Am I the only one who is bothered by the term "Mama's Boy"?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 9:31 am

Fathers think that nobody is ever good enough for their little girls, Mothers think that nobody is ever good enough for either of their babies. :P

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 4:44 pm

The only reason why people feel a type of way about momma's boys is because no woman wants to feel like she has to compete for a guys attention with his mother. Mostly guys of single mothers tend to be like this where you have to compete for his time against his mom and that's not a very comforting feeling to have.

TW1ZTY wrote:
Fathers think that nobody is ever good enough for their little girls, Mothers think that nobody is ever good enough for either of their babies. :P

This is definitely true and I'm kinda living through this experience ... xD

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 5:04 pm

green0star wrote:
The only reason why people feel a type of way about momma's boys is because no woman wants to feel like she has to compete for a guys attention with his mother. Mostly guys of single mothers tend to be like this where you have to compete for his time against his mom and that's not a very comforting feeling to have.

TW1ZTY wrote:

This is definitely true and I'm kinda living through this experience ... xD

I guess it is hard to compete for a guy's affection with his mother around because usually nobody will ever love him like his mother will. :P

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 2:12 am

Mamma's boy just means a guy who still follows his mother's rules and lets her tell him how to live his life and believe what she believes because he can't have his own opinions. He is a grown man and he still let's his mother rule his life and let her be right about everything.

I used to talk to a guy online and even though he lived in his own apartment, he was still going by his mamma's rules. One example was when he asked me something about sex so I told him to look it up and gave him the link (I was not going to explain it if you can simply to a simple google search). His response "No that is dirty stuff, mom says I can't go into dirty sites." No it was not a dirty site, it was a medical website explaining a girl's part. I mean dude, why even ask if you are not intending to hear the answer? Yeah this pissed me off and it was very annoying I had to fight the urge to tell him to grow up and that he sounded very pathetic. We don't talk anymore.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Oct 2018, 4:19 am

Sometimes people assume someone is a mama's boy just cuz they live with their mom or their parents when the person is anything but. I was assumed to be one by some women & I HATED living with my parents & NEVER had a close realtionship with my mom. She was always very critical of my many issues. I really wanted to get the hell away but couldn't due to being disabled. I met my current girlfriend online & she lived across the country & I planned to move to be with her & did. Both my exes lived a day away from me & I was totally planning to move to be with them. I totally wanted to relocate but was just stuck between a rock & a hard place(either be homeless & live on the streets when I have N0 street smarts or stay with my parents) due to having no other options available. I only see my parents 3x a year & I do call but that's because they want me to. I call about every 4 days. I don't talk about much & let them do most of the talking. Then I go on with my life & don't really worry about them for another few days.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition