Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

fudgearoundthecorner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2018, 8:36 pm

I'm female. I have a crush on a boy... so when the hallway was empty, I went up to him with some courage and said this:
"You may be shocked to hear this, but I like you"
He walked away without saying anything. I feel that if he didn't like me he would have said something but he would have said something if he did like me?(Hes not autistic to my knowledge, im the autistic one)
Now follow up, after summer vacation- he sends me mixed signals. He looks and smiles at me sometimes, I forced myself to pay attention to body language, and he shows a bunch of non-obvious signs, but he doesn't talk to me about it and he blocked me on facebook after i sent him a friend request.
My friends all tell me that he is like this with a bunch of people and that I should be patient because he's timid, but should I hold on? I worry too much sometimes, im afraid :oops: :o 8O :? :|

"Pit, go fetch me some mac and cheese w/ flaming hot cheetos"
"Yes lady Fudgearoundthecorner"

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 8:56 pm

:) At your age now, boys are horrible. Best to avoid them, even the ones you crush on because they will hurt you. If you have crushes, keep it to yourself. Don't even tell another girl!! Sometimes girls get jealous and will set you up for horrible embarrassment.
During high school and even college, boys are more interested in impressing other boys by using girls for sex.
The kinds of relationships that aspies and auties want are to be had when you are accomplished and much, much older. Work on yourself. Do your best with your education. Are you planning to go to college? For the most part, you can have friendships with girls and boys who are most like yourself in common interests. That boy at school - forget it. He will give you more pain and trouble than he is worth. Avoid him like he has the plague.
My son liked a girl and did exactly what you did. She blocked him on facebook. He was very hurt and told her so at school. Then, she complained about him to the school cop. He was horribly embarrassed and the cop told him to stay away from her. All he did was like her and that's what happened. He never looked at her again and all his hurt and problems went away.

fudgearoundthecorner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2018, 9:51 pm

well jeez... :oops:

"Pit, go fetch me some mac and cheese w/ flaming hot cheetos"
"Yes lady Fudgearoundthecorner"

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2018, 10:32 pm

fudgearoundthecorner,

You probably made him nervous. In my freshman year, the girl of my dreams said hi and sat next to me in one of my classes, and I moved to another seat because I felt overwhelmed. It's possible that he likes you as well, and he walked away without saying anything because he needed to process what was happening. He also might've blocked you on Facebook because he would rather speak to you about it in person.

But it's also possible that he DOESN'T like you back, and he cut himself off from you because he doesn't want to be involved in your life. I've done that in the past, admittedly.

I recommend that you speak to him in person again. This time, just start by greeting him and asking how he's been before bringing up your feelings. If he's worth your time, then he'll be honest. The situation brought up by RightGalaxy will almost certainly not happen to you; that girl had no reason to alert the authorities. People are usually more sensible than that.