Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 8:10 pm

If you are 15 and over, read this book before you date: "The Gaslight Effect" by Dr. Robin Stern. All aspies should read this to be spared a LOT of pain.

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2018, 1:24 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
If you are 15 and over, read this book before you date: "The Gaslight Effect" by Dr. Robin Stern. All aspies should read this to be spared a LOT of pain.

Oh my gosh! I will I’m still living it atm desperately trying to sell our house so I can be alone.

One of the happiest moments of my life was when he put a hole in our bedroom door!! Oh my gosh the glee!! !! I was so brain washed he actually tried to say he didn’t do it!! ! Literally he tells me the hole wasn’t there.

I was like um I can see it!! ! Plus obviously I was there when it happened so I had actually seen him do it (temper).

My father came over by conincidence and I made him look at it and confirm it was there obviously didn’t tell him what happened but that’s how bad it was I needed someone else to confirm a hole in a door.

After many more denials I touched the hole (also large surrounding crack) it’s a hollow door and then he says when I’m clearly not buying it and had it confirmed by my father he changes to“u made me do it” so at least some acknowledgement. But that was one of a lot of times.

To this day every time something doesn’t go he’s way he calls me “emotional acting crazy”

for example just now I tell him I want to do some work so going to the coffee shop”. He says “why r u being so emotional!! !” I hadn’t said anything with emotions or remotely with emotions then he says “I hate it when u act crazy like this”.

Good God I’m going to a coffee shop to do some accounting work. Normally I would have reacted but today I said “I’m just going to concentrate on my work, bye”

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 6:30 am

^^How long have you been with this guy?

I know you’re attached to the guy. Whether economically or otherwise.

I would still take steps to leave this guy.

PhilipCain
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2018, 8:51 am

Problems with a guy are just your problems, solve them with him and not on the forums

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Oct 2018, 12:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
^^How long have you been with this guy?

I know you’re attached to the guy. Whether economically or otherwise.

I would still take steps to leave this guy.

13years!! !! Married for 12. He’s a stereotypical workaholic can’t believe I wasted so much of my life on someone who literally doesn’t talk to me. Hate him the auctions tomorrow and then hopefully I can take my money and leave and yes there are 3 kids and yes for the longest time I thought I was going crazy but then my phycharist pointed out that these “accidents” never happen when his not around...

Don’t think it can’t happen to u! I’m so happy it’s over!

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Oct 2018, 12:55 am

PhilipCain wrote:
Problems with a guy are just your problems, solve them with him and not on the forums

Yes 23.... not sure if I can hold too much to ur opinion because 23 that’s when I made the heaps good decision to marry someone I barely knew....