myself in a world of grave danger if I don't spend at least 1/3 to 1/2 of each decade of my life really checking in on the cutthroat games that are getting played, otherwise someone has a really good chance of getting the drop on me and when that happens I could be a goner. I live with my parents at almost 39, have had a degree but never a job that paid enough to do otherwise and - I really don't want them to worry about me anymore, they're getting too far up there in years and will probably be passing in the next couple decades, I don't want that to be wracked with concern over my welfare and whether I'll lose everything and be destitute once they pass.

That's probably way too much information but I also think about where I'm at, having a mid 120's IQ even and noting that I probably have reaches and areas of my cognition that exceed that significantly - to be in this spot I can't even imagine how hard it would be to have less natural grace in that department. I look at human history, especially the first half of the 20th century through Europe and Asia, and it really strikes me that there's no bottom to what we can and will do to each other. Listening to Gulag Archipelago on Youtube was awakening in that sense and people have had similarly awful things to say about the Japanese in China with Unit 731 as to what they had to say about Joseph Mengele under Hitler.

One of the few thin beads of hope I've had was that technological innovation would reach a point where there was so little left to fight for to survive that people would have their worst animal instincts swallowed in complaisance. The way things are looking we're not headed that way, probably much more like all of the west following Greece as automation takes all of the jobs.

I'd actually really love to have a deep and detailed conversation one of these days with other people of similar beliefs about the nature of evil and what the heck can be done about it. Someone I read recently who takes quite a nihilistic view of human progress, John Gray, also would suggest that our primary goal shouldn't be to perfect or even improve the baseline of human morality - that it's an impossible goal and it's like trying to fix any other animal's nature - but that we should do whatever we can to cage what we know to be recurrent evils. Seems like Bret Weinstein's got his finger on the pulse with this one in that once prosperity ends in a country or set of countries it heads toward tyranny as well as the 'transfer horizon' of resource exploitation which pretty much just means banding up and committing genocide against whoever can't socially defend themselves in order to take their stuff.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 8:03 pm

A much shorter and more on-topic thought here;

I wrote a post in a philosophy forum recently trying to tease out the difference between what goes on in 'the world of Formation' where people seem to have a lot of their NDE's and come away with the notion that our thoughts absolutely create reality, comparing that to the physical world we know where you would be lead to believe - by the interactions - that naive reductive materialists are at least 99.5% right in their assessment. It would be really easy to answer if NDE's were just hallucinations, or people's experiences with everything from other non-physical conscious entities and banks/clusters of three and four-sigma breaking synchronicities were just having either hallucinations or falling pray to selective attention or just a really deep repressed fear of death, but none of that seems to be the case. Hence, we've got quite a challenging mystery to hash out.

Another thing I'd add - hallucinations, no matter how intense, shouldn't lead to enhanced psychic capability or powers to heal if all of it were subjective problems with the brain similar to a TV screen being broken temporarily. I actually do think there are a few good potentials for natural explanation but most of them cut through panpsychism or at least very different theories of how powerful and present information is in nature. The trouble seems to be that what's the controversial is the existence of such phenomena on their own but how they run rough-shod with respect to the cultural war on religion and in that bucket anything that smacks of 'supernatural' flavor falls into the same anathema bucket.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 11:02 pm

People who don't believe in and don't pursue the Mystical in life; Miss out on the Best Parts of Life;
There are those who Fear the Dark (Chaos) and those who are Cynical oF Light That is Mystery to Seek
And Find for those who Believe in Higher Forces of Life; but it is just Chaos and Worthless to those who
are Cynical of the Light in Higher Human Potentials.

Thing is though; It's a Synergy of Many Hidden Elements of Life Exposed and Revealed in now to now
Existence that are often Sublime; where if one is not focused in Mindful and Body Full Awareness away
From Worry/Problem Solving Mind, these Signs of Life in Synchronicity may not be noticeable to them or even
arise at all; for as one 'old saying says', those who become Gifted Receive More and those who are not Gifted Receive
Less in ways of Potential Future and Greater Gifts.

