The Danger of Political Assassination from the Left

Page 1 of 18 [ 259 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:01 am

There has already been an attempted assassination with one congressman shot. This is on top of a steady stream of leftist harassment of government officials in public and at their homes, openly incited by leftist members of Congress and even by Obama's attorney general (the only attorney general in history to be held in contempt of Congress).

Rand Paul warns of 'assassination' peril after Kavanaugh confirmation: 'I really worry someone is going to be killed'

Following the bitterly partisan, acrimonious confirmation battle over Associate Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., warned in an interview on Tuesday that heated political rhetoric has the potential to turn deadly.

"I fear that there's going to be an assassination," Paul told a Kentucky radio show. "I really worry that somebody is going to be killed, and that those who are ratcheting up the conversation ... they have to realize they bear some responsibility if this elevates to violence."

Paul's comments came the same day former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton declared that Democrats "cannot be civil" with Republicans any longer.

Paul's wife, Kelley, revealed in a Breitbart News interview on Friday that she sleeps with a "loaded gun by my bed," has updated her home's security system and has "deadbolts all around my house." Kelley also wrote an op-ed published by CNN in which she called on Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., to tone down his rhetoric; in June, Booker suggested his supporters “get up in the face of congresspeople.”

The Kentucky senator reiterated his wife's criticism on Tuesday. "When people like Cory Booker say get up in their face ... What he doesn't realize is that for every 1,000 persons who want to get up in your face, one of them is going to be unstable enough to commit violence," Paul said.

And last fall, Paul was attacked and beaten in his yard in Kentucky by his neighbor -- an episode that a Kentucky Democrat joked about earlier this year.

Paul was attending the congressional baseball practice last summer when a gunman opened fire, hitting House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., in the hip and injuring two Capitol police officers and an aide. The episode was very nearly a "massacre," lawmakers said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rand-p ... -be-killed

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:05 am

One man's fear does not prove his prediction.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:09 am

Fnord wrote:

How can a current prediction be proven?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:17 am

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IF it comes true.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:40 am

Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IF it comes true.

I meant how can it be proven while it's current.

since you're not using your old (as in not current) sig, can I use the "explaining the obvious to the oblivious" part?

Last edited by EzraS on 11 Oct 2018, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:41 am

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IF it comes true.
I meant how can it be proven while it's current. since you're not using your old, as in not current, sig can I use the "explaining the obvious to the oblivious" part? :P
Non-Sequitur.

I did explain the obvious.

And I'm not currently using that sig line because certain snowflakes were having melt-downs every time they saw it.

(They know who they are.)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:54 am

Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IF it comes true.
I meant how can it be proven while it's current. since you're not using your old, as in not current, sig can I use the "explaining the obvious to the oblivious" part? :P
Non-Sequitur.

I did explain the obvious.

you saying that something current can be currently proven by what takes place in the future is obviously what doesn't follow.

Fnord wrote:
And I'm not currently using that sig line because certain snowflakes were having melt-downs every time they saw it.

(They know who they are.)

personally i just thought it sounded duchey.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:58 am

:roll: Oh, brother...

Once more ... One man's fear does not prove his prediction. The only proof that the prediction is valid is IF the prediction comes true.

Got it?

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:59 am

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., warned in an interview on Tuesday that heated political rhetoric has the potential to turn deadly.

"I fear that there's going to be an assassination," Paul told a Kentucky radio show. "I really worry that somebody is going to be killed, and that those who are ratcheting up the conversation ... they have to realize they bear some responsibility if this elevates to violence."

It already has.
It already has.
It already has.
It already has'
It already has.

You are 7 times more likely to be killed by a right-wing extremist than an Islamic terrorist

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 12:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
:roll: Oh, brother...

Once more ... One man's fear does not prove his prediction. The only proof that the prediction is valid is IF the prediction comes true.

Got it?

nice backpedal but I was obviously asking how can it be currently be proven. the answer is, it can't.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 12:14 pm

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
:roll: Oh, brother...Once more ... One man's fear does not prove his prediction. The only proof that the prediction is valid is IF the prediction comes true. Got it?
nice backpedal but I was obviously asking how can it be currently be proven. the answer is, it can't.
So you already knew the answer to an irrelevant question, yet you asked it anyway.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 12:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
:roll: Oh, brother...Once more ... One man's fear does not prove his prediction. The only proof that the prediction is valid is IF the prediction comes true. Got it?
So you already knew the answer to an irrelevant question, yet you asked it anyway.

close. it was a rhetorical question made to point out that what you said didn't make sense.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 12:39 pm

Historically left wing extremists have been very poor shots. Wish that could have been true of the right wing extremists.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 12:59 pm

BTDT wrote:
Historically left wing extremists have been very poor shots. Wish that could have been true of the right wing extremists.

Left wing extremists need to spend more time at the shooting range, I guess.