All in all, Trump is just another brick in the wall

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 12:25 am

Roger Waters divides crowd with anti-Bolsonaro comments at Brazil concert - Ex-Pink Floyd bass player warns: ‘Neo-fascism is on the rise’

Quote:
Pink Floyd founder Roger Waters waded neck-deep into the acrimony of Brazil’s presidential election on Tuesday night, condemning the far-right frontrunner, Jair Bolsonaro, as a neo-fascist in the mold of Donald Trump, Nigel Farage and Hungary’s Viktor Orbán...

Waters took an even clearer swipe at Bolsonaro at another moment in the show, projecting his name on to a screen above the stage alongside those of Trump, Farage, Orbán and Marine Le Pen with the warning: “Neo-fascism is on the rise.”

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 12:32 am

He weirdly makes Trump come off as a saint:

Quote:
The candidate has even faced charges for his discriminatory comments. Here’s a sampling of some of the things he’s said:

Bolsonaro has disparaged indigenous and Quilombolas communities, who are descendants of Afro-Brazilian slaves, implying, among other things, that they were lazy. “I think they don’t even manage to procreate anymore,” the candidate said.

He’s said that if he had a gay son, he would be unable to love him and “prefer that he die in an accident.”

He said a woman lawmaker wasn’t attractive enough to be raped because she was ugly. “She’s not my type. I would never rape her. I’m not a rapist, but if I were, I wouldn’t rape her because she doesn’t deserve it,” Bolsonaro said in 2014.

Bolsonaro responded to a question in 2011 about what he would do if his son fell in love with a black woman by saying, “I won’t discuss promiscuity.” He continued, “I don’t run that risk because my sons were very well educated.”

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/10/10/17 ... ions-trump

Includes video clips of him (weirdly he talked about wanting to kill 33,000 people) :

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 3:22 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
He weirdly makes Trump come off as a saint:

Quote:
The candidate has even faced charges for his discriminatory comments. Here’s a sampling of some of the things he’s said:

Bolsonaro has disparaged indigenous and Quilombolas communities, who are descendants of Afro-Brazilian slaves, implying, among other things, that they were lazy. “I think they don’t even manage to procreate anymore,” the candidate said.

He’s said that if he had a gay son, he would be unable to love him and “prefer that he die in an accident.”

He said a woman lawmaker wasn’t attractive enough to be raped because she was ugly. “She’s not my type. I would never rape her. I’m not a rapist, but if I were, I wouldn’t rape her because she doesn’t deserve it,” Bolsonaro said in 2014.

Bolsonaro responded to a question in 2011 about what he would do if his son fell in love with a black woman by saying, “I won’t discuss promiscuity.” He continued, “I don’t run that risk because my sons were very well educated.”

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/10/10/17 ... ions-trump

Includes video clips of him (weirdly he talked about wanting to kill 33,000 people) :

Bolsonaro's been around in government since the 90s, so there's more documentation of him.

While talking about killing 33,000, Bolsonaro so far hasn't done it - but only because he hasn't yet been in a position to do it.

And Trump is already a mass murderer responsible for the deaths of thousands in Puerto Rico.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 4:00 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:
Roger Waters divides crowd with anti-Bolsonaro comments at Brazil concert - Ex-Pink Floyd bass player warns: ‘Neo-fascism is on the rise’
Quote:
Pink Floyd founder Roger Waters waded neck-deep into the acrimony of Brazil’s presidential election on Tuesday night, condemning the far-right frontrunner, Jair Bolsonaro, as a neo-fascist in the mold of Donald Trump, Nigel Farage and Hungary’s Viktor Orbán...

Waters took an even clearer swipe at Bolsonaro at another moment in the show, projecting his name on to a screen above the stage alongside those of Trump, Farage, Orbán and Marine Le Pen with the warning: “Neo-fascism is on the rise.”

Sebastian Kurz is on that list? His party (Austria Peoples’ Party) is center-right. Freedom Party is their far-right party.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 5:16 pm

All human activity is on the rise with increasing populations.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 6:21 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
Quote:

Sebastian Kurz is on that list? His party (Austria Peoples’ Party) is center-right. Freedom Party is their far-right party.

Kurz and his party united with the fascist "Freedom Party" in a coalition beginning in 2017. The Freedom Party was given the foreign, interior and defense ministries.

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2018, 8:43 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:
And Trump is already a mass murderer responsible for the deaths of thousands in Puerto Rico.
There corrupt politicians were responsible for letting the utilities and everything else run in to the ground. Puerto Rico is really a third world country anyway. You're just a liberal looking to blame Trump for everything and anything.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 8:50 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
All human activity is on the rise with increasing populations.

Right! Let's put a stop to that!

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 9:38 pm

Heat844 wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
There corrupt politicians were responsible for letting the utilities and everything else run in to the ground. Puerto Rico is really a third world country anyway. You're just a liberal looking to blame Trump for everything and anything.

Er, no.

The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico is really a US territory, seized from Spain. As such, it is the responsibility of the seizing power to see to the safety of all its residents.

Trump, an established loser, did not do so and thousands of Puerto Ricans died who didn't need to do so.

When Puerto Ricans are in Puerto Rico, they don't get to vote for the US Senate or the House of Representatives. But since the hurricane, 750,000 of them have moved to Florida and other states. In about three weeks, we'll know what influence that might have had on the midterms.

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2018, 9:45 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:
Heat844 wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:

Er, no.

The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico is really a US territory, seized from Spain. As such, it is the responsibility of the seizing power to see to the safety of all its residents.

Trump, an established loser, did not do so and thousands of Puerto Ricans died who didn't need to do so.

When Puerto Ricans are in Puerto Rico, they don't get to vote for the US Senate or the House of Representatives. But since the hurricane, 750,000 of them have moved to Florida and other states. In about three weeks, we'll know what influence that might have had on the midterms.
I know its a US territory, but it might as well be a third world country. Its power infrastructure was a house of cards before the hurricane, which is why its taking so long to restore power there. You can't possibly blame Trump for that. But you will. :roll:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 10:01 pm

Just another trump in the wall

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 12:38 am

Another Pink Floyd song about Trump

sly279
Veteran