As far as the Boundaries of a Holy Spirit of Creativity and the Spectrum of Labeled Mental Illness; there are those
Who Master Their Gifts; and those who are Mastered by their Gifts as that relates to the Metaphor of Kundalini
Rising too. In other Words, when Higher Potentials of Human Being Come to Be Real with no one else who has
Experienced Similar Higher Potentials of Being Human is available to Consult with in an Intuitive Way of what
is going on. Again; it's rather Sublime when it's Working Well in Balance like a Good Dream coming to Fruition;
but on the other Hand, out of control; relatively Speaking, it can and will be Madness that deserves both a label
and a fix for whatever gets one back in balance.

I had absolutely no one to help me figure it out;

Took 53 Years to get there; and I can finally Articulate my Experience now, well enough
for me in the way I experience Higher Human Potentials through 5 More Years of Intense
Research and Creative Writing that puts my Entire Reality into Order I Master now that is also Art
in Relative Free Will. But again; it's totally a Solo Job For me like Exploring a New UniVerse Within allone.

I read things most often after I've already done the Reality that confirms what I've already found as Reality.

But true; other Folks Put it into Words that are commonly understood by a Wider Audience; so now I can say
Phrases like 'Autotelic' State of Being and 'Transient Hypo-Frontality' that are as close to a much more detailed
Explanation as a Google Search.

I really do live in Heaven now as Metaphor; and I have no problem admitting that most of my Life then; even though
Folks thought I had it together as a Perfectionist all through School and Work even to the point of some Classmates
and Co-Workers naming me 'Superman' through Three College Degrees and in finally advancing to Higher Levels of
Federal Pay; the Entire time I was walking a Tight Rope Barely in Balance within; and with 9 years of Chronic
Stress from age 36 through 45; and the Last 2 through age 47, with Acute Flight and Fight Stress almost
continuously day in and day out; that did almost literally Kill me; and put me done with 19 mostly stress
Related Disorders. The Fact that I am even alive now is a Miracle that is real; the Fact that I am
Happy
is Proof
Enough to
me that God Exists and is Real enough for me.
I'm still walking a Tight Rope; the only Difference is it is
Effortless now; And I even get to Dance/Sing it and I don't have to answer to anyone but me
and of course my Wife still; and that's not Hard as I don't worry about her getting rid of me.
She already made it through Hell with me in 66 Months to the Point Where she was banging
Her Head against the Wall.

Hell is the Ultimate
Perspective Maker and
A Progenitor of Heaven too.

I Will Say the Bottom Line here is; it's possible for things to get Better; just about no Matter what.
And never stop Believing In Magic as for me at least, I am 100 percent Sure God Exists and Magic is Real too.

It's just a Matter of Seeking Enough and Finding what Works for You as that Comes Best from God that Exists Within;
for whatever ever Label, Anyone wants to use for that. A Verb Works Better For me Like Connecting to 'sKeYes' Free.

And as far as the Much Larger Photo of the Human Species; We've been Raping and Pillaging the Rest of the Living
Environment and 'The Stuff' will Hit the Fan until we Learn our Lesson and Change as God as Whole is Much Bigger
Than This Human Species for those who understand both the Gift of Life and the Miracle We Live at all. But that's
A Perspective and a Matter of Deeper over Shallower Thinking that becomes even Harder to Do when 'The Stuff'
is Already Hitting God Fans who are Asleep all around the World; Held Prisoner for now Sleeping in the Bottom
Levels of
Maslow's
Pyramid
iN A Place With No Windows to LOOK OUT.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 11:41 pm

I think this is also why a lot of people give up almost right out of the gate:

1) The truth is at least somewhat mysterian in flavor in that it doesn't follow human logic and really doesn't fit the subsets of our acclimations and cultural demands well. A great example of this is morality, something we obviously need for practical/civilian purposes but seems orthogonal to spiritual development in the sense that it aligns with / opposes morality about as well as brushing your teeth aligns with morality. I can't tell if it's just our western Judao-Christian heritage but hearing people like Sadhguru recount stories of Ramakrishna Paramahamsa or Vivikenanda can be jarring because in their devotion to Kali and the lessons that went back and forth between the two you see western altruism in a lot of ways demolished and in some ways Vivikenanda's ideas almost seem like they're half way to Evola's at times in terms of promoting the warrior's path to spiritual development.

2) As such that the path doesn't flow with cultural intuition, even to the extent that one might have head-knowledge of it, they also can't exactly apply head-knowledge here in the way that they would the sciences and math, hence it has more in common with a sport or activity that can't be industrialized as a product - the results essentially begin and end with the person whose putting the effort forward. As a culture obsessed with scalability we can't stand that.

In my own practice, like a lot of people, I alternate between practicing magician and arm-chair magician and I find that to be because I rarely feel like this is something that I'd want to do 'three to five times a week' like going to the gym and working out, ie. I can't escape the feeling that doing so turns it into the rinsed/washed night time prayer and IMHO that can probably happen to LBRP/LIRP or Middle Pillar as it can anything else. OTOH when I do feel a particular and proper inspiration to explore a new avenue and see a month to several months long working somewhere in a book or online I jump on it because it's something akin to baking a cake and I understand the transformative process to be something like this - the end ritual itself is just the serving and eating part (back to the cake analogy), the really good stuff in terms of transformation is the whole month or two of purification, memorizing lines, and the whole journey of getting psyched and ready for that particular event which correlates more to the whole span between going to the store to shop for the ingredients to setting aside the kitchen time to prepare them.

While that's good for me to know about myself it also puts me in this particular bind - my sense of leverage seems like it's more external than internal, meaning my life needs to be in the right spots to feel like I'm doing the right thing by actively working rather than just spinning my wheels.

I've got more than enough really good books so at least on the content front it shouldn't be a struggle. If anything it's just me waiting for those little epiphanies of the sort that tell me I'm ready to pick up and try another piece of this, and almost always it's about untying some particular knot in my psyche that I've discovered and that particular ritual or working ends up offering itself as a way of getting in at it more directly than external life itself can usually offer.

Another thing that I keep coming back to as well is Peregrin Wildoak's forward to By Names And Images. In there he says rather bluntly that if you have the money to buy the book (which was less than $20 if I remember correctly) that you're probably not in bad enough financial shape, compared to the rest of the world, to even make financial magic a goal and hence you really should put your efforts more directly toward using the system provided (in this case the outer order work of the Golden Dawn) directly toward refining and integrating your personality so that you can at least be a better actor in the world. I can imagine a lot of people picking it up, seeing that, and wondering what on earth they bought because financial prosperity, as it's measured by our culture, is sold as the be-all-end-all whereas the universe quite likely will be doing things with you for most of your life that are indeed orthogonal to such goals. That's another area where I think people get this confused. Obviously it's not Harry Potter, people get let down about that and walk away from it (or buy some new age tripe, each of those books is like a quick jolt of nicotine and wears off almost immediately). Also it's not anything like a 'get out of pain free' card, the tarot key Temperance (the water on the lion and fire on the eagle version especially) shows that. That's where a lot of people would think 'If it doesn't get me rich, if it doesn't get me high, if it doesn't get me laid, and it's not even a Pascal's wager insurance policy - why the f would I do it?'. That's part of what makes it such an unusual way to go, you have to sense an inherent value in it and even that seems largely providential.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 2:05 am

aghogday wrote:
Love is Truth.

You mean because everybody has his own different version of both? :wink: :mrgreen:
I think you should just define both and than you should compare the definitions.
Is your definition of love really a subset of your definition of truth only?
If so just post it please. (But no books about it!)
Than we'll see whether you are right.

I think love can be truly wrong. Something that is wrong isn't truth. Just think about the love to any kind of strange gods. How many people have been killed because of that last year?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 8:13 am

quite an extreme wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Love is Truth.

You mean because everybody has his own different version of both? :wink: :mrgreen:
I think you should just define both and than you should compare the definitions.
Is your definition of love really a subset of your definition of truth only?
If so just post it please. (But no books about it!)
Than we'll see whether you are right.

I think love can be truly wrong. Something that is wrong isn't truth. Just think about the love to any kind of strange gods. How many people have been killed because of that last year?

"Love is Truth"
"Love is A Rose (With Thorns)"
"Love is (Fifty Shades of Grey)"

These Are All Aphorisms Created 'on the fly' and in the Basic Rules
of Logic; when one says A is B that doesn't Limit A from Being C or even Z.

"God is Love"
"God is All"
"God is the Devil"
"God is me"
"God is You"

Words are Metaphors.
Words and Phrases have many meanings.

Aphorisms are designed to inspire Deeper Conversations
For those who are interested in Deeper Conversations and Open Minded enough to Explore.

Winks, I don't take instructions from anyone away from my Relative Free Will. Considering that I write
on Average, 30K Words a week, just for fun, since I'm Financially Independent and don't have to Work for Pay;
And Dance in Public an Average of 166 miles a Month in 5 Years span of dates; along with 6 Million Words of
the Longest Epic Long Form Poem Written in Human History by anyone; and certainly not by one Person alone
in the Same Span of 5 Years, to date now:

Thanks For Inspiring a Few More Words for the Effort as Every Dance Legend Assessed by the General Public
as such; can and will use another Hobby to rest their Feet; hAha.

The Average Human 'these days', according to Science Research has the Attention Span of Literally Less than
A Gold Fish. The Popularity of Twitter is not surprising, considering this Scientific Finding; However, the Fact
that the limit was increased to 280 Characters is probably pushing the Limits of the Attention Span of
Some Human Beings. Seriously, it's getting practically 'Supernatural' for anyone to complete a
'Book' at all these days. And for Some folks (the few who do) it takes a Year to Write one now;
7 Days for me on my Average, again, Just for Fun; as the Journey is all the Bliss unto the Journey.

My Friend 'Tech' here is definitely an outlier like me;

I read 10 to 15 times faster than the Average Human and type up to 130 Words a Minute when Focused
enough in Free Verse Poetry without preplanning anything i say. Some Folks Get it; Most Folks don't; but
not everyone fulfills more of their Human Potential and that's okay too; And it's True, i've been named 'Superman'
on more than one occasion by the Audience at hand; always by Women though; Never by men; ha! Go figure with Winks.

Chances are very Good that i will never have a Target Audience as that just proves i am fulfilling 'my' Human Potential.

The Dance is Different; 'People' Like me much more when i don't say a Dam thing; It's an excellent way to meet Women.

And that's all that 'really' 'counts' to me; Meeting Women; I Love Collecting their Smiles; A Main Muse of all my Hobbies.

(No Kidding; I have literally over 2000 Smiling Faces now with Women, when Doing a Dance with them in the Last
5 Years; Links available on demand for those who say, "photos or it didn't happen"; pushing 60 at age 58, is not a problem, at least for me; Meanwhile my Peers, 'generally speaking who are none'; are watching NFL on Mall Benches)

i Personally Love it all; Flowers and Thorns of Rose too; but that's just my opinion as some Folks Love Literally Nothing.

i'll take 'all of this' 'with me' as 'The Truth is Lies', too;
there is probably 'somewhere else'; to figure out too..;)

Anyway; here's a Sample from the 2000+;
And this is Both Mystical and Supernatural Enough for me too;
And Oh God; i Love it All too as God Bottom Line hear never ending.... Now.

And as i love to Metaphor; i am not 'the' Batman'; just 'A' Batman; to avoid any potential future confusion..;)

https://katiemiafrederick.files.wordpre ... 8801_o.jpg

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 8:58 am

@techstepgenr8tion, while the Books that You are Purchasing may not
likely be Available at Barnes and Nobles; one thing i do as kind of a Holy and
Sacred Full of Meaning and Purpose Practice of Life is Visit Barnes and Nobles on Every
Sunday after Visiting the Catholic Church i was Raised in that i enjoy Singing in so much
as i find their Songs mostly full of Love and Hope; and additionally, after i Dance Free Style
in Public in the Mall all day; at Barnes and Nobles while Dancing and Listening to Meditative Music;
Generally Speaking, i finish a Book associated with Mysticism each week in a span of about an Hour
or So as i find that the Dancing while listening to Meditative Music increases my Attention Span and Focus
there and as a practice Flows into the Rest of the Week as continuing to increase my Human Potential. I don't
Feel too bad about taking the Words
for Free as i put out as many in a week
back to the General Public of the World; hehe.
And on top of that i entertain the Crowd of Sitting
Still Readers with their Heads Bent Down over Lap Top Screens
in the Star Bucks Section as there is a Nice 'Open Dance Floor' there
Conveniently Located by the Books on Mysticism and the Etcetera of that.
One secret of my Financial Success is i've never been one to Buy Stuff; keeping
the Same Home an Entire Life; Paid off; and Cars Paid off for 15 Years a Car Life to Keep too;
Oh and the Biggest one of all; keeping the same Wife and in some ways sadly; never having children who live.
Anyway; good on
you for not
Giving
up
on Magic
for whatever way
you bring it to Fruition
in Your life where Dreams come True;
That's one reason, i 'take notes' to Prove in Real Time now; Magic/God is Real and Dreams Come true.
Some Days Photos work better than Words too; for all the Heaven in the World in one Moment now.

It's amazing how easy it is for some of the 'Home Boys' Where i live to understand why i dance when i show them just one Photo or Thousands more.

The Reason i write; the 'Home Boys' Rarely if ever get; but true; some Women Love Erotic Poetry more than Photos too..;)

The Women Love the Dance the Most; and it has been Described as Poetry in Motion by a Poet of Course in Female Fashion; GREAT thing My Wife has been named as the Eternal Teenager by some folks at age 48; as she never gets Jealous,
Either.

Once one Masters REAL Magic; Magic Becomes REAL Life; And God as REALAGAPE LoVE NOW too..:)

But Seriously though; if 'one'/'neo' at least, never Proves it is real in REAL documented evidence;
it's harder to Motivate Folks That Magic/God is Real and Worth While to at least take a 'stab' at 'it'.

If my Wife is still the Eternal Teenager at age 100; perhaps what i do will go viral; with winks after i am dead; Fame and
Fortune is not my Game; Freedom is lost with that for sure as Freedom is Art unto Art as LIfe's Journey in Heaven now
for
me at least now..:)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 10:04 am

aghogday wrote:
Once one Masters REAL Magic; Magic Becomes REAL Life; And God as REALAGAPE LoVE NOW too..:)

That's part of why I never got people who had the transactional approach of just trying to evoke/invoke angels, demons, Olympic and planetary spirits, etc. to try levering the world around them without working on themselves. It's like playing a role playing game where you work your arse off to win the game as a level 1 character without just taking the time to level up. Similarly with this stuff it's upgrading your own software and firmware and by the time you do that you find out that most of the eccentricities that caused you to need to change x, y, and z situation directly in the world around you through spirits either resolved itself or ceases to be something that you'd have on your plate as a problem anyway.

That said I would suppose that it's impossible not to at least improve a little if you're doing invocation/evocation, just that I'd think having the 'Know thyself' goal and seeking integrity through mystic practice as your high water mark you'll be far better off and have much less of a chance of popping your cork as they put it.