Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 10:17 am

Good-Bye! You'll be back.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 5:45 pm

Sorry to read that. Anyone can always make the decision to stay or leave. Hope you will feel better soon. You are always welcome here.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 5:55 pm

I understand. A break may refresh your spirits and energy, and return any time you want to.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 10:52 am

I decided not to leave. I don't care if some people here don't like me anymore but I learned not to get involved in serious discussions about things like politics and religion because it triggers me and makes me feel crazy.

And I need to stop being such a drama queen. :oops:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:25 am

First of all, I'm glad that, counter to the tone of your meme, you didn't mean you want to take your life.

Secondly, I don't blame you a bit on the political stuff. I'm cooling it from the Sisyphean political vitriol too. The problem I have with it is that the diehards on both sides who are obsessed by it are so entrenched in their respective ideologies fueled by pure emotion rather than logic, that there is rarely a rational exchange of ideas/debate.

It's as if a group were personified as Alex Jones on the one side and another group were personified as the mainstream media on the other going having a "debate" ad nauseum. Neither would convince the other of anything.

That said, I hope that there aren't any changes made to stifle a civil and respectful exchange of ideas, since there is a specific category for Politics, religion, etc. One of the great things about WP is allowing discourse on topics that I think NTs typically feel are "triggering". I don't mean just politics and religion. WP is refreshing to me because I can pose questions on any topic and WP users in general don't counter with: "You shouldn't ask that.", "Don't you know that's a rude thing to ask someone?", "You're not supposed to say things like that out loud.", etc......

I belonged to a non-ASD related forum for years. It also for many years fostered a civil debate of ideas in the "other topics" forum. One of the mods was a massive pro-government democrat who loathed every fiber of Trump's being. He ran the show on that "other topics" area and he literally forbid the mention of the president and forbid any such political talk. A lot of that forum was then reduced to adults having to sit at our desks with our hands folded staring straight ahead at the chalkboard. I left after having tens of thousands of posts over a ten+ year period. Sad.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:19 pm

I know some of it is my own fault. Bipolar or no Bipolar there are some things about my own behavior that I can control and I am in the wrong for choosing not to control it.

And politics is making everybody crazy these days. :(

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:50 pm

I never visit the political section, it's very toxic. This is everywhere, not only on WP.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:55 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I know some of it is my own fault. Bipolar or no Bipolar there are some things about my own behavior that I can control and I am in the wrong for choosing not to control it.

And politics is making everybody crazy these days. :(

don't worry, people come and go here all the time. it's like a train station here.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 2:03 pm

Tickets, please! :mrgreen:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 2:11 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
Tickets, please! :mrgreen:

Can I skip the holdup in purgatory and take the Express Train to Hell? :twisted:

I got that from Will & Grace. :lol:

Franfree
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Oct 2018, 9:09 pm

TW1TZY hope you’re feeling alright

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 5:01 pm

I'm just going through personal problems at home. I need to try to not let it all get to me.