What do you think about same sex marriage?

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 10:46 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
In any case, the number-one most common cause for divorce is marriage! No Marriage => No Divorce => No Alimony. Simple, eh?
Unless you are Catholic which means no divorce for you.
The word is "Annulment". Or just go to a state or country where "No-Fault Divorce" laws are not dependent on the whims of the RCC.
Isn't an Annulment harder to get than an actual divorce though?
Dunno. Maybe. I'm not Catholic.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 10:53 am

AspieUtah wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Drat , I've never posted in LGBT , for the same reason I don't post in Wimmin Discussions - it's none of my beeswax

You can be an honorary LGBTQ Wrong Planeteer!

Will that make me a HLGBTQWP , I'll take it :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 11:15 am

SaveFerris wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Drat , I've never posted in LGBT , for the same reason I don't post in Wimmin Discussions - it's none of my beeswax

You can be an honorary LGBTQ Wrong Planeteer!

Will that make me a HLGBTQWP , I'll take it :lol:

I know, I know. It is a morass of differences! Hehe. How creative of you to define yourself thusly. :lol:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 11:24 am

Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
In any case, the number-one most common cause for divorce is marriage! No Marriage => No Divorce => No Alimony. Simple, eh?
The word is "Annulment". Or just go to a state or country where "No-Fault Divorce" laws are not dependent on the whims of the RCC.

Neither am I. :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 3:48 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Yes. Its harder. Its basically declaring that the marriage "never happened". More involved than just saying "it happened, but now were dissolving it".

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 4:16 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Yes. Its harder. Its basically declaring that the marriage "never happened". More involved than just saying "it happened, but now were dissolving it".

Yeah I thought it was something like that and you basically need special permission to get it, unlike a divorce which you can get regardless of why you want to leave your spouse.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 10:32 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
unlike a divorce which you can get regardless of why you want to leave your spouse.

Not in the UK although I believe the laws are changing regarding a no fault divorce. Interestingly it looks like you cannot commit adultery if you sleep with someone of the same sex.

Edit:In the UK, adultery can only occur between members of the opposite sex and must involve vaginal intercourse.

Quote:
Grounds for divorce

When you apply for a divorce you’ll need to prove that your marriage has broken down. You’ll need to give one or more of the following 5 reasons.

Adultery

Your husband or wife had sexual intercourse with someone else of the opposite sex.

The law recognises the act of adultery as sexual intercourse between a man and a woman.

You cannot give adultery as a reason if you lived together as a couple for 6 months after you found out about it.

Unreasonable behaviour

Your husband or wife has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to live with them.

This could include:

physical violence
verbal abuse, such as insults or threats
drunkenness or drug-taking
refusing to pay for housekeeping

Desertion

Your husband or wife has left you:

without your agreement
without a good reason
to end your relationship
for more than 2 years in the past 2.5 years

You can still claim desertion if you have lived together for up to a total of 6 months in this period.

You’ve been separated for more than 2 years

You can apply for a divorce if you’ve been separated for more than 2 years and both agree to the divorce.

Your husband or wife must agree in writing.

You can be separated while living in the same home as long as you’re not together as a couple (for example you sleep and eat apart).

You’ve been separated for at least 5 years

You can apply for a divorce if you’ve been separated for at least 5 years, even if your husband or wife disagrees.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 2:01 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
unlike a divorce which you can get regardless of why you want to leave your spouse.

Not in the UK although I believe the laws are changing regarding a no fault divorce. Interestingly it looks like you cannot commit adultery if you sleep with someone of the same sex.

Edit:In the UK, adultery can only occur between members of the opposite sex and must involve vaginal intercourse.

Quote:
Grounds for divorce

When you apply for a divorce you’ll need to prove that your marriage has broken down. You’ll need to give one or more of the following 5 reasons.

Adultery

Your husband or wife had sexual intercourse with someone else of the opposite sex.

The law recognises the act of adultery as sexual intercourse between a man and a woman.

You cannot give adultery as a reason if you lived together as a couple for 6 months after you found out about it.

Unreasonable behaviour

Your husband or wife has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to live with them.

This could include:

physical violence
verbal abuse, such as insults or threats
drunkenness or drug-taking
refusing to pay for housekeeping

Desertion

Your husband or wife has left you:

without your agreement
without a good reason
to end your relationship
for more than 2 years in the past 2.5 years

You can still claim desertion if you have lived together for up to a total of 6 months in this period.

You’ve been separated for more than 2 years

You can apply for a divorce if you’ve been separated for more than 2 years and both agree to the divorce.

Your husband or wife must agree in writing.

You can be separated while living in the same home as long as you’re not together as a couple (for example you sleep and eat apart).

You’ve been separated for at least 5 years

You can apply for a divorce if you’ve been separated for at least 5 years, even if your husband or wife disagrees.

Wow, I just assumed that it was easy to get there like it is here in the States. I apologize. :(

I guess it used to be like that here too a long time ago. A divorce was hard to obtain like for example in New York up until I think the 1950's (or maybe 1970's I'm not sure) a woman could not divorce her husband unless she could prove infidelity. So basically she could be married to an abusive monster who beat her black and blue on a daily basis and she still could not leave him.

But a divorce is still considered different from an annulment. A divorce basically terminates your marriage while an annulment claims that you were never actually married to begin with.

And from what I think I understand Catholics are strictly against divorce because they view it as a form of adultery. They believe that when you marry somebody you are supposed to stay married for life and if you marry somebody else while you are supposed to already be married then you are basically committing adultery and bigamy.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 6:26 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:

Wow, I just assumed that it was easy to get there like it is here in the States. I apologize. :(

No need to apologise - I'm not married :lol:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 6:39 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Lol I was apologizing for my own ignorance. :lol:

It's bad to assume that every country is the same as your own lol.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 7:48 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

You're American I expect it :P *race war started* :lol:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 7:55 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Haha well at least I can admit when I've been ignorant unlike most Americans. :mrgreen:

I hope I'm not sounding conceded by saying that. :oops:

Last edited by TW1ZTY on 13 Oct 2018, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 8:03 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Haha well at least I can admit when I've been ignorant unlike most Americans. :mrgreen:

Lots of respect for you then :wtg:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 8:06 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Lots of respect for you then :wtg:

Thank you. :D I just don't like the attitude my country has about the entire world revolving around us so I'm trying my hardest to not be like that myself. :thumright: