What do you think about same sex marriage?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2018, 5:57 pm

What do you think about two people of the same sex getting married? I've heard some people saying that allowing this would lead to people marrying animals, corpses, or toasters, but I see no evidence of this. It's been legalized all over the United States now and there's no sign of these things happening.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 6:00 pm

I think my dad had the first gay marriage in Malta so I'm glad he has someone.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 6:04 pm

Totally against it. It’s Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 6:07 pm

It's their business if they want to marry. Personally, I don't know how any any marriage lasts these days even when the genders are opposites.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 6:14 pm

I don't think the government should be involved in marriage at all, but I personally think gay relationships are unhealthy.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 6:33 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Totally against it. It’s Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve.

Gay people can marry whoever they want but I with you on stopping Steves , we have to stop Steves marrying

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 6:35 pm

"No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States...nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

There are two aspects of marriage; civil and ecclesiastic; one is a contractual agreement; the other a religious sacrament. According to the First Amendment, churches are free to be just as bigoted, backward, and hateful as they choose to be. However, the 14th Amendment compels the government to protect the rights of everyone impartially.
Pursuant to Obergefell v. Hodges, there's no longer anything called "same sex marriage"...there's just "marriage".
"What do I think?" I wholeheartedly approve!

As these are rights guaranteed to all of us under the US Constitution, being a bigot is downright un-American.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Oct 2018, 6:45 pm

I think it should be completely acceptable. I very strongly believe in the separation of church & state. Even animals are gay. I seen male dogs humping each other & even some humping cats before so i really don't get why it's bad for us humans to marry the same sex when gayness is perfectly natural. I also think we should be able to be married to more than one person.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 6:47 pm

I'm all for it. I think that people should be able to marry who they want. It's not the 1800s anymore.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:00 pm

For many hetero-couples, it's always the same sex.

Image Ba-Dum-TSSH!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:22 pm

Cautiously for it.

More than a law it is a big social experiment.

There is only one precedent in American history that is like it in my humble opinion: in which a law was more than a law but a radical nationwide social experiment. And that precedent was Prohibition in the 1920's. Similar, but opposite. In the Twenties the government tried to ban something that had never before been banned in Western history before: alcohol. And today we are allowing something that has never been allowed before: same sex marriage.

Prohibition was a disaster, and was finally repealed. Same sex marriage has yet to cause any problem equivalent to the many problems caused almost immediately by Prohibition. But maybe some bad societal thing will happen around the corner. But I cant imagine what that bad thing would be.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:32 pm

Research shows that a disproportionate number of individuals are LGBTQ and autistic. Knowing that this site enjoys both groups, I doubt that any criticisms would gain traction in the overall discussion.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:46 pm

Toasters? Holy crap!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:50 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Toasters? Holy crap!

You like em too eh! They are sexy little buggers. What do you buy the happy couple as a wedding gift - a toaster would be insensitive

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 9:45 pm

i'm against it. marriage that is. ha ha

btw i'm pretty sure my neighbor is engaged to a waffle iron.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 9:48 pm

I feel like this is the wrong place to discuss this.

But personally I'm all for it.