No 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Dunno 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
:help: I've Just woken Up , Get Lost 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 24

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 11:48 pm

I am not a morning person. Everything is at its worse in the morning. I slowly adjust to each new day. I'm at my best in the evening.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 11:06 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I'm laughing so hard (sorry Ferris)

No need to apologise , it's always good to make someone laugh even if it is at your own expense :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 11:46 am

SaveFerris wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I'm laughing so hard (sorry Ferris)

No need to apologise , it's always good to make someone laugh even if it is at your own expense :lol:

I did it again today -- I hooked my mobile charger around a drawer pull by mistake and got stuck

(cerebellar stroke does NOT help in this regard - lol)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 12:46 pm

I've damaged a lot of cables by snagging or tripping on them , I think all cables should have a breakaway plug like the xbox controller

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 2:32 pm

Oh yes. Early in my day (not the day, because my body-clock is several times zones away from where I live!), my sensory sensitivities are worse, I'm clumsier, and communication is way harder.

The last job I had was somewhere that an old friend had worked for a long time, and he used to give me a lift to work. One morning, he announced that there was something very serious that he needed to talk to me about; was our friendship suffering because of working together? It turned out that the reason he was worried was because I couldn't string two words together whenever he tried to chat to me in the car on the commute; either because I'd only been awake for half an hour in the morning after only a few hours sleep (if any), or because I was knackered from the day at work.

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2018, 6:52 pm

Waking up is rough. Part of it is sensory... the lights need to be kept low and no loud noises. I move very slowly and am extremely clumsy. It feels like I'm thinking through a cottony film so I'm not big on conversation. Getting into the shower to blast myself with water isn't fun.

Part of it is just that I never get truly rested. I am a lucid dreamer and have terrible nightmares. They haunt me like ghosts for weeks or even months afterward. I wake during the dream cycle so I never reach that deep level of sleep necessary for restoration and rejuvenation. It doesn't matter how long I sleep. I always need a nap after being murdered, chased, hunted, caught in mazes with no way out, you name it.

I take pills to knock me out and pills to wake me up but neither do a sufficient job of it.

After about 2 or 3 hours I'm as lucid as I'm going to get.

- Joanne M. Harris, The Testament of Loki

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 6:56 pm

Serpentine wrote:
Waking up is rough. Part of it is sensory... the lights need to be kept low and no loud noises. I move very slowly and am extremely clumsy. It feels like I'm thinking through a cottony film so I'm not big on conversation. Getting into the shower to blast myself with water isn't fun.

Part of it is just that I never get truly rested. I am a lucid dreamer and have terrible nightmares. They haunt me like ghosts for weeks or even months afterward. I wake during the dream cycle so I never reach that deep level of sleep necessary for restoration and rejuvenation. It doesn't matter how long I sleep. I always need a nap after being murdered, chased, hunted, caught in mazes with no way out, you name it.

I take pills to knock me out and pills to wake me up but neither do a sufficient job of it.

After about 2 or 3 hours I'm as lucid as I'm going to get.

I have the same sleep problems (nightmares, terrors, lucidity) and I now take anti-nightmare meds. My sleep study said I don't even reach the deepest level of sleep (Delta Wave?) . Have you had a sleep study? I'd recommend one if you haven't. Sorry you are having so many problems with rest :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:42 pm

I feel groggy and slow for the first two hours that I'm up and than I start to feel awake after that time.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 1:58 am

If I get woken up because I have to go to the bathroom or because there's a noise I usually can never get back to sleep because of this issue. Whether it's due to Autism or ADHD or a combination of the two I don't know but most of the time it's impossible for me to get back to sleep again.

As soon as I awake my mind immediately goes into overdrive, as always, and sleep becomes a ridiculous notion.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)