Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 7:46 pm

Well I'm not about to make this a big tricky web development thing just yet. If I were to do that I would need to first figure out how it could include the people in my life already.

I'm trying to find common ground with everyone who's been sold on social networks because I'm not among them. I take no issue with all of us pestering each other because I think THAT'S great; it's all the advertising & blocking & structure that I say must go. Nothing about separating people by any means interests me. I don't consider online bickering any kind of good reason to disregard someone. I'm not writing about my app ideas, I'm writing about my concerns for my friends & my own ability to level with them. I don't see online interaction of any common sort as real dialog. I think I know people who deserve better than the lives silicon valley has preordained for them.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 1:16 pm

I didn't make this thread about philosophy but I'm hoping it will take a Socratic course. I'd like us to keep the tech brainstorm to a dull roar in order to make room for everyone's ideas. If I write any code for these purposes, it will be as simple as possible.

I'm quite appreciative of any ideas anyone may add, I simply want to make sure technology doesn't distract us from real human interaction. My thread is about helping people in my life step back from making all their decisions on someone else's software.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 1:59 pm

Setting up a better "dating" site is not about code. It's primarily about knowledge. Today's dating sites don't have a clue about neurodiversity and how to pair people with neurodiverse traits. This is not only a problem related to autism.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 2:12 pm

Again, in no way shape or form do I want to run such a site. I'm in agreement there but I think this is a matter of needing more lucid dialog rather than more electronic interfaces. I don't even think this hypothetical web app needs any particular stated purpose, except for keeping us from diluting our thoughts & principles just to stay on some media network because they're an instant messaging monopoly.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 2:24 pm

Creative people can use any of the existing means to play the neurodiverse courtship game. Even Facebook can be used and exploited for that purpose. But none of them are suitable for first contact. For that other means than chat and conversations are needed.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 4:51 pm

OK but I just said I'm sick of Facebook exploiting everyone I know. To my mind, there's nothing honest about having a branded conversation. Facebook is funded by a government which spies on its' own people & uses flashy tech to distract millions of people from gruesome violence & glorified modern slavery, among other things.

Once more, this thread is about being accountable to those who know me regarding my tech knowledge. 'First contact' with someone who lives, eats, sleeps & breathes hacking is not easy for other people & I don't subject anyone to that unless I'm quite confident in their mental strength.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 3:45 pm

I guess I'll have to keep reiterating; this threat is about unplugging people, beginning with myself & then those closest to me. No different from airline safety protocol.

I'm not asking for some web page that doesn't exist, I'm seeking a means to help others realize the pitfalls of prioritizing the internet over reality. I think it's making us all more judgmental & less patient.

Last bumped by cberg on 22 Oct 2018, 3:45 pm.