Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 9:15 pm

Study: Economic Boom Largely Ignored as TV's Trump Coverage Hits 92% Negative

In four weeks, Americans go to the polls for the midterm elections that the news media are casting as a referendum on the Trump presidency. Over the summer, the broadcast networks have continued to pound Donald Trump and his team with the most hostile coverage of a President in TV news history — 92 percent negative, vs. just eight percent positive.

For this report, MRC analysts reviewed all 1,007 evening news stories (1,960 minutes of airtime) about the Trump administration on ABC, CBS and NBC from June 1 to September 30, tallying the coverage of each topic and all evaluative comments made by anchors, reporters and non-partisan sources (such as voters or experts).

The results show that, over the past four months, nearly two-thirds of evening news coverage of the Trump presidency has been focused on just five main topics: the Russia investigation; immigration policy; the Kavanaugh nomination; North Korea diplomacy; and U.S. relations with Russia. The networks’ coverage of all of these topics has been highly negative, while bright spots for the administration such as the booming economy received extremely little coverage (less than one percent of the four-month total).

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ri ... t-negative

There Are Four Lights!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 9:56 pm

October's #1 will be "how the Trump economy is collapsing".

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 10:03 pm

I wonder how much negative is coming from Faux News...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 10:40 pm

It's interesting how the people who seem offended by the term "fake news" have been using the term "faux news" for a much longer period of time. I think any news source that's known for being partisan is likely to be "fake/faux" news.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 8:50 pm

(Or not by the numbers, just in general.)

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 3:08 pm

Un-freaking-believable.

There Are Four Lights!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 6:24 pm

Darmok wrote:
Un-freaking-believable.

Yep, this is what I was just talking-about on the other thread..... By printing what they did, the first time, they were claiming it to be factual. At least they had the cojones to print a correction.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 6:27 pm

Darmok wrote:

Yep, I can vouch for that.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 2:22 am

Darmok wrote:

In four weeks, Americans go to the polls for the midterm elections that the news media are casting as a referendum on the Trump presidency. Over the summer, the broadcast networks have continued to pound Donald Trump and his team with the most hostile coverage of a President in TV news history — 92 percent negative, vs. just eight percent positive.

For this report, MRC analysts reviewed all 1,007 evening news stories (1,960 minutes of airtime) about the Trump administration on ABC, CBS and NBC from June 1 to September 30, tallying the coverage of each topic and all evaluative comments made by anchors, reporters and non-partisan sources (such as voters or experts).

The results show that, over the past four months, nearly two-thirds of evening news coverage of the Trump presidency has been focused on just five main topics: the Russia investigation; immigration policy; the Kavanaugh nomination; North Korea diplomacy; and U.S. relations with Russia. The networks’ coverage of all of these topics has been highly negative, while bright spots for the administration such as the booming economy received extremely little coverage (less than one percent of the four-month total).

...I have lost two drafts :cry: . Now, I will try this test post.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:10 am

Darmok wrote:

...What would you desire instead of the coverage of those five topics that you so dislike the coverage of? Every ten minutes of those subjects must be balanced out by ten minutes of " RAH RAH RAH! The economy's GREAT, there is ANO COLLUSION, the FBI SUCKS and so does Jeff Sessions, Hillary's popular vote margin was 100% zombie voters - LOCK HER UP!! !! !! !! !! ! LOCK HER UP!! !! !! !! !! ! - Dr. Ford is nutty & slu*ty, and DJT's pproval rating keeps going UP UP UP
! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! Yes, sir, this is the best of all possible worlds! In other news, the First Lady wore her latest STUNNING outfit..." :mrgreen: ?
Is that your desire. Bunky :mrgreen: ? Would that be " Fair & Balanced " :twisted: ? Recite RNC talking points/DJT campign handouts every day. :roll: ? A lot of conservative talk show hosts do that already, I believe.
To an extent. news tends to be about bad things that happen or are avoided/reduced in damage. People who cry for " positive news " would 't pay rate tion to a daily report on nothing but lovable puppydogs and seniors bonding with crippled - Or autistic! - kids.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 4:21 am

ASS-P wrote:
Darmok wrote:

...What would you desire instead of the coverage of those five topics that you so dislike the coverage of? Every ten minutes of those subjects must be balanced out by ten minutes of " RAH RAH RAH! The economy's GREAT, there was NO COLLUSION - Nobody's proved anything!! !! !! !! !! ! - Trump University was the VREATEST academic venture of ALL TIMS, those immigrant kids are being sent to COUNTRY CLUBS, there were such VREAT PEOPLE amo g the swastika-carriers in Chaottesville. the FBI SUCKS and so does Jeff Sessions, Hillary's popular vote margin was 100% zombie voters - LOCK HER UP!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! LOCK HER UP!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! - Dr. Ford is nutty & slu*ty, and DJT's approval rating keeps going UP UP UP
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Yes, sir, this is the best of all possible worlds! In other news, the First Lady wore her latest STUNNING outfit..." :mrgreen: ?
Is that your desire. Bunky :mrgreen: ? Would that be " Fair & Balanced " :twisted: ? Recite RNC talking points/DJT campign handouts every day. :roll: ? A lot of conservative talk show hosts do that already, I believe.
To an extent. news tends to be about bad things that happen or are avoided/reduced in damage. People who cry for " positive news " wouldn't pay rate tion to a daily report on nothing but lovable puppydogs and seniors bonding with crippled - Or autistic! - kids :lol: .

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 5:00 am

ASS-P wrote:
Darmok wrote:

...What would you desire instead of the coverage of those five topics that you so dislike the coverage of? Every ten minutes of those subjects must be balanced out by ten minutes of " RAH RAH RAH! The economy's GREAT, there is ANO COLLUSION, the FBI SUCKS and so does Jeff Sessions, Hillary's popular vote margin was 100% zombie voters - LOCK HER UP!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! LOCK HER UP!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! - Dr. Ford is nutty & slu*ty, and DJT's pproval rating keeps going UP UP UP
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Yes, sir, this is the best of all possible worlds! In other news, the First Lady wore her latest STUNNING outfit..." :mrgreen: ?
To an extent. news tends to be about bad things that happen or are avoided/reduced in damage. People who cry for " positive news " would 't pay rate tion to a daily report on nothing but lovable puppydogs and seniors bonding with crippled - Or autistic! - kids.

Perhaps you missed the summation:

"while bright spots for the administration such as the booming economy received extremely little coverage (less than one percent of the four-month total)."

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 6:24 am

Darmok wrote:

...For another, a touch more serious 8) , query involving the " biased, lying, news " claim, especially since the comment concerns the, declining but still important. " Big Three " :P broadcast TV news shows (Not the "Enemy Of The People " print and
cable ones! :P)...all of which broadcast on FCC-regulated TV stations, whose licences can be challenged. even taken away, which I believe has happened in the past...From the time of Nixon/
Agnew's. first term,
during which the " biased media elites " terminology really entered the Republican stylebook, there have been thirteen Presidential terms, 8 of them being Republican. Why hasn't the FCC, during those GOP administrations, tried a challenge again st the licence of one of those stations that practices what Reps consider especially egerious media bias? If nothing else, it might things uncomfortable for such liars, and scare other stations onto the straight and narrow" yes elephant, no donkey " path? :|, even if such a station managed to keep their liscence. If a Repub FCC won't do it --- than why won't a conservative group challenge the lis qua Ars of those damn liberal liars :evil: ? That - outside group challenges - has happened before in FCC history.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 6:59 am

ASS-P wrote:
Darmok wrote:

...For another, a touch more serious 8) , query involving the " biased, lying, news " claim, especially since the comment concerns the, declining but still important. " Big Three " :P broadcast TV news shows (Not the "Enemy Of The People " print and
cable ones! :P)...all of which broadcast on FCC-regulated TV stations, whose licences can be challenged. even taken away, which I believe has happened in the past...From the time of Nixon/
Agnew's. first term,
during which the " biased media elites " terminology really entered the Republican stylebook, there have been thirteen Presidential terms, 8 of them being Republican. Why hasn't the FCC, during those GOP administrations, tried a challenge again st the licence of one of those stations that practices what Reps consider especially egerious media bias? If nothing else, it might things uncomfortable for such liars, and scare other stations onto the straight and narrow" yes elephant, no donkey " path? :|, even if such a station managed to keep their liscence. If a Repub FCC won't do it --- than why won't a conservative group challenge the lis qua Ars of those damn liberal liars :evil: ? That - outside group challenges - has happened before in FCC history.

Do you have this same concerns regarding liberals referring to the major right leaning news channel as "faux news" for the last 20 years?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran