Perils of right-wing TERRORISM&Crime (GOV’T STATS INCLUDED)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 1:02 pm

We all already know how Trumpsters are going to react - like always they're going to scream "luggenpresse" without providing any refuting statistics. Keep in mind included in these are reports from government agencies prepared for congress as well as reports from the FBI.

So, all of this is for everyone else. Enjoy.

In case this video contains some bits that the above doesn't:

Note on below: Islamic terrorists have killed more people in their attacks (since a right wing attack in 1997 was prevented), what these reports are saying is that far-right statistically commit the most acts

Quote:
Terrorism is surging in the US, fueled by right-wing ideologies

Most attacks in 2017 were thought to be motivated by right-leaning ideologies, a Quartz analysis of data from the Global Terrorism Database shows. Out of 65 incidents, 37 were tied to racist, anti-Muslim, homophobic, anti-Semitic, fascist, anti-government, or xenophobic motivations.

Meanwhile, 11 attacks were inspired by left-leaning ideologies. And seven were linked to Islamic extremists.

https://qz.com/1355874/terrorism-is-sur ... xtremists/

Quote:
The Numbers Don’t Lie: White Far-Right Terrorists Pose A Clear Danger To Us All

Yet the numbers don’t lie — even if the Islamophobes do. “Since September 12, 2001,” noted a recent report prepared for Congress by the Government Accountability Office, “the number of fatalities caused by domestic violent extremists has ranged from 1 to 49 in a given year. … Fatalities resulting from attacks by far-right wing violent extremists have exceeded those caused by radical Islamist violent extremists in 10 of the 15 years, and were the same in 3 of the years since September 12, 2001.” Imagine that.

The report continues: “Of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since September 12, 2001, far-right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent) while radical Islamist violent extremists were responsible for 23 (27 percent).” That’s a margin of almost three to one.

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/31/the ... to-us-all/

GOVERNMENT REPORT OF FINDINGS:

https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

Fort Worth (1997 attack, 9/11 killed 2,996) ;

Quote:
To illustrate the scale of destruction that even a small radical cell could achieve, Potok points to a narrowly averted attack outside Fort Worth, Texas, in 1997. There, three Ku Klux Klan members planned to blow up a natural gas plant as a diversion for a simultaneous armored car robbery. If the local Klan leader hadn’t gotten cold feet and reported the plan to the FBI, authorities believe as many as 30,000 might have been killed.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/the-greatest ... talk-about

Quote:
Hate crimes rose the day after Trump was elected, FBI data show

Nationally, levels in 2014 were the lowest since national reporting began in 1992, according to the FBI. Since then, hate crimes have steadily increased. In 2016, the last year with FBI totals available, hate crimes were up 11.7 percent compared to 2014.

In 2017, our data show that hate crimes rose 12 percent over 2016 levels in 38 of the largest cities.

The six most frequently targeted groups in 2016, according to the FBI, were African-Americans; lesbians, gays and bisexuals; whites; Jews; Latinos; and Muslims.

Hate crime victims in 2016
African-Americans were the most-targeted group in 2016, comprising more than a quarter of all hate crime victims.

African-Americans
28.4%
Lesbian, gay or bisexual
17.5%
Whites
11.8%
Jews
11.2%
Latinos
6.1%
Muslims
5%

https://theconversation.com/new-data-sh ... 2017-97989

(Of note, percentage is compared to all hate crimes not compared to each group’s population in the states)

Quote:
Study: When Trump tweets about Muslims, hate crimes increase

“We show that the rise in anti-Muslim hate crimes since Donald Trump's presidential campaign has been concentrated in counties with high Twitter usage. Consistent with a role for social media, Trump's tweets on Islam-related topics are highly correlated with anti-Muslim hate crime after, but not before the start of his presidential campaign, and are uncorrelated with other types of hate crimes. These patterns stand out in historical comparison: Counties with many Twitter users today did not consistently experience more anti-Muslim hate crimes during previous presidencies.”

The correlation holds when certain keywords are used—for example, when hashtags or keywords such as 'Islam' or 'Muslim' are used by the president in a tweet. It's also quite clear that in counties with a higher number of Twitter users, the hate crimes against Muslims are correspondingly higher after the original tweets go out.

https://bigthink.com/brandon-weber/dog- ... tudy-shows

NOTE TO TRUMP SUPPORTERS AND DEFENDERS: If you wish to offer a refuting claim - provide statistics you can back it up with from legitimate sources such as from a government created report for congress or the FBI. I only take seriously refutation that is backed up by stats and facts and those will be the only replies I will respond to since I deem responding to conjecture as a waste of time.

Last edited by Spooky_Mulder on 11 Oct 2018, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 1:23 pm

And yet when I refer to these people as 'Brownshirts', it's dismissed as mere hyperbole.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 1:29 pm

Piobaire wrote:
And yet when I refer to these people as 'Brownshirts', it's dismissed as mere hyperbole.

For me one of the weirdest thing is they call themselves patriots.

I might be old school, given my alternative path was the FBI -

But, my definition isn’t a group that commits rampant domestic terrorist attacks and stockpiles weapons in case they need to take up arms against the government via an “unregulated militia.”

That said, terriyingly Anders Behring Breivik (the Norway far right terrorist) considered himself a “patriot” as well. His action is considered the worst atrocity in Norway since WWII. Here’s some more information on that psychopath:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2577646/anders-behring-breivik-norway-mass-murderer/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 3:11 pm

Fascism is always painted with the broad brush of "Patriotism" by the Fascists themselves.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 6:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fascism is always painted with the broad brush of "Patriotism" by the Fascists themselves.

And fascists such as Brazil's Bolsonaro often use terms of the left to describe themselves. Bolsonaro's fascist party calls itself the "Social Liberals".