Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 5:32 pm

Is there a way to get over a crush?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 10:50 pm

I don't know, Kitty. I had a huge crush on a boy in college, and then my roommate stole him away from me (seduced him). I moved on, married someone else, but do you know, for many years I had dreams about my crush. I didn't want to keep having those dreams, but you don't always get to pick what happens in sleep.

Anyway, I no longer still have those dreams, but I can't say why not, exactly. It has been a quarter century since I saw that man and I think it's about that long since I had dreams about him.

All you can do is try to move on.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 12:14 am

BeaArthur wrote:
I don't know, Kitty. I had a huge crush on a boy in college, and then my roommate stole him away from me (seduced him). I moved on, married someone else, but do you know, for many years I had dreams about my crush. I didn't want to keep having those dreams, but you don't always get to pick what happens in sleep.

Anyway, I no longer still have those dreams, but I can't say why not, exactly. It has been a quarter century since I saw that man and I think it's about that long since I had dreams about him.

All you can do is try to move on.

I think my crush on my former physical therapist was huge too, in the healthcare center, I started having dreams about him & I was thinking about him too. He made me laugh & smile when I was depressed, he was goofing around dancing & singing, we also talked, we were friends too, I guess, we like the same music, it was easy talking to him, that don’t happen toooo much for me. When I left the healthcare center, I stayed in touch with one of the therapist, a woman, I wanted to stay in touch with the guy too, cuz he was sooo nice to me & it was easy to talk to him, but he didn’t want to be my friend & stay in touch. I been home a week & almost 3 days, I still having dreams about him, but my crush is slowly fading away.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 12:22 am

I'm glad you are home! How is it going? Are you allowed to walk on the healed ankle yet?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 8:47 pm

My ankle is not 100% healed, I can put a little pressure on it, my doctor said it was very good. I been walking with my walker, I still have my boot on. I’m doing great, I can stand up without losing balance, in my hallway to the bathroom, I have to walk to the bathroom, my hallway is small, my wheelchair won’t fit, when I walk, I hold on to the walls for support, I walk into my bedroom too with my walker, my wheelchair won’t fit through my bedroom door. Last week, I started to walk out of my apartment, I have 2 steps, I use my walker. Next Thursday, I have a doctor appointment at 10:20 AM, too early for me, my doctor appointment is in a different city, it is 45 minutes away from me, I need to wake up at 7:30 :cry: After my appointment, I may go to the healthcare center to visit people that I miss, unfortunately Matthew (my former physical therapist) will be there, next Thursday wil be 3 weeks & 2 days that I have not seen him or talked to him, I still have my crush on him :( :roll: :oops: :cry: :wall: :wall: I stayed in touch with another therapist, she worked with me too, I really wanted to stay friends with Matthew, it was easy to talk to him,we had some things in common, he’s funny & he is very nice, but he don’t care about me now.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 10:42 pm

I am so fortunate to live in an apartment with extra wide halls, doorways, and no stairs. Well, I'm glad you are able to get about. Good luck with your appointment next Thursday.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 1:29 am

I wish other people reply to my post. I need to get over my crush, I have no one to talk to about this.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 3:26 am

I’ve had a few crushes.

One thing I do is use them in my writing.

Much great literature is due with crushes that didn’t work out.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 2:08 pm

Unreciprocated love is great for writing songs

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 2:42 pm

You imagine him pooping.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Oct 2018, 9:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You imagine him pooping.
That might make her develop a SCAT fetish :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

stephoni
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Oct 2018, 11:47 pm

For me, find something to distract yourself to get over your crush because it is a "lost cause" for me, my two long term relationships failed after seven years. To get over the break ups, I focused on myself, healed myself, and tried to believe in myself after "s**t hit the fan", literally. For me, song writing and music was my coping mechanisms to get over the break ups. Find a hobby or passion to get over the crush(es) that you have that you know are one-sided aka unrequited love. Get involved in the community. Get to know people. Do not be a recluse or withdraw yourself after rejection...There are friends that do care about you and want you to genuinely be happy and succeed in relationships, life, love, and everything else that society has to offer. You may not see them daily or hear from them often, but they do support you through their prayers, brief check-ins, etc. I hope that helps.